Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL Week of 12/9-12/15/19

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: Share your punniest meme, gif, T-shirt, etc.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: TTCAL Week of 12/9-12/15/19

How are things going? Just reminded a lot of our loss and trials recently which stinks, but trying to focus and have gratitude for the good things in life!

What is something that you are struggling with this week? We decided to TTC last January and I didn't even get a cycle until March to start trying.. realizing that we pulled the trigger almost a year ago is such a gross feeling to me as a "loss of time with no result"

What is going well for you this week? Starting to get all my Christmas gifts handled and ordered and delivered :)

R/R? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? getting karyotype testing done tomorrow as well as my hopefully last beta 

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 4 losses (all info is in my siggy) 

How are things going?  Meh.  I am in a crap place. I am better than last week, but I just cant seem to shake the feeling that the testing will not show anything and we will be stuck in limbo. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? See above.  I have been diving deep into Dr. Google, and trying to find anything at all that I might be able to be tested for, to give some sort of answers for my RPL. 

What is going well for you this week? 8 days of teaching left.  I am out on Thursday, to go Christmas shopping with DH.  I need some us time with him.  This month has been shitty. 

R/R? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope.  Just waiting for my results to come back. 

**TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @littlebug2010 I'm sorry this week has been shitty. I feel you on being in a crap place. I hope your results come back soon <3
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • 4 losses, 2 in college, 2 this year. (Jan and Oct)

How are things going? DH got the all clear from his doctor, so we are off the bench! Of course I O'd the day before he got the ok. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? My brother got married this weekend and I am just dragging after it. The good news was my dress fit after the loss in Oct, emotional eating, then... Thanksgiving. One of the other bridesmaids dress did... not... fit. But it's just been emotionally exhausting. 

What is going well for you this week?  We got our pellets delivered today! The guy was able to push one ton completely in the shed, so we don't have to do anything, and I have friends coming tomorrow to help us load the second ton on our front porch. 

R/R? We are loosing our health insurance, so we need to go on mine - which is expensive and crappy. But - I've heard rumors that the company hubs is moving to has fertility treatment coverage, and will pay 100% of adoption costs if it comes to that.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I need to get on calling my dr about RPL. I keep hoping I will just magically get a BFP and not have to worry about it. 

So my brother is an English major. He writes the grocery list for his new wife in puns and/ or phonetically. 
    but-ah
    world Peas
    I just picture her going through the store every time like "what the hell does he want?"

• Introduce yourself: Early MC at 7 weeks Nov, 2019

How are things going? Ok I guess. Been super busy with work and Christmas shopping. Almost all done. Just a few more things for family to get. 

What is is something you are struggling with this week? Still same thing as last week. My hormones. I haven’t been as emotional this week and definitely a lot less tears which is good. Just still frustrated at my HCG levels. GOD this is taking forever! I swear its going down slower and slower every week. I want to rip my hair out. The only thing I want this Christmas is for my period to come 😆 I would be sooo happy. 

What is is going well for you this week? Well we got our live Christmas tree yesterday so that was fun cutting it down and setting it up and decorating it. Omg smells so good in the house :) 

R/R? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Had my weekly HCG blood test done today. Still in my system. was 230 last week. Today it was only 109 ugh. 😫 Why is it going down so slowly? will it ever go to zero?

GTKY: share your punniest meme, gif, t-shirt etc..

• Had a miscarriage earlier this year which was incredible difficult.  I'm a type 1 diabetic with hashimotos and ulcerative colitis.  Neither caused my miscarriage and I'm pretty stable with everything.  My blood sugar gets a little out of hand sometimes but my A1C was 6.3 the last time it was checked which is really good for me.

How are things going? Okay I guess.  Just doing the TWW which is taking forever

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Had a pregnancy announcement on my Facebook this week from a close friend.  I'm happy for her but jealous at the same time.

What is going well for you this week? I'm officially done Christmas shopping and wrapping so that eliminates a lot of stress.  We have our first party this weekend which should be fun.

R/R? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I test next week.

GTKY: Share your punniest meme, gif, T-shirt, etc.  Having a dispute with the neighbor behind me involving their lime tree.  Told my husband it's putting a sour taste in my mouth.  I laughed...he rolled his eyes.  It was a good time.

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

NMC 7-8 weeks 1/17, BO at 7 weeks 6/19, CP at 5 weeks 8/19

How are things going? My temp is staying up so I’m reading into that... not ready to give up, but I’m also tired of all of the blood draws and doc visits. Really hoping to be able to avoid more pills and injections. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? The weather is so depressing. It also makes my already long commute longer. 

What is going well for you this week? It’s going fast. 

R/R? I can’t wait until the winter solstice so we can start gaining minutes of daylight again. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Beta next week

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2019
    @ayycatie Glad your A1C is under control. Do you take Metformin?
    @mindyb2019 I’m sorry your HCG is taking so long to drop. My hair falls out a lot when mine drops. I swear my pony tail is 1/3 the thickness it used to be. 
    @the_road_to_oz I really hope your new insurance covers what you need. I think about 90% of people who like puns are teachers. lol 
    @littlebug2010 Hope these weeks go fast for you! We have 13 days to go!!!

• @NYTino24 No.  I'm a type 1 diabetic which is an autoimmune disease resulting in my pancreas not producing any insulin.  I wear an insulin pump and a CGM (continuous glucose monitor) which checks my blood sugar every 5 minutes or so and sends it via bluetooth to my pump.  Technology is awesome.  I used to give myself 4 shots a day and now I just have to change my pump site every 3 to 4 days.
  • @NYTino24 thanks. omg your hair falls out? Whoa. That’s crazy, sorry that happens. That’s no good. I have to agree with you too. I’m also tired of all the blood draws. Hang in there. I can’t wait till the winter solstice too. More Daylight is always good 😁
  • @mindyb2019 Mine falls out as well.  @NYTino24 This year has been hell for my hair. I already had thin hair, and now its horrible.  My bald spot from my son is back, and its getting worse.  Its my least favorite symptom. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MC at 7 weeks in 1/19 & at 5 weeks (CP) in 8/19 

How are things going? Not great. Got a BFN over the weekend and then AF showed yesterday morning. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? The fact that we are going to go through Christmas (and my original BFP date) knowing that this cycle was a bust! MH and I were both so hopeful this last cycle...but we just have to move forward and hope for the best this cycle! Although I’m going to try my hardest not to get my hopes up and just let it be, whatever the outcome is! 

What is going well for you this week? I have gotten about as close as possible to getting rid of social media...deleted everything except FB and only kept family & very close friends on there! Hoping it will help with avoiding triggers...and also not be as much of a time-waster!

R/R? I love Christmas...but I feel like there is a black cloud hanging over it this year! I will try my best to be joyful though! Since our families knows nothing about our journey, I feel like we have to be!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? None.

@flinstone-2 ugh, milestones are so hard! Sending positive vibes your way! Glad you are almost finished with Christmas gifts...I really need to get on that!

@littlebug2010 I’m so sorry for everything you have been through...this all sucks so bad! I hope you enjoy your day off with YH on Thursday!! 

@the_road_to_oz yay for YH getting the all clear...that definitely stinks it was the day after O! Hopefully you got in one time though! I hope YH’s new insurance covers fertility treatment (and adoption if you go that route). That’s so funny your brother writes the grocery list like that! 

@mindyb2019 great job on almost having your Christmas shopping complete, and on decorating your tree! Sorry your HCG still isn’t to zero, but it sounds like it’s making good progress! Hopefully it’ll be to zero very soon! 

@ayycatie so sorry for your loss! That’s good your health conditions are well controlled! Enjoy your Christmas party this weekend! Man, all of you with your Christmas shopping complete are making me feel bad! Haha. 

@NYTino24 I’m so hopeful this is your cycle!! Everything crossed for you!! Yes, I can’t wait for the days to get longer either...I hate that it’s dark shortly after we get home from work! 

• @NYTino24 he used to be a teacher, lol. He worked in the inner city though and I think it burned him out 

• @bluetickgal thanks I hope so too. 🤞 sorry that AF showed up yesterday morning. 🙁 I feel the same way as you do about Christmas this year. Just a big black cloud. Our families know nothing either. I hope you manage to find some joy over the holiday season. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Early miscarriage at 5 week December '18, CP July '19

How are things going? It goes back and forth. I got my u/s results in the portal yesterday and I had 2 good follicles at the time of the trigger shot. Crossing everything that we had good timing. Of course now is the point where I panic at every little twinge I feel, thinking it's a sign AF is around the corner. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? The first anniversary of our first loss is next week and I am having a tough time accepting that it's been a year and we're still waiting for our rainbow. We also have no answers as to why I lost both babies or why we're having trouble getting pregnant. My 38th birthday is in less than 2 weeks and I definitely feel like this is just never going to happen for us. The unfairness of it all is making me bitter. I feel like I am being punished. I know that is ridiculous, but I can't help but feel that way sometimes.

What is going well for you this week? The fact that I have shared with family about our losses is making me dread Christmas a little less. I know they will be sensitive and not make comments. I'm chipping away at Christmas shopping, too. I wish DH would be more helpful, I don't like that all the gift-choosing falls on me. 

R/R? My SIL called me last week to see how we are doing. I was very surprised because we aren't close. But it was nice to know that she cares and understands. On the flip side, lots of my students have colds and I do NOT want to have to sit out the holidays.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope. If I make it to the middle of next week without CD1, I'll call and schedule my betas. 

• @flinstone-2 hugs to you. I feel you on the loss of time. It's been almost 18 months since we started ttc and I am still here. 💚 Good luck with your karyotyping. 

@littlebug2010 hugs to you, as well. It's so frustrating to go through RPL testing. On the one hand, you want answers but it's also scary to think that there could be something wrong that can't be fixed. Hope those teaching days go by fast! I am right there in the teaching trenches with you. 💚

@the_road_to_oz I hope those rumors about better health insurance are true. We would not be able to go through any IF treatment if it weren't for DH's insurance. 

@mindyb2019 I am so sorry for the frustration with your HCG levels. I hope you get what you want for Christmas (weird to be wishing for AF, huh?). 

@ayycatie way to go on the Christmas shopping! 

@NYTino24 FX so hard that your high temps are a good sign!! Mine have been stuck at 97.73 for 3 days. WTF is that about? LoL

@bluetickgal good call on getting rid of a lot of social media. I hope that gives you the peace you need. 💚
  • @emeraldduchess my good backlit thermometer crapped out a few days ago and I’m back to my older one... temp went back up. I really hope good things for you and can relate to everything you said with a slight adjustment on numbers. The third anniversary of my first loss is the first week of January. That was way harder in some ways than the two losses this year, but also not since now we’ve had 3 total and I don’t think they were just flukes.
    @bluetickgal I feel you. I’ve unfollowed so many people and hidden so many posts lately. Do what you need to do to stay sane.

• @emeraldduchess Thanks. Ya it is weird to be wishing for AF. It goes against everything you normally want/don’t want 😆 I’m sorry your having a tough time and are feeling bitter with the amount of time that has passed for trying for your rainbow. Anniversary dates are tough with those things. Sending you hugs* ❤️ Hang in there girl. 
  • @mindyb2019 thanks lady!! I hope it’s not as bad as we are both anticipating! Sending hugs your way! 💜 I hope you are able to find some joy as well! 
    @emeraldduchess I’m so sorry your loss anniversary is coming up! This is all so unfair!! DH and I talked about that this weekend...how do some people get KU by accident and we have been trying for over a year and a half...have had 2 losses, and are nowhere closer to our THB than we were when we started?! I don’t think you (or any of us) are being punished...but I totally get feeling that way!! I am hoping with everything in me that you get amazing news from this cycle (yay for those 2 follies) and get to go into year 38 knowing your rainbow is coming!! 🌈 Thanks, the social media scale back has been so good for me already! 
    @NYTino24 thanks! I started with unfollowing too...and then went a bit more extreme! Some people may not understand it...but like you said, we have to do what’s best for us! 
  • mindyb2019 I hope I'm remembering correctly, in that you were asking about hcg levels. I got my beta back finally, two days after AF had stopped so CD 7 and it was 5 which to my OB means "negative". It dropped from 27 to 5 in 3 weeks (but who knows how long it had been at 5 since I didn't make it at 2 weeks because of the holiday). 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 yes it was me, you remembered correctly. Oh good I’m glad you finally got your beta back. Well that’s awesome it’s at 5 and it’s negative. I had mine done on Monday and still at 109 😖. Im hoping it will go down quickly over the next couple of weeks. FX. Wow from 27 to 5 in 3 weeks. That seems slow. I’m sorry. I’m still waiting to even get AF. 
  • @emeraldduchess Im sorry your loss anniversary is coming up. I am facing the same thing, and I might be facing it 3 times.  My EDDs were 1/24, and 3/3, and my first loss EDD was 2/6. I am thinking might get a loss tattoo on the 24th.  My birthday is the 26th, so I am thinking it will be my birthday present.  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @mindyb2019 it did seem slow, but the fact that i ovulated made time go by more quickly. If nothing was happening I'd probably really feel like paint was drying. I think it does tend to slow down the closer to zero you get. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 I do feel like paint is drying right now lol, it’s like Tick...Tock.. tick... Tock. I’m not sure if I have even ovulated yet to be honest. That would help at this point. Anything would help 🥴 
  • edited December 2019

I just suffered a loss this evening so I'm sorry if this whole thing seems ranty and dramatic..

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CPs in October and just now

How are things going? Pretty badly. I got a BFP a few days ago, and disappeared from this board, but was too scared to join the Aug BMB. Probably the right move since now I'm out. I'm so mad at myself because I was refusing to let myself get excited but for whatever reason today I started feeling hopeful. I convinced myself I was nauseated this morning and my boobs were sore and since tomorrow was CD 35 I was going to test again and see a blazing BFP... then I went to the bathroom and blood. I just don't know what to do with myself.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? loss.

What is going well for you this week? I guess I can drink at the holiday parties now...not really much comfort

R/R? I work in the medical field and there are constantly people around me who accidentally got pregnant despite doing all the "bad for fertility" things, and here I am white knuckling it through no coffee and I can't make a baby stick  ETA: this sounds super bratty and I’m sorry I wrote it  plenty of people are doing far more than me to have a child, it just hurts so badly to see pregnant women when I’m having a loss...

Any testing coming up/any recent results? The first CP I didn't go in to see the OB because it was so early, they just said let it pass. But I'm going to call Monday and make an appointment to discuss how to go forward...

• edited December 2019

Sorry, posted in the wrong spot. *Edited to put in spoiler to remove without doing the dirty deleting thing*. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.Hello. First time posting. Been trying to lurk for a bit, hopefully I get this all right. I’ve tried out a few forums on different sites but had to quit with the constant flooding of bfp posts. I was happy to see the rules here against those. We are ttc#2. Waited quite a long time between first and trying this time for job related reasons.Status: Somewhere between WTO/TWW on cycle 8, CD14. My cycles are irregular. Started temping last month to try to help time things better. Based on temp I may have ovulated already but based on previous AFs my apps say that’s next week. How are things going? meh. My body seems to hate me. Came down with a cold yet again. Feels like I’ve been sick a lot the last month of so. My immune system can’t recover enough before I’m exposed to yet another cold. What is something that you are struggling with this week? Thinking about upcoming holiday gatherings and all the excitement around my SIL who is expecting because of course that had to happen the same year we’re finally ready to try again. What is going well for you this week? Work is good, I love my job. Trying to wrap things up for the year and prepping for our holiday shut down. 

R/R? Ditto on waiting for winter solstice. This waking up in darkness and driving home from work in darkness is not helping my mood. 
    Any testing coming up/any recent results? None

• bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited December 2019
    @notagoodpatient I’m so sorry you are suffering another loss!! Sending so many hugs your way!! 💜 Take it easy this weekend! I know you said YH would be traveling after last week...I hope you are doing ok handling this alone!
    @keeponknittingon welcome! This thread is for ladies who are Trying to Conceive After Loss (TTCAL). I’m so sorry if you have suffered a loss and just didn’t put it in your post! If you are trying to intro to the forum in general, please consider posting an intro in the Newbies Intro w/o 12.09 thread: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12749312/newbie-intros-w-o-12-9#latest  You may want to get involved in the dailies as well...we have a WTO and TWW daily thread (only one on the weekend for both days though). It’s a little quiet here on the weekends, but things pick up during the week. *TW - You may also want to join the Trying for a Sibling (TFAS) thread...that is the only thread where you can openly discuss living children. We ask that you use a Trigger Warning (TW) anywhere else and possibly put in a spoiler. - End TW* I hope your stay here is short & sweet! 

*Edited to add more info*
  • @bluetickgal
    Thank you. I'm having a pretty rough time, and DH is still away and actually unreachable at the moment so he doesn't know. I had a good cry on the phone with a friend which was nice, but it's going to be a long week alone until I go home for the holidays. I'm trying to get something set up for early January when I return since the fancy insurance I selected before my first loss will mean if there are any tests to run, they should be covered. Plus anything I have control over right now feels better than all the stuff I don't...
  • @bluetickgal thanks for the info and pointing me in the right direction! So sorry, I misinterpreted what TTCAL meant. I should have looked that one up. Coming from online knitting communities where KAL would mean knit-a-long. So many new terms to learn. Sorry everyone for your losses, hope good news comes your way soon. 
  • @notagoodpatient oh no! Aww I’m soo sorry you are suffering another loss and going through this. I am sending you sooo much love and hugs ❤️❤️ Make sure to relax this weekend and take care of yourself. I hope your able to talk to your OB on Monday and get in. 
  • @notagoodpatient I’m so sorry you are having to deal with this without YH! I’m glad you were at least able to talk/cry with a friend! I hope you can get an appt soon and get some clarity! I totally get the wanting to control what you can, because there is so much that is out of our control!! This is all so unfair!
    @keeponknittingon you’re welcome. All the acronyms can be quite confusing...it takes a while to get the hang of all of them. Thank you, best of luck to you! 
  • @notagoodpatient I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this. It sucks. It mega sucks.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.   4 losses, CP 2/19, MC 5/19, MC 8/19, EP 11/19

How are things going? Bleh. I hate that we are benched until April. MH wants to wait until then because he has some big work stuff at the end of March and wants to be available for me in case something goes bad again, which I appreciate and completely understand... But it still sucks. I'm pissed that our 2nd due date is on Christmas Eve and I literally have LESS than what I started this TTC journey with a year ago. Now that I've only got 1 tube, our chances go down by 50%. I'm mad and confused and... Ugh. I'm sorry for this rant. Im just so tired of it all.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? My brother is living with us while he works on getting a job (just moved here from out of state, not a lazy bum), which has really complicated the whole DTD thing. It's caused MH and I to argue because I'm uncomfortable DTD when my brother is around (our place is not that big and the walls are thin), without properly planning and timing it. MH was offended when I rejected his spur of the moment proposition last night and I feel like a jerk but I also felt so uncomfortable knowing my brother was in the other room waiting for me to come back because we made plans to play a game together. I just... UGH!

What is going well for you this week? I had 5-6 students absent this week due to vacations or illnesses and it was delightfully quiet in my classroom.

R/R? I've ranted enough. Now I need to simmer down. I just need to rave about you ladies. You're all amazing and such a great support. I was planning to wait to come back until April but I found myself constantly on here keeping up on your journeys and realized I still want to be a part of this community even if we're benched. Thanks for being so wonderful.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Got an endometriosis diagnosis. Started BC to help minimize scarring.

GTKY: Share your punniest meme, gif, T-shirt, etc.  I still can't figure out how to add GIFs on mobile...

• @mama_mea girl I’m so sorry your going through all this and are feeling bleh, mad, frustrated, confused etc about everything and being benched till April. Your dealing with a full plate. ❤️ Hugs. Also, sorry that your brother is living with you and causing you and YH to argue. I’m sure that doesn’t help right now with everything. I hope your bro finds a job quickly so he won’t have to live there for too long. FX maybe you and YH can plan some kind of romantic night away or something to have some time alone? That’s tough that your 2nd due date is on Christmas Eve. I’m sorry 😔 I hope you can find some joy over this time of year. Hang in there. 
  • @mama_mea I’m so sorry you are approaching your second empty due date! Sending so many hugs your way! 💜 I’m so sorry you are benched until April...and you have the added stress of your brother staying with you! I hope time passes quickly to April and that your brother’s stay is short! I hope you and YH can get some time alone together here soon!
  • Thanks so much @mindyb2019

@mama_mea I am so sorry for you approaching empty due date and the awkwardness of having your brother around. I empathize so much with not wanting to be benched but also wanting to assure support in case of loss. I don’t think I fully processed how much worse it would be to go through alone. 
  • For those of you who have been on progesterone supplementation, did you get your progesterone level checked (and if so when? During a PG or non-PG cycle?) and get prescribed supps because levels were low? Or was it more of a let’s try this due to a history of losses? 

It’s looking like I’m not going to get into see someone any time soon because of the holiday backup.  And after an ill advised Google session, I’m starting to panic about how many cycles I’m going to miss while waiting for an appointment and then if I can’t get tests done until a certain part of my cycle and then waiting for results and for the next cycle to do anything about it...
  • @mama_mea @notagoodpatient I am so very sorry for your losses. <3 
  • @notagoodpatient - you should get your progesterone level checked in the 2nd half of your cycle, aka after you ovulate. I have heard Day 20 is ideal for a standard 28 day cycle, where I believe it should be at least 7-10 ng/ml. During the follicular stage, progesterone levels are very low (<1). 
    It's a pretty simple blood test, and some local testing clinics will just let you come in and pay for the test out of pocket without a prescription.
    I've never paid for it out of pocket but I believe it's a reasonable price. You might want to check into it just for a baseline and sake of sanity check- I'm not a doctor obviously so take my words at your own risk 🙂 good luck ♡