Options

WTF Wednseday - 12/11

What's making you say, "WTF?" today?

Re: WTF Wednseday - 12/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @b_1029 that is SOOOO annoying. I probably would have been yelling 😬😬
  • Options
    I actually didn't have a wtf when I started this thread, but I do now. I just got an email from one of the daycares I called last week "confirming our tour tonight at 5:00." Uhh, no. That tour is TOMORROW. I'm 100% certain we agreed on Thursday, 12/12. I put it in my calendar immediately, and I never would have scheduled a Wednesday tour because I teach Pure Barre every Wednesday evening. Automatic red X against you now before I've even seen your facility.

@footdrbritt that is soooo not cool. Did your boss take the complaint seriously or did they back you up?

@b_1029 omg no. I have terrible backing into parking space skills, which is why I never do it, and that person clearly shouldn't either!
  • Options
    @footdrbritt wtf?! Did your boss side with you on that?

@b_1029 I haaaaate backer inners. You aren't the police. You don't need to jump in and race off. Just pull into your damn spot like a normal person and stop making everyone else wait! 

@stlbuckeye132 that's so annoying! But don't write them off. This is probably the last time you'll have to schedule anything with them lol
  • Options
    @blaf322 hahaha MH backs into spaces a lot. Apparently he always backs into spaces when picking up DD from daycare (I learned this last night) and told me he normally gets a funny look from someone at least once/week. His justification was that he'd rather back into a space and not run over a kid when he's backing out to leave. Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. It only ever takes him one try so I guess I'll allow it. :lol:
  • Options
    My husband HAS to back into spaces because ‘combat parking’ I just roll my eyes and let it go. 

Well I looked at my schedule for the last year, wrote it all down and made an angry email. So hopefully that’s the end of that. It would have taken no time to look into it and see I’m right...but I also know this is because I’m the nice doctor that looks 12 years old. They would never do this to our male
    docs (who do the same clinic, and haven’t gone in months for the same reasons)

also then had a BP check with my OB...that went well. 🙃
  • Options
    @blaf322 @stlbuckeye132 my grandmother called that Parking Like A Gypsy, and it infuriated her. As long as someone is skilled at the maneuver, I don’t care. But the folks doing 40 point K turns? Nope. 🤪
  • Options
    @b_1029 I loathe backend parkers

My WTF moment of the day is that my 2nd busiest project of the year is now and my supervisor specifically asked me to ask for help...which I've done all day to my coworkers (team of 6 of us total)...and have gotten almost no help, minus our CEO helping me with some documents for 20 minutes which was actually pretty critical (my supervisor would be helping but she's with a funder in NYC). This includes my coworker who I don't love who apparently "wants to help me" (his job is the more logistics stuff while mine is programming but I also am generally the final say in logistics/it's his job to implement them) and he has yet to help. In his defense he's at a meeting until 3 and said he'd help me then (to be determined if it happens...) but I've been here since 9:30am and have said "I'd appreciate help" to everyone with little to show.
  • Options
    @b_1029
    I can't back in to spaces, and certainly don't try when other people are around.  There are very few occasions where that is necessary! 

My WTF today...I live in Central Virginia.  We get snow every year, but CANNOT deal with it.  We had the lightest of dustings this morning and we were on a 2 hour delay for school.  Like...it didn't even stick to my deck.  The only place I saw it was on my roof.  I completely get why they are cautious and everything, but I feel like my county takes it to the extreme.  When it's really coming down, yeah, I don't want to be out on the roads because I don't trust other people driving around me and they don't treat them all that great.  But when 2 flakes fall out of the sky, they freak out and cancel.  Don't get me wrong, I love m some days off, but I am also trying to accomplish some things at school in my classroom and it is so frustrating when they are interrupted and it's not necessary.  Things only get worse from here.  We also delay when it's too cold (like...less than 20).  People in the north...feel free to make fun of us.  
  • Options
    @JessDG only because you said to.. :D lol. I'm in northern Ontario and so I just had to do some Fahrenheit to Celsius google conversions.. but even when it's like -30 C (-22 F) here the show goes on.
    They don't delay the school days here though they just cancel the buses, teachers are expected to show up and parents can still bring their kids to school. 
  • Options
    @JessDG I used to be ruthless in mocking southern places and their inability to handle snow. Then, I lived in Nashville for a few years, and what I realized is 1. The city/state has limited/no snow infrastructure, resources, or plans; and 2. People don't know how to drive in it, which is really dangerous. I think those two things are super critical to being able to work and go to school and such through bad weather. Boston spends a ton of money each year on snow management! It isn't perfect but it makes a difference and makes life possible. The T, however, can barely handle a windy day sometimes, so the road and public transit are different stories....
  • Options
    @JessDG I live in Minneapolis now (presently 3 degrees) but grew up in Arkansas/Missouri and moved here from New Orleans. I don’t give Southerners crap for not handling snow well, they have no reason to spend the $$$$$ northern states do for winter weather infrastructure. But I do give Minnesotans crap every summer when they call their summers humid. Ha! 
  • Options
    @mehugg what you say makes total sense. I've always lived in the "north'. Everyone up in these parts has winter tires, I've even had studded tires. We're definitely better equipped to deal.
  • Options
    My wtf is my body and first tri. I started unisom and b6 this week, leaving me to only vomit when I brush my teeth- which was a major improvement. But a lew minutes ago I went to use the bathroom then was so sick I peed my pants while hanging over the toilet. 🙄 I literally flushed and then turned around and got sick. Where was all that extra urine hiding?? 
  • Options
    @modoodles Oh no!! I hope you were able to get a quick change in!
    I also have mysteriously high volumes of urine. I pee, get my 17m old downstairs into his stroller, and have to pee again <5 min later. Brutal.
  • Options
    @modoodles & @pretzellover I seem unable to pee completely creating a boomerang effect to go back in 5 minutes.  Guess I'm glad to have some company. ;)
  • Options
    @pretzellover thankfully I do in-home daycare, so I could change immediately! 

@bluguitarhannah the best "worst club ever!" 🤪
  • Options
    Medical one on of my yards suddenly deciding that all of their diabetics who are noncompliant with their diabetic diets need a mental health referral so that I can utilize my PhD to have the "do you want to die?" lecture that any of the 20+ LVNs could give instead of having actual therapy sessions with my actual caseload, most of who are seriously struggling with being incarcerated during the holidays.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @mehugg the big issue for the south is that we don't get snow, we get ice. It's just different. So northerners judge us... but driving on ice is not the same as driving on snow.... Also, we overreact a little :D and, to your point, just don't have the infrastructure to handle winter weather. Even our main roads take forever to get cleared. 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt I don't know how you controlled your rage. I would have been on a rampage. I'm glad you sent your boss your schedule in an email. I totally agree with you about the reasoning is well which makes me sad. It is almost 2020. When will people grow up?
  • Options
    @blaf322 yeah I’m in Oregon, and in my area we’re notorious for freaking out with any snow and instantly getting in one million accidents... but for us, when it snows, it’s typically right around 32 degrees. So it snows, melts, freezes, snows again, repeat... until you have layers of ice underneath the snow and it’s sooo slippery and dangerous. And we don’t know how to drive in snow to start + no infrastructure. I have a strict “don’t go anywhere” policy when it’s snowing!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 yep... same thing happens here.