April 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight - Blankets

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Blankets!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

STMs....
Brand or type of blanket you like?

FTMs...
Any blankets you're looking at or have questions about?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Health and Safety

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight - Blankets

• Since you're not supposed to use blankets in the crib when they're young, I'm not too picky about blankets at a young age. I like receiving blankets to use in the stroller. Around the house, I like using a soft plush blanket on the ground for when we do tummy time. 
    For the crib, I like sleep sacks and swaddles. For sleep sacks, I'm a fan of the Halo or Carter's ones. For swaddles, i like the SwaddleMe brand and Carter's has similar ones as well. I wouldn't get too many swaddles as my child didn't like being swaddled for long.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’m the opposite on swaddles as @Kathryn0903. DS loved them. We used them for naps and every night until he was rolling over back to belly. Felt like we never had enough of them. We’d go through 2 or 3 a day with diapers leaking, etc. Probably depends on the baby though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I liked having a lot of muslin swaddles for various things, didn't use many cotton blankets and we're in a cold climate so plush/thick blankets were a must with DD for stroller/carseat. For sleep, we used SwaddleMe in the beginning and Halo sleep sacks until 18m. I like the Merlin suit to transition from swaddles to sleep sacks. This time around I've also bought large soft swaddle blankets from Copper Pearl and plan to get a few sleep sacks from Kyte.

Once DD was 18m she started sleeping with her muslin quilt from Little Unicorn. This is one of my favorite blankets we own and I plan to get another one for baby boy. She still sleeps with it now.