Group 2 Check In (May 9-16) Week of 12/9

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat?

Re: Group 2 Check In (May 9-16) Week of 12/9

• @ruby696 That sounds like such a special way to share the sexes with the kiddos!

EDD/weeks+days: May 14 / 17+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out NEXT WEEK!!!

Baby is the size of a(n): Pop Tart

Upcoming appointments: December 19 for the anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Great! I do have a hard time with going up and down stairs. I get short of breath and my legs get tired. Some nights I sleep fine, others I do not. Not sure if that is more just because I am a light sleeper. New symptom is hunger. My appetite has gone up so much this week.

Raves/Rants: This week is going by so slow, I wish it was the weekend already! Saturday I have our annual girls shopping trip with my mom, aunts and cousins. We go to the little boutique shops and usually hit up a wine shop for wine and cheese samples. It is just a fun day overall. Our house is finally starting to get picked up, organized and cleaned and DH is actually home every night this week to help. We have such a long to do list still though.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Probably the classic cut out sugar cookies. My aunt makes this chocolate cream cheese bundt cake that is amazing!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 15/17+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Chipmunk

Upcoming appointments: Weekly shots, 20-wk ultrasound on Dec 30, next midwife appt on Jan 8 (delayed because of the holidays)

How are you feeling? I'm so over the instant motion sickness when I drive home every night. I have always gotten motion sick easily, but this is daily and constant and annoying.

Raves/Rants: I FINALLY had my first progesterone shot yesterday. Damn, it hurt - it's thick so they have to inject slowly, 30 seconds to a minute, in the ass. The pain wore off after 20 minutes or so, but soreness settled in last night and has been an issue today. I'm going to be so glad to be done with these at 36 weeks!

Questions: None.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Latkes with sour cream and lox 
  • @ruby696 Aw glad you guys had a good little family reveal. 

EDD/weeks+days: 5/14, 17+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Large order of McDonald's fries

Upcoming appointments: AS 12/24

How are you feeling? Some headaches but otherwise pretty good! I also have an irritable uterus so Braxton Hicks depending on the day. 

Raves/Rants: Yesterday was a bad day. I got home from work and just sobbed for like 20 minutes. Hormones probably had something to do with it. Today is MUCH better so far :)

Questions: Does anyone have experience using a birth center vs. a hospital? I would love to hear your experience if so.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Maybe peppermint ice cream, not sure.
  • @m6agua I'm so excited that you're finding out the sex next week! Eeek!!

@lajoliedreamer Eww, yeah progesterone is not fun. My were progesterone in ethyl oleate, which were much thinner. Any chance your doctor could prescribe those? 

@rachelg777 I've never used a birth center, but I've had friends who loved their experience. Then again, I've seen a case in the bay area where the baby died because the birth center kept the mom for two long. So I think birth centers are fine, assuming everything goes as it should.

@peachnectarine Good luck at your anatomy scans. Hopefully there's only one in there, but we have lots of twin moms on this board, so you'll fit right in with two. 😂😬

• @m6agua I agree, I've thought it was Wednesday all day today. Next week-yay!!

@lajoliedreamer I'm sorry that is rough!

@peachnectarine Good luck with your scan next week!

@ruby696 Yeah, I've done a lot of research about it but don't know anyone personally who has used one or who has used the specific birth center I'm possibly interested in. I did talk to the midwife and founder of the center today and it sounds like they are on the more conservative side of this type of culture. They do not do breech deliveries (nor would I want one), you have to go to the hospital if you have not delivered within 24 hours of your water breaking, etc. I have a consultation/tour on Thursday this week and will definitely have a lot of questions. But, she did tell me she has never had a mother or baby die during delivery. I need to ask if there have been any after transfer to the hospital. MH is pretty anti this idea but is willing to check it out with me. Since I'm a nurse he usually defers healthcare decisions to me but of course he is worried about emergency options if something goes wrong.
  • @rachelg777 I would also figure out how close the hospital is by ambulance and whether they have an US and heart rate monitors for baby. I like the idea of a more natural environment, but since I've had a c-section, it's not an option for me.
  • @ruby696 it’s 1.2 miles, no stoplights. 😃 equipment is on my list to ask. 
  • @ruby696 hope your appt goes well Friday!

@m6agua what a fun tradition! It's felt like a slow week for me too and I don't even have anything to look forward to this weekend 😂

@lajoliedreamer that does not sound great at all, sorry you have to deal with those.

@rachelg777 glad you are having a better day today!!

@peachnectarine I've been having the aches on and off too. Hope your scan goes well next week!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 15/17+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out on 12/27!

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: just had a check-in today and scheduled anatomy scan for 12/27

How are you feeling? pretty good! no complaints minus some aches here and there. sleeping has been a little harder, but I don't know if that's me or if MH is sleeping more wild.

Raves/Rants: I talked about this in the appt thread but I love my OB. We get along great and she's very no-nonsense which is perfect for me and MH. We still don't know if we'll be moving before baby is here but after my appt today I started thinking how sad I'll be to have to find someone else and establish the relationship all over again.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? I feel like I just keep talking about cookies but it's really my favorite part of the season.
    FTM
  • EDD/weeks+days: 17+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  PINK

Baby is the size of a(n): Creme Brulee ;-) 

Upcoming appointments: 12/18 w OB

How are you feeling?  Great! Excited to feel some kicks...none yet. :neutral:

Raves/Rants: Wish ppl appreciated how hard it is to work without coffee haha

Questions: Should I enroll in a birthing class, and if so, which one? I am interested in "natural" birth and want to be well-equipped.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Chocolate chip cookies w walnuts
    Me 35, DH 43
    AMH 1.1, unexplained infertility
    TI w ovulation kits- April 2018 to August 2018 = BFNs
    IUI +Clomid - September 2018 to December 2018 = BFNs
    IVF #1 Feb 2019 (Menopur, GonalF, cetrotide, w Lupron + hCG triggers) = ER: 5 eggs fert w ICSI -> 3AA, 3AB, 4BB-, 2 arrested.
    IVF #2 Mar 2019 (Menopur, GonalF, cetrotide, mini Lupron flare; cancelled, not enough follicles remained. Started w 17, 2 at the end.)
    PGS June - all 3 embryos normal! (#Miracles) - XX: 3AA, 4BB-, XY: 3AB
    FET #1 8/26/2019 - 3AA XX embryo (frozen, 5 day embryo)
    hCG 9/4....BFP! Due 5/13/2020
  • @minie16 welcome! it's SO hard to work without coffee! I'm letting myself have a small cup on the weekends but not during the week and it is definitely a struggle. 
    FTM
  • @rachelg777 Sorry to hear you had a rough Monday. How is the gentleman you work for doing? I remember you mentioned last week that he was sick.
  • rachelg777rachelg777 member
    edited December 2019
    @sunshinesea22 thanks for asking! He’s actually doing really well at the moment. I swear he has 9 lives. TMI *He had a GI bleed and was having frequent melena and it resolved on its own (we won’t bring him to the hospital anymore at his age). Like whaaaat!? 

@minie16 I would recommend a birthing class, especially if you are interested in an unmedicated birth. As far as which one I guess it just depends on what is available in your area... Your OB/hospital offers one I’m sure and they will likely talk about positions/techniques/ etc if you are interested in a natural birth but how much emphasis and valuable information probably varies greatly... sorry that’s not much mode help 😊. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 11th/18+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke or a Sweet Potato

Upcoming appointments: Dec 16th is the our anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Pretty good! I'm pretty sure I'm picking up some movement now. 

Raves/Rants: We're supposed to be moving this week and we don't have ducks or a row to put them in right now. We've all been sick, the apartment folks keep wanting all this extra information, and I'm starting to worry it might all have to be put off until the first of year. I'd started to get my hopes up we could pull this off this weekend, but now I'm not confident it's going to happen. If it does, it's going to be so wildly disorganized. Blah.

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? White chocolate dipped oreos. Chocolate dipped anything though this time of year makes it feel like Christmas to me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista I'm sorry you're all sick and your moving plans aren't going well, but for the sake of your sanity, get out if you can! Even if it's disorganized, you'll be so happy celebrating the holidays away from your in laws.

• EDD/weeks+days: May 9. 18+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: AS Dec 23rd. midwife Dec 31

How are you feeling?Mmm, ok’ish. My bladder is weird. I’ve had issues before pregnancy and this seems to have exacerbated things. It’s like I don’t feel the urge as much and I just get uncomfortable. And cystitis type symptoms. I’ve checked my urine at work, it’s fine. But I’ll mention it to my midwife 

Raves/Rants: I had thought I was feeling babe before, but maybe I was wrong. I’ve been sooo gassy lately I really don’t know if it was baby or that lol It’ll be nice once it’s more consistent and noticeable so I know everything is ok in there. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? All of them lol 
  • Okay, trying to catch up on my responses here, sorry if I miss anyone!

@ruby696 so cute that you did a gender reveal just for your LOs. I'm sure they loved it!
    Also, I'm getting the hydroxyprosterone caproate shots and hadn't even been given the option of the one you mentioned. I'll bring it up to my midwife at my next appt.

@m6agua I hope your week is speeding up, sounds like a great weekend planned!

@rachelg777 I considered a birth center for DD, but because my sister had an issue with her pelvis not moving enough resulting in a c-section, I decided to stick with a hospital birth (a problem I didn't end up having). I've known a few people that have had wonderful experiences with birth centers/home births so it's worth looking into if it appeals to you!

@peachnectarine I hope time flies and you have a reassuring ultrasound, no matter how many babies it shows!  ;)

@minie16 I would definitely enroll in a birthing class. I did the Bradley Method when pg with DD and felt completely prepared for my unmedicated birth. It's a 12-week commitment, but one I highly recommend. You can see if there is anyone local to you doing it here: https://www.bradleybirth.com/

@Austenista I hope you find the energy to push through and move this weekend! I know you're beyond ready mentally to have your own space.

@smashley09 If you thought you felt baby, trust your instinct and embrace that reassurance! 

• EDD/weeks+days: 17+6 May 14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Upcoming appointments: 12/16 AS, 12/26 OB

How are you feeling? Large..... started feeling little tiny baby movements 

Raves/Rants: I went in to repeat my early glucola test, got stuck 5 times and they still couldn’t draw my blood! Docs office called today and said I either had to go in a third time or test at home with a glucometer four times a day for a week straight and bring a log to my next appointment. Looks like I’m going out to buy a glucometer tonight. 

Questions: are people buying baby a Christmas gift? My sister is due in March and has presents for the baby for under the tree. My mom also bought her baby (she has a name) something and said there was something under her tree for baby “s” also (we have we no name yet). I was not planning to get anything for baby til next year. And then minimal at 7mos. 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Peanut butter pie maybe? I like all the desserts lol 
  • @JStill0603 - definitely not buying gifts for baby this year and also keeping it minimal next year. It wouldn’t even have occurred to me to do one this year!
  • @JStill0603 we're not doing gifts for the baby this Christmas. I don't really feel like it's necessary.

EDD/weeks+days: May 13/18w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out on December 27!

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on the 27th

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I have a major performance tomorrow night and a rehearsal for it tonight, so just trying to take care of myself as much as possible.

Raves/Rants: Nothing right now, just ready to be done with the semester

Questions: None

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Anything that combines peppermint and chocolate
  • @JStill0603 that stinks that they couldn't draw your blood :(  I'm not buying gifts for baby this year because it just feels a little silly to me.  Like I'm obviously buying things already for her but I'm not going to go through the effort of wrapping them just so I can unwrap them lol.  I could see my parents or MIL getting a small gift for baby which is fine, but a gift from me just feels ridiculous.  I really want a pottery barn anywhere chair for DD2 since DD1 has one, and I have nothing on my Christmas list for me yet so I've toyed with the idea of asking my parents to get that as part of my Christmas which feels a little weird, but that way I won't have to spend the money on it later so win-win?

EDD/weeks+days:May 13/ 18+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): tall, decaf, non-fat, Frappuccino with whipped cream and caramel (that feels like a very excessive comparison, but ok haha)

Upcoming appointments: AS Monday 12/16

How are you feeling? Pretty good actually and getting nervous for the AS.  I've convinced myself that I felt way more movement at this point with DD1 so obviously something MUST be wrong.  But then I'll feel a little something and tell myself I'm nuts.  Idk I'll just hopefully feel a lot better after Monday if all goes well :)

Raves/Rants: We just got back from a mini family vacation so I'm bummed to be back at work today, but at least I can catch up on TB haha

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Like others have said it's really just all the cookies.  I like the variety.  And the fudge!
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 16/ 17w 5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Upcoming appointments: May 16 AS & 17 for Midwife group care

How are you feeling? Good! I was getting head aches daily but seeing the chiropractor made them go away. I just can't lift anything heavy otherwise they come back immediately. Not sure what that's about. 🤷‍♀️

Raves/Rants: A co-worker that I don't particularly like   or talk to hugged me as a congratulations. She was standing so close to me whispering in my ear because she thought my pregnancy was a secret that she was told by HR. She cornered me in my office, I had no where to move. I really don't like to be touched by people I'm not close with. My husband finds it hilarious.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Mint chocolates, turtles, hot chocolate, just all of the chocolate. 
  • @jess09lynn I am cringing just reading that! I’m so glad that anyone who has wanted to hug me when they find out has asked first. I like my personal space!
  • @bananapanda ask for the chair! I love it. New baby will probably get one at my house next Christmas because his brothers have them. Can’t get one this year because he has no name and theirs are monogrammed. If I got it this year I would do all the “months” pics with it!