Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 12/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:  

Re: WTO Thursday 12/12

• Why have the threads been soooo quiet this week? Did everyone silently move on to another board?

Month/Cycle: 17

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: IVF - FET 

R/R: Leaving work early today to get my hair done (although I do have to come back after for a night meeting)! I've been slowly going blonde over the past year, and I haven't had my hair touched up since April (too much going on in my life to care), but my sister's wedding is less than a month away and it needs to be done. Looking forward to a little pampering, except I really hate the small talk when getting your hair done. I wish I could just pull out a book and relax lol

CS/Q: Not temping anymore
  • Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: All the usual health and charting things, and lots of testing today. MH is getting his SA (thank you to those of you who gave advice about my scheduling woes) and I have my HSG and US. I’m pretty nervous but happy we’re taking this step. 

R/R: Our Christmas tree is finally up and it’s so big and beautiful! I just want to sit by it and read all day.

CS/Q: Not much to see yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ashaislurkingashaislurking member
    edited December 2019
    Month/Cycle: 1/1
    CD: 6
    WAYDTGKU: BBT, EOD, Maybe OPKs I dunno, CM tracking, Prenatals+B6
    R/R: Holiday stress is killing me. I'm about ready to tell all of my family that I'm just saying home with MH this year and we're not doing shit. I can't stand the toxicity.
    CS/Q: Switched temp times, going to get a few more temps in at the new time before I share a new chart

@feather_heather The threads in general have gotten really quiet this week. It's weird. I hope you enjoy your hair appointment later!
    @ssbl fingers crossed all of the testing goes well!!

edited to add r/r... I'm stressed out y'all
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @feather_heather I'm just not in the right mind-set yet to jump back into the dailies :( I wish I were though...sigh maybe the holiday's coming up have something to do with it too though? People being extra busy trying to get work stuff accomplished and stuff done at home so they are ready to go... I can't believe Christmas is in less than 2 weeks.
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Sending you lots of love @kpearse99 We're here for you when you're ready to come back!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @feather_heather I noticed the threads have been quiet also. No idea why. I would say if you want to put a book on and relax just tell whoever is doing your hair that you want to do that and I bet s/he will be OK with it. At the end of the day you are paying that person for a service so if you want to relax and not make small talk that should be something your stylist can accommodate. I hope you have a nice time and get to enjoy being pampered.

@ssbl good luck with all the testing! I get being nervous. Hopefully you get some answers.

@kpearse99 I feel like the holidays could definitely be part of it. I'm sorry you aren't feeling up to dailies. But honestly good for you for realizing you aren't there and giving yourself the space you need for mental health.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, checking CM, PNV, CoQ10, low dose aspirin.

R/R: The water company left a note for my husband and I saying that our water usage has dramatically increased and we should check for leaks. So we did and nothing. We called them to see what we could find out and apparently we have used the amount of water we typically use in an entire month over the past week. Which... how? It seems like there is maybe a leak in the line from the water meter to our house. So now we have to hire a plumber to come out and dig up the waterline to try to find and fix the leak which wouldn't be a big deal except the water meter is literally down the street on the other side on a neighbor's property. So that's great. And we can't even find a plumber who can come out any sooner than next week. We are currently paying almost $100/week for water with the leak right now so it is annoying to need to wait a week for a plumber. 

In TTC related news I woke up this morning to some intense pelvic/ovary pain so I'm thinking maybe O was early this morning?  That would make sense with the LH surge yesterday so maybe. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @feather_heather I sooo hear you on the small talk aversion. I feel like sometimes I’m borderline rude just giving minimal answers because I’m an awkward introvert and just want to be left alone lol. 

@ashaislurking Thanks! I read your post in the mental health board—I’m so sorry you’re going through/have been going through all of that. Sending strength your way. 

@kpearse99 Take all the time you need. Thinking of you in the loving yet creepy internet stranger way!
  • @NamelessAria Hopefully the water company will give you a leak credit! That's an insane jump in usage and I'm glad you were alerted to it. Hopefully you can move on to the TWW soon!
    @ssbl thanks for the support! I just realized when I popped back into this thread that I didn't post an R/R answer. To say I'm stressed is an understatement. I just hope things calm down soon.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ssbl - Glad you finally have all the testing lined up! The day after I put my christmas tree up, I sat on the couch and read a book for 4 hours!

@ashaislurking - I'm with you on the stay home and avoid everyone on the holidays! You missed all my family drama a few months ago (long story short my mother walked out on my father after 35 years of marriage). My dad is still speaking to her, but myself and my sisters are not. Not sure how we're handling Christmas yet, and my sister's wedding is a month away. I have so much anxiety about it all. 

@kpearse99 - Totally understandable! Take all the time you need! We'll be here for you when you're ready to come back!

@NamelessAria - OMG that's a huge jump! Have you talked to your neighbors to see if they're experiencing the same problem? I hope you are able to solve it soon!!
  • @feather_heather best of luck to you on navigating the family drama! It's definitely not easy. Both MH and I come from split families with a lot of drama filled history, so it's partially business as usual for us, we've just decided that we're not going to continue putting up with the toxic crap anymore and obviously there's some resistance to that from some people because they feel like they're entitled to see us over the holidays even though they're toxic. We'll see how it all turns out. Hang in there and remember that you don't have to justify your feelings or how you choose to cope to ANYONE.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Month/Cycle:19/14/4 AL#2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD, OPK’s, temping/tracking with FF, and progesterone after O.

R/R: I’m still here...but definitely feeling like it’s crunch time at work since it’s such a short month with the holidays! I’m ready for another fairly relaxing weekend...just gotta survive today & tomorrow! We got some Christmas shopping done online the last couple of days, so I’m feeling more relaxed about all that! 

CS/Q: None.

@feather_heather hope you have a good hair appt! I feel ya on the small talk...and then sometimes it’s so hard to to even hear with hair dryers and whatnot going! I’d be good to just sit there in peace!

@ssbl fingers crossed all your testing comes back with good results!! Good luck with all of it today! Yay for getting your tree up! I love being in the room with all the lights off except the tree lights! Did you get a real tree? 

@ashaislurking I’m sorry the holidays are stressing you out! I say go with that if that’s going to be the best thing for you!! 

@NamelessAria oh wow, that water leak issue sounds terrible! Glad the water company called and gave you a heads up so it didn’t go on for a whole month! I hope the plumber can find/fix the issue quickly! Yay for O...sounds like you got in good timing! 

• @bluetickgal I need to get some Christmas shopping done soon too. Hopefully your relaxing weekend is a good one! So close to Saturday, you can make it!
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• *lurking*

@feather_heather I guess I missed your drama too! That sounds very difficult. Whenever I got married my family was going through something very similar. My mom left by dad after brain surgery because she had been having an affair with his best friend for the past year. This happened about 3-4 months before my wedding and it was super difficult. I also have much younger siblings that got thrown in the mix so it was really really unfair of her to do it like she did. She emptied out all of my dads accounts and took everything out of the house, beds, etc... and he ended up having to stay with DH and I for several weeks with my younger sister. My dad passed away about 6 months after my wedding and my mom played the victim and acted like her lost soulmate had died and it was awful. Since then, (he died in 2014) things have calmed down, but my mom is still with that deadbeat and it was put a huge huge strain on our relationship. I am civil with him, but I don’t invite him to any family functions, and refuse to let him be apart of my family. It’s really hard not to hang on to the anger. From someone who has been In a similar situation, I’m sending thoughts for peace and love. And I hope your situation ends better than ours did. honestly, it was one of the hardest times of my life and I’ll be sending so many prayers your way over this holiday season. 
  • @namelessaria Ugh, that water situation sounds crazy. I’m sorry you have to deal with that and I hope it gets worked out soon!

@bluetickgal Sorry work is so nuts. Our tree is real and very fat 🤗 We cut them down with family and make a whole day of it.

Just got home from testing. The HSG wasn’t pleasant but it was actually really fascinating watching the dye progress and come out of both tubes (which, hooray, means they aren’t blocked). The ultrasound was way more boring because I couldn’t see the screen, and the tech didn’t say anything—I don’t know if that’s good or bad or standard.
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: opk, tracking cm

R/R: I am here...ish. I am in limbo of not knowing if I am wto or in my tww. I am also dealing with vertigo the past couple of days 

CS/Q:  no
    Tags are literally not working for me. 
    Hooray for unblocked tubes!
    DH and I come from broken families. Mine get along great, DHs can't be around each other. 
    Hairstylist are used to all kinds of clients. I know a few that prefer you to not talk and distract them. 

Okay. I am dizzy. Post and run. 
  • @photographerwife - Thank you for sharing your story, I'm so sorry for your loss of your dad.  We're all pretty sure she is having an affair (not her first rodeo) and that is why she walked away, but she won't admit to it. So being lied to is just piling on to the hurt and not allowing anyone the ability to forgive and move on right now. She was a very loving mother, but she's always been extremely narcissistic and jealous. She actually said that one of the reasons she left is because my dad loves his daughters (me and my two sisters) more than he loves her. Thank you for showing me that eventually it won't be as hurtful and hard as it is in the moment.