May 2020 Moms

Randoms Dec 9-15

Re: Randoms Dec 9-15

• Peri bottle post partum is Heavenly. 

When I asked DH if I pooped he goes “IDK! I was way too stressed and grossed out to notice that!” 😂 so I guess distract them with all the other bodily fluids and they’ll never notice haha
  • @shamrocandroll I know I pooped, but only because I smelt it for a split second. No one ever said anything.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • The frida baby mom washer (upside down peri bottle) is amazing!  I had it with DD1 and it was much easier to use than the one the hospital sent home.  I also second (third?) having multiple bottles so you can have one in each bathroom.  And if you run out anywhere shove that sucker in your purse too! 
  • @pirateduck You're definitely going to want him there to hold your barf bag if you need it!

After 27 hours of labor (including poop, blood, and vomit), MH walked around the wrong side of the c-section curtain and got to see my insides "all over the place." Good thing he's indifferent to bodily fluids and gore. 😆
  • @rox7777 My dad is like that too.  When my mom was having her C-section with me (23 days overdue and still a c-section :# ), my dad watched the whole thing with fascination.  At one point, my mom says he said to her "You should see how many towels they have stuffed inside you right now!" and she was like "SHUT. UP."  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll I’m forever grateful that he didn’t watch my CS. I did not need the gory details of that. 
  • @rox7777 I'm seriously considering asking for a clear curtain this time. I don't think I would look until they were about to pull the babies out, which would be pretty cool to see. Then again, once you opt for clear, you're stuck with it and that might be one of those things you should just never see.... 
  • @ruby696 Nooooope. I still shudder thinking about the nurse coming around the curtain and literally wedging her hands under my rib cage and tugging. DS2 had his foot caught. I can still feel it to this day. Worst sensation ever. I can’t imagine actually looking.
  • @rox7777 I think it mostly just annoyed me that so many people (including MH) got to see DS before I did. I want to see them first, dammit!
  • My DH could barely handle The Walking Dead because it’s “too gross”. He’s the only one I want in the delivery room, so this will be interesting 😂j
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @ruby696 I did ask for both boys to be placed on my chest immediately. That felt like a good compromise to me. I think MH will want to hold her before me this time. He’s been dreaming of having a girl for years now and I want him to have the full experience because I’m definitely NOT doing it again. 
  • @ruby696 @rox7777
    My old coworker watched his daughter born via c-section and he would always say “They literally removed all her organs to get DD out. And then just sewed her back up like nothing happened!” 😂
  • @mokay19 It's so creepy that we're awake for that. And not dead. That's pretty amazing too. 😂
  • DF stayed up by my head with DS. He has an older son who was born via CS and was smart enough at 19 to stand up and look over the curtain, he doesn't do blood or gore at all so I laughed when he told me that story. 
  • Ugh, you guys.  I got a warning for calling the random drive-by a troll.  That's 2 warnings for me in the last 6 months (first was from a horrible human being in TTGP who wished infertility upon all of us).  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll what?! That's ridiculous! For both "offenses" 
  • @shamrocandroll Ridiculous. You should maybe have a "friend" on standby... I can't risk you getting banned. 🙂❤
  • @shamrocandroll what!! I feel like everyone handled that very well. She deserved all of those posts. That's so ridiculous!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @shamrocandroll @ruby696 Agreed. In the angry bump god days it was practically a requirement. 
  • I am upset because I cannot get a refund on my ski pass...  they said the pregnancy occurred "before" I purchased the pass even though it's not possible to know you are pregnant (and I didn't see the doctor) until at least 4 weeks, which is "after" I purchased it.  I am infuriated and the whole reason I had insurance on this purchase was in case I got pregnant because we were actively trying and I knew I might not ski this year.  That's $750 I won't get back that would be much better used on the baby and my obscene medical bills.  FML.
  • @pirateduck That's outrageous. Seriously. Is there anyone else you can talk to?
  • @ruby696 I spoke with two different people on the phone.  I'm going to appeal with more info or something from my doctor hopefully.
  • I'd be interested to know how they know when you conceived. I mean, what is the timeline here? Did you buy the pass during week 1 or 2 or your cycle? Because you weren't pregnant then. Not to be difficult, but this is ridiculous. 
  • Well @ruby696 I had to provide proof that I was pregnant so they have a copy of my HCG draw from my first doctor's appointment, but then that says 4 weeks pregnant because I tested positive and that's the way pregnancy is dated, back to LMP.  So dumb.  So subtract 4 weeks from the date of the appointment and it's before the purchase date.  I don't deny any of this, but seriously, it's not possible to know before that.  Had I known, I wouldn't have spent the $750 in the first place.  So aggravating.
  • @pirateduck I think they need to read the book TCOYF and learn how a cycle works. It is really frustrating that things are backdated once you find out. I remember when I was TTC the first time around I had to wait a whole extra cycle to ensure that I would get my STD benefits. I technically would have conceived after they kicked in, but because of the backdating I would have been "pregnant" before they kicked in. So frustrating!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @pirateduck Maybe your doctor can give you a letter saying your pregnancy was not diagnosed until "x" date. And, if possible/helpful, that you had not conceived until "x" date.
  • @pirateduck That's infuriating... totally worth a B**ch Fit until someone refunds your money. 1) You have insurance and 2) You didn't know you were pregnant. There shouldn't be any questions and they should give you a refund. If they are really major jerks and refuse, is it possible to resale the pass? 
    FTM
  • Definitely not possible to sell it, they are non-transferable and it's a really big deal if a person is caught using another person's pass (like fines and court and possibly jail time as it's fraud and/or theft).  I left a message with my doctor about it.  I live in a ski town, my doctor works in a ski town, I'm sure it's not the first time they've had to help with something like this.  If that doesn't work I'm going to approach my boss as he has a bit of pull in town and good working relationships with a lot of people at the ski resort, but I'd rather just resolve things the right way instead of trying to muscle my way to a refund with my boss' pull.  I'm over the initial rage, and settled into the reality that I've been screwed by insurance repeatedly the past 3 years and had to pay boatloads extra so this is just one more of those things.  I just really never in a million years expected it to be a big deal.
  • ugh...  the DOT has been cracking down on vehicle traction in bad weather and now they are saying no vehicles without chains can go over the pass I need to drive over to get home from work...  this is a new thing.  It helps keep rental cars off the road, but passenger cars don't typically have chains.  I just drove over the pass to work this morning without issue with my studded snow tires and 4WD, there's no reason I can't make it back home except I'm not allowed on the road.  Grr... we'll probably just go for it anyway at some point.
  • I threw out my freaking back some how, this is up in the middle of my back but my entire back is locked right now.
  • @pirateduck Hopefully you’re able to make it home safe! 

@mamaj1220 I’m sorry, back issues are the absolute worst. Hopefully a heat pack, some Tylenol, and rest (if you can get it) will help. 

I’m finally putting up our Christmas tree. Man is this a reminder that I’m pregnant. My stomach is not as flexible as it used to be. I’m taking many breaks 😅
    FTM
  • I just got my Welcome Box from Babylist. Between this and the Amazon box, I feel more prepared 😅
    FTM
  • Some thoughts...my sister is a labor and delivery nurse. Apparently most people poop during labor, our uterus and intestines are made of the same smooth muscle. Nurses just clean it up and don’t say anything about it. 
    When I was in nursing school, I was in the OR to witness a CS and it was quite eye-opening. It convinced me that I never want to have one (unless medically necessary of course). It’s really crazy! I have a pretty strong stomach but that gave me sympathy abdominal pain. Luckily, MH works in the “special delivery unit” at his hospital, so he’s seen all the gory details of both kinds of birth. He’s scarred for life but at least he knows what’s coming 😂