May 2020 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-in 12/12

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in 12/12

• Options
    What's going on this week? Not a whole lot. I'm trying to jeep my house clean and do last minute Christmas shopping. 

How far along are you? 18 weeks today! 

Upcoming appointments? OB appt Friday and AS on the 23rd.

Cravings/Symptoms? No real cravings. I'm having a hard time eating as much as I need to. Before I couldn't stop. 😬

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Guys, I'm so big and uncomfortable. I know it's because there are two babies and I'm short, but I'm starting to get really nervous for how much worse this is going to get. I feel like I'm 7 months along. 

Questions? Nope! I hope you're all doing well! ❤
  • Options
    @ruby696 I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable! I can't imagine how twins feel!! My house is a giant mess. I am not a nester...

What's going on this week? Counting down to vacation! I figure next Wednesday the students have worked hard enough for a nice long 3-day movie in class. 

How far along are you? 17+5

Upcoming appointments? AS on 12/30!

Cravings/Symptoms? Nothing new: thirst, heartburn, fatigue, rlp. I really wanted raspberries the other day and DH was already at the store...

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Finally really told people. I did a social media post so more co-workers found out. Told my supervisor (I'd already told my 2 principals). Still want to wait till January to tell students. I feel like my bump still looks like a gut I'm not sucking in.

Questions? Nah.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's going on this week? Well, DD and I were running around trying to get some last minute Christmas shopping done when our car battery died. That’s a little bit of summary of the way my weeks been going. Feeling grateful that I am really starting to feel kicks and that Christmas is around the corner.

How far along are you? 19 weeks tomorrow!

Upcoming appointments? AS 12/19

Cravings/Symptoms? I am craving sodas like crazy right now and have been waking up 1 million times a night.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I need this nesting to kick in! My house is a disaster and I couldn’t honestly care less.

Questions? Naw 

@ruby696 I cannot imagine how you are feeling right now with twins. Keep on trooping along!
    @j@jrouge12 right there with you with the nesting!
  • Options
    @newmomtx06 I didn't nest with DD either! Why vacuum and clean when Netflix needs me to binge watch this show? We're having people over next weekend so I figure everything will get a thorough going over then. Sorry about the car battery! I also feel like I wake up a million times a night... I'm ready for a weekend nap!
  • Options
    @ruby696 Ugh, I can't even imagine how you must feel with twins in there!  Hang in there!  You got this!  

@jrouge12 A 3-day movie in class sounds like the perfect pre-Christmas break activity!  What movie?

@newmomtx06 Ugh don't say last minute yet, haha.  I still have no idea what to get my parents or ILs.  😭  So sorry to hear about your rough week!  My nesting hasn't kicked in yet either, and there's still so much to be done on DS's new room!

What's going on this week?  It's crawling by so slow, but going okay otherwise.  Today was my AS!  Everything looks perfect, and I'm finally breathing a sigh of relief!

How far along are you?  19 weeks!

Upcoming appointments?  Not until 24 weeks after today's AS!

Cravings/Symptoms?  My pregnant friend mentioned toaster strudels to me the other day, so of course I had to buy those today at the store.  I also really wanted Christmas tree cakes.  I don't usually buy those types of foods, so I felt like a super stereotypical pregnant lady at checkout.  Especially since I was also buying ingredients to make brownies for our holiday party at work tomorrow.  I'm definitely feeling movement now!  Today they confirmed my placenta is posterior this time.  Last time, it was anterior and I didn't feel anything until after 20w!

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  I'm annoyed that I got a warning for today's drive-by.  I don't think I said anything that warranted it.  One more strike in the next month or so, and I'm out.  :(

Questions?  Not really!

**TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Congrats on the great scan! What a relief! And.... I can't believe you got a warning 🙄
  • Options
    What's going on this week? So much, trying to finish up last minute shopping for my nephews and I need to organize and wrap everything. DD has her last swim class on Wednesday and her winter program at daycare on Thursday. Thursday is also the anatomy scan and my department at work will take off at 1 for the remainder of the work day for our holiday gathering. I am off of work next week so I am also trying to finish up some projects. And getting my house set for hosting twice next week.

How far along are you? 18+4

Upcoming appointments? AS on Thursday morning, I also need to get my repeat thyroid labs drawn.

Cravings/Symptoms? Nothing really that stands out currently.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rave: Over the weekend was our girls shopping day and it was a lot of fun. I was pretty beat and useless on Sunday though. Rant: DH has decided that he is not going to come to the AS on Thursday. The scan with appointment right after is 8:45-9:45 and DD has her winter program at 9-10. Even if he came to just the scan, there is no way he could make it to daycare in time. I am ok with his decision because I don't want DD to be sad not having anyone there. I am scared though if anything is wrong that I will be alone. It is a bit too late to ask anyone else to come with me too, at least of the people I would want to ask. Because of this we are definitely having them put the sex in an envelope and will open on (I think) Christmas morning!

Questions? Nope

@ruby696 I'm sorry that you are so uncomfortable.
    @jrouge12 Movie days for class sound great, for you and the students! I bet it is a bit of a relief to finally tell more people.
    @newmomtx06 I hope this week is starting out better than last! I also need the nesting to kick in, we have so much to do to get our house ready.
    @shamrocandroll I'm glad the AS went well and yay for a posterior placenta, I hope today's appointment goes well tough!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited December 2019
    @m6agua That's a tough spot to be in, but I can totally see how you guys would want him at your daughter's winter program. Fx you AS is perfect and it's not an issue. 

Eta: autocorrect 
  • Options
    @m6agua That's so tough to have to choose! I don't think it's too late to ask someone to come with you. Is anyone you'd want there close enough?
  • Options
    @m6agua Aww, I'm sorry he had to make that choice.  I hope it goes super smoothly and YD's winter program goes well!  And thanks!  Everything is looking good, thankfully!  <3
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I am so glad the scan went well! I also had an anterior placenta last time and while I haven’t confirmed yet I know it’s posterior this time. That with a tilted uterus, I did not feel DD consistently until about 23 weeks.

@m6agua I am so sorry you guys had to make that decision. Will be thinking of you during the scan! Also, you have a lot more willpower than I do. I would probably open it that night.
  • Options
    @newmomtx06 I also have a tilted uterus.  Well, I should say I did have one.  They said by now it has un-tilted itself for sure.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll @newmomtx06 +1 for a tilted uterus and anterior placenta with the first. Although unlike the two of you, mine is most likely anterior again. :'(

@newmomtx06 I think I am going to take the envelope and wrap it up right away, otherwise I would be too tempted to open it.

@jrouge12 I think it is too late to ask someone. My best friend lives a couple towns away and works very part time and has 2 boys. So even if she isn't working, finding childcare would be difficult. My mom is working, she is a PT and has patients. I have a few others I could ask and know one would be free (my aunt), but I would feel guilty and I think my mom would be hurt if I had anyone else come that wasn't her or my best friend.

Thanks everyone, I'm sure the AS will go fine. I have no reason to think otherwise, I just cannot help thinking of all the worst case scenarios.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @shamrocandroll @newmomtx06 @m6agua Another tilted uterus here! I hadn't even heard of that until they told me at my first appointment when I was KU with DD.