May 2020 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday 12/11

• Why does it have to be so cold today? Feels like -8 with windchill, was -17 when I went into work today. Luckily it will warm up for the weekend and be in the low 30's. (all in Fahrenheit)
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • My WTF is to my boss, who blew off a meeting that he had scheduled earlier this week, then pissed me off yesterday by giving me this ridiculous request for a very oddly formatted chart he wants me to make.  Then, to make it extra condescending, he included a picture of a bar chart with error bars so I'd know what he was talking about.  This is what I do for a living.  🙄

Oh, and today he came to my desk and gave me a huge mile high apple pie from a local restaurant as my early Christmas gift.  I don't have anyone coming to my house for the next 2 weeks.  What am I going to do with a pie that weighs 5 lbs!?  Haha.  He is very nice, but also very weird.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll I would eat all the pie. In fact, now I want apple pie. I suggest you pick up some vanilla ice cream on your way home from work today. 😁 
  • @ruby696 In my regular state, I would agree with you.  But to my pregnant self, pie is not very appealing right now.  It's very sad.  I made my favorite pie for Thanksgiving and just had to throw half of it out because I was the only one who wanted any, and I only wanted a couple of pieces.  :(  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Oh, that's sad. Pie should never be wasted. 😉 Seriously though, that's super disappointing as a Christmas gift if it doesn't appeal to you. What happened to Christmas bonuses? Is that not a thing anymore? Cash is better than pie.
  • @ruby696 Oh, we just got out of our company meeting where they announced a 21% profit sharing bonus for the year, so zero complaints here, haha!  I just wish he didn't spend so much money on a gift I won't really have a use for.  These pies are pretty famous and super expensive!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• In that case @shamrocandroll, your boss is awesome! I work for the government now and taxpayers don't go for Christmas bonuses, so I don't get one. I really miss profit sharing bonuses. People usually give bottles of wine at my office, so I guess I'm out of luck there, too. 🤷‍♀️
  • My WTF is for my 4 year old daughter, who explicitly asked me for broccoli cheese soup, then threw a tantrum for an hour straight because the soup (that I made from scratch) was “too cheesy”. 
  • @ieles2531 Oh no she didn’t! Toddlers are terrible people sometimes. I hope you like broccoli cheddar soup
  • Oh man, I get that @mamaj1220. Our power was out for 24 hours last month. We've had 3 coolers full of water sitting in our living room until yesterday. I don't even know how many times I asked MH to move them to the garage. How hard is it to move the damn coolers out of the house?! 

@ieles2531 😂😂😂 Only a toddler. I would have eaten your broccoli cheese soup. No such thing as too much cheese in broccoli cheese soup.
  • I’m having one of those days. The highlight was grocery shopping with my toddler and preschooler. Just as we’re getting in line the toddler reaches in and grabs the carton of eggs, spilling them all and breaking a third of them. Then my preschooler has a full on meltdown because she wanted to put a specific item on the conveyor belt but I had already put it on because I had lost my patience because of the eggs. 

Also our ceiling is leaking. We repaired our roof and also some caulking around a window and it’s still leaking. I’m going to have to rip apart the ceiling inside to figure out what the source of the leak is 🤦🏻‍♀️

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ruby696 So what you’re saying is you’re in the running for the Christmas Light Fight show 😂
    @m6agua That’s a bit chilly! Does everyone have remote starters  and heated seats up there? It seems like those should come standard in that climate!
    @shamrocandroll Cut the pie up and freeze it!!! Yay for Christmas bonuses!
    @mamaj1220 I Hope your son is okay. And I’m sorry about YF not doing things you asked.
    @brettanomyces Aren’t kids fun?! They are fun right? At least sometimes? Good luck figuring out the leak, those are never fun.
  • I moved it with him literally sitting on it protesting then we both laughed because WTAF is wrong with us 😂 but now DS has thrown up all over the house 5 times. He’s running to the bathroom but dude use the bucket I gave you, for the love all that’s holy this game is old.