Weekly Group 3 Check-in (3/17-3/24) w/o 12/9

EDD/W+D

Team pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you plan on/have any ideas for starting any new ones with your new addition?

Re: Weekly Group 3 Check-in (3/17-3/24) w/o 12/9

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/21 / 25w2d

Team pink/blue/green: not telling yet.

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower 

Cravings/Aversions: I am craving sweets most of the time, and I've been really thirsty this week, too.

Upcoming appts: Not til next year!

Rants/Raves: It's finals week! I have to give a final exam, collect a final project, and college final portfolios tomorrow--and then grade all of that!  :s The final exam starts at... 8am, too, so... yay except the opposite of yay. As for raves, I am just glad, despite all the intense work this week, that it's finally finals week because that means I almost get my break.

Questions: Not that I can think of!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you plan on/have any ideas for starting any new ones with your new addition? I asked for a pizzelle maker for xmas bc DH was like "IDK what to get you," so if I get that, I plan on making those next year. I hope also to get a real tree and put it up every year. Right now, we go "home" for the holidays--and "home" is 24 hours away, so there's no point in getting one--but next year, if we don't live near my fam, we are going to have to decide how to "do" the holidays. As for current traditions, there are many, and my fave is probably the seven fishes dinner we do on my mom's side of the fam.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I had to google a pizzelle  :#

EDD/W+D: 3/18, 25w6d

Team pink/blue/green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): prairie dog

Cravings/Aversions: not too much specific in the food dept: I just want to eat all the time. However, I *need* a frozen mocha everyday. 

Upcoming appts: next tues for glucose

Rants/Raves: none. Tired today but could be worse.

Questions: none.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you plan on/have any ideas for starting any new ones with your new addition? I used to love putting decorations on the tree while playing christmas music. Until DS gets Christmas, I give zero effs about decorating and even putting up a tree. DH had to be the one to insist on a tree bc I easily would have skipped it this year. I hope my kids like having christmas music while decorating the tree when they are bigger. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @silverhope Now *I* want a frozen mocha! Was just listening to christmas music on my way to this (very early) final exam I was giving, and it reminded me how my dad always plays this game in the car--can we guess who is singing. I'm very bad at this game. And my bro and I would always choose sides of the car and count all the lights on the way home from his house--whoever sat on the side with the most won. I never cheated? I just realized that. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom good luck on all that work for finals week!  Hopefully it will be done before you know it.

@silverhope my two boys loved tree decorating this year (4 and 2) but I wasn't feeling as motivated for it.  I let them put two boxes of plastic ornaments wherever they could reach, and DH helped them put some up higher, but otherwise we haven't gotten out any of the more sentimental ornaments this time.  I still need to find the oomph to get the fall decorations off our porch and put at least something wintery out there. :neutral:

EDD/W+D
    3/20, 25w4d

Team pink/blue/greenBoy #3

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball glove

Cravings/Aversions: Not much in the way of either these days, though commercials/ads can easily make me want something.  I've been low energy in the evenings lately so I've also been more having an aversion to cooking than any specific foods lol.

Upcoming appts: This Friday is my 1 hr glucose and a midwife checkup.

Rants/Raves: My house has been passing around some illness and so far *knock on wood* I have had the least impact from it.  DH had it the worst and he is just now finally getting over his cough 1.5 weeks later.  Crossing all the things that my symptoms don't get worse because I can't chug Dayquil/Nyquil like DH has been lol.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you plan on/have any ideas for starting any new ones with your new addition? We are using the kids getting older as a way of stepping out of family traditions, if that makes sense.  DH and I have historically tried to attend all of our various family events but this year will be the first year that we don't do something with FIL's extended family, and may not do anything with my mom's extended family either.  We are looking forward to spending more time with just us and our kids to try and slow down during the season rather than going 4 different places on Christmas Day and several others on other days.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options
    I probably should have waited for today rather than posting in last week's thread.  

I have been so terribly MIA lately from our BMB board and I hope to make more of an effort for our remaining weeks here. Please forgive me! 

EDD/W+D: 3/23, 25+1

Team pink/blue/green: Pink💗

Baby is the size of a(n): Rutabaga

Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings and luckily no more aversions.

Upcoming appts: 12/17 for glucose test and an ultrasound to check on my placenta location. At my A/S, I was told I had marginal previa so FX my placenta has been moving upward as my uterus grows. I know there is plenty of time for this to happen. 

Rants/Raves: I can't believe the 3rd trimester is right around the corner. This pregnancy is truly flying by which is bittersweet as it will be my last. Trying to saviour each kick from the inside as much as possible 💗
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    puppylove8910puppylove8910 member
    edited December 2019
    Good luck with all your work @kagesstarshroom!

@silverhope, it looks our glucose test is the same day! I'm not dreading the test, but I am dreading the massive headache and overall shitty feeling that comes later in the day because of it. Blah.

@kailanae I hope everyone feels better! This time of year is so rough. I feel like our house is always fighting something from October until May. I'm still getting over a chest cold 😭 And good luck on Friday! 

Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    @kailanae good for you for prioritizing your fam over extended family. We don’t have that much family, so we don’t have this problem too, too much, but we still need to be better about saying no to things with friends. I like our time together as a fam.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/27 24w + 4d

Team pink/blue/green: pink 💕

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 🍈 

Cravings/Aversions: comfort food, sweets, trying to keep my appetite under control!

Upcoming appts: Not til 1/7 when in go for my glucose test. And then every two weeks after that! Once the new year hits it’s just going to fly by. Anyone else feel like 2nd tri lasts forever though? I guess 1st goes by faster because you’re already 4-6 weeks in by the time you know.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I’m so over being at work right now. This is our slow season so I feel unproductive there when I have so many things to do at home. Just ready to be off for the holidays already. Rave: The new season of Mrs. Maisel is out! It is just the funniest most well done show. Even DH likes it!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you plan on/have any ideas for starting any new ones with your new addition? My side of the family is (mostly) Jewish, so we go to the in laws for Christmas. I love a lot of their traditions, they host an Xmas Eve dessert party after church, we eat Norwegian xmas bread while we open presents, and they’ve been filming every Xmas since my husband was 4! Our 2015 Xmas engagement was even caught on tape! It’s a true Christmakkuh this year so we’ll be doing some Hannukah traditions at their house as well as celebrating with my parents when we get back. That’s the nice thing about having 8 days of Hannukah. We plan to do both holidays with our kids, right now I have both Hannukah and Christmas decorations up in our house! 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I also had to google what pizzelle was. Looks yummy! DH and I have only gotten a real tree once (we hosted Xmas 2 years ago because my MIL’s kitchen was being renovated) because we usually “go home” also. I talked him into getting a fake tree that was on sale this year, just so I could enjoy it until we go home, and we can put that up other years until we stay home for the holidays more and get a real tree.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/20, 25+4

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower

Cravings/Aversions: sweets, mostly.

Upcoming appts: Next Tuesday: glucose!

Rants/Raves: I’m just so excited for my winter break! But also kind of overwhelmed at everything I need to do. I need to get serious about writing some sub plans for my maternity leave.

Questions

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you plan on/have any ideas for starting any new ones with your new addition? Like @creativesoul63, my husband’s family is Christian and mine is Jewish. We keep a Jewish home so we celebrate Chanukah here or with my parents (8 days means a few days at each!). Even though H wasn’t raised Jewish, he enjoys making latkes and celebrating. On Xmas eve we always go to MIL’s. And then she insists we go back on Xmas morning. Honestly it’s a little much for me and not my favorite. I miss the days when I was younger and my parents and I would go out to the movies and get Chinese food on Xmas, like Jews do. :) 

One little tradition I’ve started and would like to continue is getting DD Chanukah pajamas for the first night. I can’t wait to dress my girls in matching PJs!
  • Options
    @creativesoul83 We have a little fake tree we've put up in the past, and while I am tempted to take it out and do so, I also remember how I didn't pack it away for so long last year (longer than I am willing to admit to internet strangers even lol) soooo no. We DO have a scroll that has a tree DH drew on it and I cut out little paper circles to look like ornaments, so if I can find that and find a place on our walls, I might hang it up?

@kantobean MH also loves making latkes! Though neither of us are Jewish. I grew up in a town where the majority of people were Jewish though, so your movies/Chinese food tradition from your younger days is something familiar to me as so many of my friends from high school did just that. <3