Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 12/9

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who? And how?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 12/9

• EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd/16+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Can of pop or the cardboard inside roll of duct tape

Upcoming appointments: 12/31 for anatomy scan!

How are you feeling? Still nauseous and exhausted but the meds are working still! 

Raves/Rants: My appetite has definitely increased.  I feel like I don’t stop eating until I have to do something else or I feel nauseous. 
    My belly button is a sick joke and just sticks straight out 😑

Questions: How do you pretend tuck in a shirt while wearing maternity belly band pants?

Hmm... when i was a child I met Ty Pennington at a Sears because he was doing a promotional thing. 

Oh, I went to college with Whitney Mercilus and I worked at a bar that he and a couple of his friends would come to over the summer. He’s a large man (linebacker on the Texans) but he barely drank due to football. We’d hang out sometimes after I’d get off work because they were a blast. When he would drink, he’d have a few drinks and be very drunk and hilarious. Suuuuuuuper nice guy!
  • edd/weeks+days: May 24 / 16+2

Team: Pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado. 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday just normal OB appt, and scheduling my anatomy scan! I have my favorite OB who delivered DS1. I'm going to see if she will schedule my anatomy scan before new years so i can do an official gender reveal. 

How are you feeling? very tired, crampy here and there, and starting to get a bit anxious of what 3 will be like. I wont re-hash here, but put in the b*tchfest post my issues with DS1 which area really weighing on me. 

Raves/Rants: rant: We're having IL's over for xmas eve, and my family over for xmas day. DH thought it was completely reasonable to invite him whole family to sleep over (they live 20 minutes away) so they can stay up late & drink/play games. He has zero understanding why I might not want to do that, and just did it without asking. so now i'm going to have so many people at my house for like 48 hrs with little to no break in between!! i really wanted xmas morning to just be the 4 of us so we can start creating our own memories & traditions rather than having his whole family here too which is just so overwhelming. 

Rave: I'm very proud of myself for eating well over the last few weeks. my previous pregnancies once i stopped being nauseous i just ate anything/everything. I'm trying to be more conscious of what i'm putting in my body, and it's making me feel good. 

Questions: 

I got to be an extra in a film and briefly met Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. Justin was super quiet/to himself, but Mila was such a sweetheart! conversation lasted a whole like... 2 minutes if that lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 i have NO IDEA how to tuck in a shirt w/ maternity pants. let me know if you figure it out lol. i have so many shirts i just want to tuck like a tiny bit on the side. 
  • @mokay19 I used to work a retail job that required us to tuck in our polo shirts. I hate how I look with a shirt tucked in. So I safety pinned an illusion of a tucked in shirt. It worked with the type of fabric. I only had to use 2 pins.

@mamaqdubu I would kill DH if he did that. Yay to healthy eating. I'm trying too but it's too easy to be lazy sometimes. I'd be way to star struck around both Justin and Mila. That's cool.

EDD/ Weeks+Days: 5/17 / 17+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out. Should be scheduling the AS today.

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: In just a couple hours. Just a check up. Excited to hear the heartbeat because I feel so not pregnant right now (minus the thirst, peeing, fatigue, and RLP).

How are you feeling? Good! I'm definitely still tired by 7pm (my new bedtime) but I feel like the symptoms are normal and manageable. Heartburn can have some bad days though. 

Raves/Rants: So ready for Christmas break. Students are nuts right now. Also I found a pair of maternity lounge/pj pants I actually like. I tried them yesterday and fell in love. I was recently disappointed by some Motherhood leggings that claimed to be over the bump. I prefer the full belly coverage, I'm so uncomfortable with pants sitting low or in the middle of the bump. 

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who? And how? Bill Pullman (of "Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"). He spoke at my college and did an informal meet and greet afterwards. He almost stopped meeting with people with the person before me in line (his family was there waiting for him), but I begged to just get a photo with him and he obliged. 
  • EDD / weeks + days: May  23rd / 16 + 2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado 

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound Dec 20

How are you feeling? Not bad for the most part aside from RLP and general crankiness. I think I'm just reaching a point where I'm ready for a work break at Christmas!

Raves/Rants: I made it to 10:30 for my work Christmas party which surprised me and DH. Only downside was there was very little food and a lot of alcohol and the only non-alcoholic drink was water - so I guess I stayed hydrated. 

@mamaqdubu proud of you for eating healthy! I'm in the opposite boat where I feel guilty for not eating as healthy as I should.

Questions: none

GTKY: Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who? And how? I've never actually gone up to anyone, but saw Hugh Dancy at MOMA in NYC and a couple months ago saw one of the jonas brothers on my plane
  • @mamaqdubu WOW if my H did that he’d be issuing an “I effed up” un-invitation to his family. I used to just suck it up when things like that played out but now we have a strict we don’t make plans before speaking to the other rule. 

Edd May 17

team green

midwife appointment on Wednesday. Looking forward to her being able to find the heartbeat this time- last time she couldn’t. 

Im generally feeling good, just tired. 

The most famous person ive met was Bill Clinton, randomly walking down a street in Canada once. I worked in restaurants for years so I’ve met a few celebrities or at least seen them in the restaurant - Bob Saget, Penelope Cruz, David Carradine, Guillermo Del Toro, Anthony Michael Hall, Frankie Muniz...I’m sure I’m forgetting some

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out - we decided to do an elective ultrasound at a boutique place to find out the sex early - DS wants to know so bad and we are excited to share something about the pregnancy in person with our family over the holidays. So we are finding out on Saturday and I cannot wait!! 

Baby is the size of a(n): an avocado or a newborn hat 

Upcoming appointments: next appointment is the anatomy scan on Jan 3 - it's with a new doctor since my insurance is changing and my current OB does not accept my new insurance. I'm kinda nervous about the switch - but the new doctor came highly recommended from a friend who is also due in May so hopefully it will work out!

How are you feeling? I started having really sharp pains in my lower back - I think its sciatic pain, which is concerning since it's so early. But it's pretty constant after any physical activity - even walking up/down the stairs! I'm looked up a bunch of stretches so do, so I'm going to start trying that in the mornings/evenings and see if it helps at all

Raves/Rants: This is the last full week of school before final exams! Which is a rant and a rave because ugh so much to do/grade/prep/blah and also so close to temporary freedom! 

I've met a lot of semi-famous if you're into indie music musicians, but I don't think I've met anyone super famous with celebrity status. I did get a high five from Gene Simmons years ago at Mardi Gras but idk if that counts as "meeting" him. I did meet Tim Duncan (basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs) at a half priced books a few years ago which was awesome because Tim Duncan buys used books and he was super cool/laid back. 
  • @chewie5990 I had the same problem with my back. I've found that between regularly stretching/doing yoga and massages that the pain isn't as severe or frequent. 
  • louessbeelouessbee member
    edited December 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 24 / 16+1

Team: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocados!

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on 12/20, amnio on 12/31

How are you feeling? Anxious. We're still in limbo following the "no result" NIPT, and it's getting to me. Symptom-wise, I'm still fatigued, and my boobs are really leaky. Nausea is mostly gone tho, so I'll take that.

Raves/Rants: One of our bunnies gave us a scare today that wound up with a vet trip. Luckily she was just being stubborn, and she's fine.

Questions: Has anybody tried pumping colostrum? What with the leaking I was doing some reading, it seems that some people pump and save and/or donate. Wondering if it's worth it.

GTKY: Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who? And how? Bill Nye! I was running a demo for students at Nano-Day in New York and he stopped by my booth. I got a cool photo with him. 

Edit: Formatting
  • @louessbee I wouldn’t pump at all now since it can cause contractions to stimulate your body like that. Also, I’m sorry that you’re in limbo with those results still... I can’t imagine that stress. But I’m hoping that it was just a fluke because there is two of them!
  •  

EDD/weeks+days: 5/18, 17 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: AS on 1/2

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good physically. I'd really like to start exercising again. Waiting for some movement!

Raves/Rants: just starting to feel super overwhelmed about preparations. FTM so I need everything and know nothing. Reading about all the stuff with breastfeeding and pumping and cosleeping and so... many... products. I'm just, over it. 

Questions: 

I've met a bunch but my personal favorite is Hugh Jackman. I'm a little obsessed with him and at one of his performances on Broadway my mom donated to their AIDS fundraiser and we got to have a photo with him (and a hug and kiss!). He was so so nice. I've seen him perform live so many times since then, 16 years ago.
  • edd/weeks+days: 5/24 16+1 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of the music box from Anastasia

Upcoming appointments: 12/19 regular OB and 1/6 AS 

How are you feeling? Heartburn is a PITA. Also my back is so out of whack I can't wait for the PT I need something almost every position hurts. 

Raves/Rants: Rant-I am so over tired and so annoyed at how things were left on some cases at work, normally it wouldn't bother me but I am so grumpy. Raves-DS is settling this week, he has been doing better about the baby and has been in an all around good mood. Also I am almost done Christmas shopping! 

Questions: 

Yes! Whoppi Goldberg and she is as sweet as you think! I adore her, she was dating one of my dads friends so I spent some time with her at parties and she is so down to earth and just an amazing human. Also for wrestling fans I met Dustin Rhodes over the summer and he is a joy, just a kind soul. I met him at an event he was working but he talked to me for probably five minutes during the meet and greet portion even though we hadn't paid to meet him, I just saw him and was like I have to say hi to him, it was amazing. Also I know the X ambassadors they are from my hometown and we went to school together, I wouldn't say I was friends with them but say hi in halls type of thing. 
  • sunshinesea22sunshinesea22 member
    edited December 2019
    @mokay19 Sorry to hear your belly button isn’t behaving! Maybe it’s begging to get pierced😂
    @mamaqdubu
    I would be so pissed!! Seriously not one person can be a responsible adult and be the designated driver for the night?! I would say make them all get Ubers but I doubt they have many of those by you
    @jrouge12 Yay for comfy pants! It’s the little things 
    @aneggnamedalex  Hmm your work party makes me question who planned that event...was it a recent college graduate?! 😂
    @brettanomyces Thats a lot of famous people! Must be some very nice restaurants you’re working in
    @chewie5990 So excited for you to find out this weekend!!
    @louessbee Glad to hear your bunny is okay! What kind of bunnies do you have? My dad has a Holland lops with quite a personality. I never knew bunnies could be so fun until my dad became a bunny person 😂
    @lisush I feel you on the overwhelming information as a FTM. I’m finding some resources are very helpful in reducing the whelm (I know that’s not a real word!) For product stuff someone had mentioned Lucie’s List, which I find very helpful. For the questions on cosleeping and other parenting things, I’ve been loving Cribsheet by Emily Oster. It’s a book where she dissects all sorts of parenting topics and tells you the evidence-based facts so you can make your own informed decisions on how to approach things. I find it very helpful because it’s hard to know what information to trust and she handles that part and really explains why some information is good information and other information is bad information. 
    @mamaj1220 I’m sorry you’re having such a rough stretch. Hoping that you can get some sleep tonight, that would make a huge impact for you...what have you tried doing to help fall asleep? 

Edit: fix tag
  • @sunshinesea22 omg. Piercing an outtie belly button?!? That would be.... Just wrong! 😂
  • louessbeelouessbee member
    edited December 2019
    @sunshinesea22 We have three bunnies! Two Holland lop mixes and one... Well, she's a bunny mutt. Almost a rex, but her markings aren't right. She's our sassy girl. And they do have such funny personalities! We didn't really realize before we got bunnies, either. They have Opinions.
  • I replied to everyone but forgot to post mine.

EDD/weeks+days: May 19th, 17 weeks! 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: Regular appt 12/12

How are you feeling? Exhausted today for some reason. Generally mostly better 

Raves/Rants: Work Christmas party is Thursday, so that’ll be fun! Some of my coworkers don’t know yet and I don’t get to see many of them regularly so it’ll be nice to see everyone. 

Questions: Not really a question but How on earth is it this hard to decide on a name?! I felt very confident in our name choices before we were officially team blue, now I don’t love anything and I thought I would love a name.

GTKY: Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who? And how? I met Rihanna and Jay-Z on a music video set back in 2011. They were both very nice. Jay-Z looked so much younger and more relaxed in person that I wasn’t sure it was him at first. One of my sisters is a wardrobe stylist for celebrities, so I was visiting her and she took me to work on a music video. It’s actually pretty boring and a lot of sitting around doing nothing.

• @sunshinesea22 names are impossible! With DD, we had a girl name picked out since we started trying 1.5 years before we conceived her. We were team green the whole time and never had to discuss girl names. But it took 8 months to figure out a boy option. 
    This time ZERO IDEA ON EITHER. 
  • We basically had a top 10 list for names and then after our daughters were born picked the one that spoke to us. Luckily in Jewish tradition we’ve got up to a week to decide 😆

BabyFruit Ticker
  • names are hard! We have our girl name ready but if it’s a boy I don’t know what we’re going to do. DS’s name was our absolute favorite and it seems like all the other boy names just don’t measure up. Everything is just “okay” 
  • @sunshinesea22 very impressive with the responses! Tagging and scrolling is so much work.

I'm just finishing up expecting better and was considering crib sheets. I'll have to get it now. I feel you on the name thing. Now that we know it's a girl I've been back and forth on the name we both liked, but MH is 100% for it. 😕
  • I’m glad I’m not the only one with name a dilemma. Actually, my sisters and I all only have a first name no middle because my mom always said it was hard to pick even 1 name. Maybe we should start a name thread for second semester+. I think the old one had some ladies who are no longer with us and I guess people get notifications for threads they have posted in? IDK I have all notifications turned off. 

@lisush Yes get it!! It’s just like expecting better but all about parenting topics that you’ll encounter in the first few years! I’m secretly hoping she continues the trend with her books up through the teen years because this stuff is hard! 
  • Ugh, we haven’t started talking about names yet...

I can’t believe all of the famous people on this thread!

EDD/weeks+days: 05/25, 16w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): dill pickle/avocado

Upcoming appointments: just had it! Standard ob appt with quickie ultrasound. Anatomy scan January 8th. Feels like soooo far away.

How are you feeling? Overall ok, still having a hard time getting comfortable at night.

Raves/Rants: Saw the baby today and it waved :D

Questions: None

GTKY: Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who? And how? I briefly met George Bush Senior in the gym of my university (Texas A&M).
    I went to an event in DC and met Sonia Sotomayor. Also, Willie Nelson waved at me haha...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker