Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o Dec 9

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat?
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Group 1 (May 1-8) Check-In: w/o Dec 9

• D/weeks+days: I’ll be 19 weeks on Friday!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Bell pepper

Upcoming appointments: 12/19 AS

How are you feeling?  I am feeling pretty good. I’ve had a few days where the Nager came back about as a whole I am good. Starting to feel nervous about the anatomy scan but that is pretty normal for me. I have some bad anxiety.

Raves/Rants: I got a lot of belly touches at DH’s holiday party. At least a few of them asked first right? 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Does prime rib count? 😂 I also love peppermint bark.
  • @newmomtx06 I love peppermint stuff! Unfortunately baby does not and I’ve had to skip it this year. 😭

EDD/weeks+days: May 5 / 19 Weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango 

Upcoming appointments: Dec 23

How are you feeling? Tired. So tired. I’m always tired, but I can’t sleep without some kind of intervention (unisom, Benadryl). And finally starting to get my appetite back. It took much longer than I expected. 

Raves/Rants: Finally starting to feel daily movement. She’s fairly lazy compared to the boys at this point and gives me a few jabs here and there just to let me know she is indeed still there.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Cheesecake. I love it, but really only every indulge around the holidays. Also love speciality chocolate! 
  • Loading the player...
  • drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited December 2019
    @newmomtx06 I’m also anxious about the anatomy scan next week. I’m not necessarily nervous that anything is wrong (although I stopped feeling the regular flutters). I’m just ready to be at the half-way point and get a good look at her.

EDD/weeks+days: May 4th/ 19 weeks + 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): mango 🥭, but as long as a hotdog 🌭?

Upcoming appointments: 12/17 Anatomy scan and 20 week appointment 

How are you feeling? Okay. I know the 2nd trimester is suppose to be the blissful time, but my body is not having it. These growing pains pretty much bother me all the time now. I know it’s a good sign but man, I don’t want to be this uncomfortable for the next 4 months. 

I’m doing nightly yoga which is helping me sleep but by morning my body is tight & achy again. I’ll probably have to start doing morning and nightly yoga.

Raves/Rants: It’s finals week! I have 4 weeks off work. I’ll still spend most of the time at the office prepping for next semester but I’m excited to wear leggings 24/7. 

Questions: How do your bumps feel? Before, the bump was just visible but it didn’t feel any different. Now it feels like the muscles in that area are tight and I feel a little pressure. I’m assuming it’s all apart of a growing uterus? (It’s not like Braxton Hicks contractions, it’s a constant feeling)

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? I don’t really have a sweet tooth but... Tamales Tamales Tamales!
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya The tight feeling is just your abdominal muscles being stretched to the max. It’s uncomfortable for sure. Unfortunately the third trimester is just
    guaranteed misery. You waddle when you walk, Braxton Hicks pop up just for sneezing too hard, everything is swollen and you’re over it. 
  • @rox7777 Awesome, can’t wait... 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • EDD/weeks+days:  May 7 / 18+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Blue

Baby is the size of a(n):  Artichoke

Upcoming appointments:  Thursday for AS!

How are you feeling?  Pretty good, except my skin hates me this pregnancy.  So far I've had shingles and last week I got a cold sore on my lip.  Just as it was healing, another one started on my cheek, which has never happened to me before.  At first I assumed it was a painful zit, but this morning I realized it was more likely a cold sore.  I feel so gross and I want to just hide in a cave somewhere.  Preferably a warm, comfy cave.  Okay, maybe just my basement den.  

Raves/Rants:  Aside from the skin stuff, things are pretty good.  We're enjoying all the Christmassy things with DS this year, and he's super into it!  This weekend, we're doing a Polar Express train ride and I'm so excited to see how much he enjoys it!

Questions: Does anyone take Lysine while pregnant?  I can't find much info about it online and my OB kind of just shrugged.  It's just an amino acid and helps with tissue health, and it helps prevent cold sores for me.  I've taken it as preventative before but stopped during pregnancy.  But this just can't continue like this!

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat?  My aunt makes these butterscotch spiders with crunchy chow mein noodles and they're soooo good.  She moved to SC a few years ago, and I miss them.  I have the recipe, but it's different when you have to out in the labor.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @newmomtx06 I am also nervous for my AS, for no real reason.  I hope we both feel better about things soon!

@rox7777 I feel like all I ever wanna do is sleep now, but not sure if it's pregnancy or just winter related.

@drkoyya Yep, you're just stretching out those abs.  It'll only get more and more stretched out and stiff from here.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• EDD/weeks+days: 19w 3d 5/2

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming appointments: this Thursday for my AS

How are you feeling? I’ve been feeling much better on a whole. I’m having some indigestion recently and pretty tired, but so much better than trimester 1!

Raves/Rants: I’ve never wanted a shower, and now my MIL is refusing the send my registry information to anyone in her family to get back at me for not having a shower. I’m sorry it’s my baby and my body and I don’t want 1 shower let alone 2 showers because her NJ side seems to think NY is too far to travel. Meanwhile I’ve gone to all family events in NJ including extended family.
     I can’t believe we are still talking about this. Her dramatics are so immature 🙄 can’t wait to spend Christmas there... 

Oh and she is also sending out a family Christmas card with a picture on it, and won’t tell my husband and I what the picture is...really 🙄🙄

Questions: My skin is super dry what is everyone using to combat winter skin?

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday treat? Cookies!
  • @babyfoxden10 Sorry about your terrible MIL! Can’t help you there but I do have a lotion recommendation: Vaseline Extremely Dry Skin Rescue. My hands get dry and cracked in the winter from all the hand washing/sanitizing for work. I’ve tried all the other stuff like Working Hands, but this is the only stuff that works and it works quick! I’ve started using it in my belly too.