Trouble TTC

TTTC Check In 12-2-19

Happy Monday & Happy December 
Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: You can have an unlimited supply of one thing (can’t be money) for the rest of your life, what is it? why?

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
B_1029:  Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI, clomid, trigger shot

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

@amgpg25 -Dx: Insulin Tolerance, Rx Clomid & IUI

Re: TTTC Check In 12-2-19

• @2dogsmom: so glad you are safe. I hope your next few weeks are not as stressful as the holidays.

AFM: I had my progesterone test yesterday, cd 22 and it was 15.7 which is better than last month. But my RE wants to see a min of 17.5 apparently. Anyways, now just have to wait a week and see what happens. 

QOTW: I love gardening and winters are a little slow. I wish I could have an endless supply of plants and home grown vegetables 🙂 Something very nurturing and exciting about seeing plants grow and thrive. Working on my indoor plants for now. 
  • @amgpg25 what's their reasoning for 17.5? Are there acceptable levels for progesterone in the TWW?

QOTW: You can have an unlimited supply of one thing (can’t be money) for the rest of your life, what is it? why?
    Honestly it's either going to be massages or airline miles lol.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Whoops totally forgot to post about me!

I start lupron tomorrow so yay.

Also we're getting 2 new hedgehogs on Saturday! Such cute boys.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @amgpg25 well at least it’s better! FX! I am also curious about the progesterone test — if it’s not where they want it why not give a supplement? 

@inthewoods23 yay for starting luperon— as much as it sucks at least it means you are moving towards your FET. 

And OMG those Hedgehogs are too cute!! They are so tiny!! I love the little faces! 

AFM: just waiting for AF still so I can start the next cycle. Caught some sort of bug that has resulted in a killer headache yesterday and today so hopefully can shake that quickly. I broke down and took excedrine yesterday for the first time in a year — I figure I’m probably not pregnant so I might as well take meds. 

QOTW: oh I am stealing @inthewoods23 answer of airline miles! Or hotel points! I would also love an unlimited supply of pencils. I teach middle school kids and I swear they manage to lose their pencil in the middle of class after I have already given them one — I probably go through 500 pencils a year and still have days when I don’t have one to give out (& I refuse to let kids sit and not work for lack of a pencil). 
  • I think in their opinion that is the minimum required before they give supplements. They do not believe the pregnancy will last if supplements are given when progesterone is so low. Anyways, AF showed up early! Today, was CD24 and is now cd 1 again 😖. Any ideas why it would come in early?
  • @amgpg25 what dpo were you at? And what is your usual LP length?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • 10dpiui. LP is usually between 12 and 14 days. Does that mean anything? Or make a difference? I am so annoyed for no reason at all. Last month I was very emotional, this month wasn’t that way. Almost just went through the motions. But completely annoyed now at not sure what. 😔
  • hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited December 2019
    @amgpg25 were you able to get in touch with your doctor or nurse team to discuss? Sorry you had to go through that. Feels so lonely and isolating when you feel like your body has failed and there's no answers from the medical team supporting you. Those emotions are completely valid and normal. I had iui cycles where I felt the same. 10dpo may seem short but it's still within the range of normal. Could be that the quality of that egg was just not the best.... even normal healthy women with normal supply have poor egg quality some cycles. Hope you've found something to treat yourself with and give yourself some space to go through those emotions. I can completely sympathize with the frustration and annoyance and feeling like the not knowing makes it that much more annoying and frustrating. 

@inthewoods23 😍😍😍 names??? Hope you're doing well with the lupron!

@2dogsmom hope you're hanging in there and you're over your bug. Is it an IUI cycle you're doing next?

AFM it was a crazy stressful and emotional week. I didn't even anticipate it so it took me that much more off guard. My sights were 100% on the retrieval and not at all thinking of a week of waiting on results. Sunday I had a meltdown when they told us that 4/5 were able to be fertilized the day before but only 2 looked good, 1 had degenerated overnight and 1 was a 1PN meaning it possibly was an abnormal or partial fertilization. Knowing that that wasn't even the big step for the embryos I felt like we had zero hope.

Day 3 they were tracking all 3 still. Day 5 they said one for sure would be eligible for freezing but they had to wait to biopsy for testing because it wasn't quite big enough yet. 4BA. We had another that was a 2BB that they were hoping would be big enough by the following day to biopsy and freeze and they told us that a 3rd degenerated. Day 6 the 2BB had grown to a 5BB and, surprise, the 1PN had grown to a 5BA and they were doing a biopsy and going to freeze. 

So long story short, we got 3 blasts frozen and we find out the results of PGT-A testing on the 19th. 

I had to really dig deep to find my faith this week and prayed my heart out. Thankful for MH, don't know what I'd have done without him this week. 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • @hithertorue yay for 3 blasts! That's great!

We picked up the boys yesterday. We've named them Basalt and Glacier in honor of our honeymoon to Iceland

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @amgpg25 sorry about your early cycle — I totally get how your feeling. I usually think I’ll be fine through an IUI cycle, and am ok on the TWW, but then still end up upset by AF. It’s just such a hard process. 

@hithertorue I’m so sorry you had such a roller coaster of a week, but 3 sounds really good!! Lots of potential there!! And with doing a FET they will really be able to increase your odds of success.  Will you be doing a mock transfer? What’s your timeline look like now?

Re my next cycle— we decided to try one last IUI cycle. I’m not sure if that’s a good idea or not, but the timing looked like the ER would be the week of Christmas and I’m going to have a house full of family and that just felt like a lot. Doing the IUI will be easier to do even with everyone in town, plus my doctor says sometimes after the HSG it clears out mucus plugs and anything else that could have been blocking so IUIs seem to work better, trying not to get hopes up but FX. 

@inthewoods23 they are SO CUTE!! And awesome re names that link to such a happy time!! 
  • @hithertorue: Hope this week is better for you. 3 is good. GL.

@inthewoods23: Those guys are sooooo cute and I love the names. 

@2dogsmom: How are you doing this week? I hope you are over the bug. Good luck with the IUI. Take care and stay calm with all your family around. I did not know that HSG could make a difference. This is good to know.

AFM: Thank you all for your kind support. I love all y'all. The drama for me continued this week. It has been a roller coaster ride that hasn't yet stopped.

As mentioned earlier I start AF Wednesday evening, but the bleeding stopped altogether on Thursday. I called my RE and they asked me to come in for a blood test. I had progesterone of 19 and HCG of 38. The nurse said the HCG maybe left over from the shot (I hadn't done a HPT as it was too early so I had no idea if there was a fading line from the HPT shot) and that the bleeding might have been implantation bleeding (I was positive it wasn't as it was as heavy as the first few hours of AF and I didn't think the color was any different) and everything was up in the air and they wanted me back on Saturday for another blood test. They also put me on 200mg of progesterone 3 times a day (600mg a day!!!). So I came home all confused and I was certain it was nothing. I did a HPT on Friday and I thought I saw the faintest line but I couldn't be sure. I did anyway take the progesterone and went back in on Saturday.  Saturday, my progesterone was 40 and HCG 100+. I had to confirm what I was hearing, I was in shock and disbelief. But it doesn't stop there. I got home and I starting spotting Saturday evening! I called the nurse on call Sunday and they have asked me to take bed rest for 3 days. So, I have to go back in on Tuesday for a blood test and maybe an appointment with the RE. I have to call and confirm today. I think my DH and I were cautiously happy for a brief few hours on Saturday. I am trying to be positive, I am praying hard and we are hoping for the best. FX. I am overwhelmed is an understatement. But either way I guess this is one step forward from last time. Have any of you had a similar experience? I would love to hear.

• Sorry for the long post.
  • @amgpg25 FX for you!! I've never had that but will be thinking of you. I do know that many women in the early days of being PG have spotting and it can be somewhat heavy in the early days. Hang in there. Hopefully good news tomorrow. 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • @amgpg25 how exciting and confusing! see spoiler for my experience with bleeding in early pregnancy

so i POAS on Nov 16 and got my first positive, had my beta the following week and it was 366 then 72 hours later it was 1300. the week of thanksgiving (around 5-6 weeks) i started spotting, and it looked like what happens when my period is starting - that brownish pinkish color. my RE did an US and saw that i have a subchorionic hemmorrhage that was causing the bleeding, but the baby/gestational sac/yolk sac all looked fine, so they put me on pelvic rest. the bleeding eventually stopped, but then this past week i forgot my progesterone one day and the spotting/bleeding started again, but then stopped after a few days of continued pelvic rest and just taking it easy. i had an US today and baby is measuring at 7w4d and is looking good, and it looks like the hemmorrhage is slowly healing. bleeding in early pregnancy can be really scary! but your betas are looking good, and hopefully they can get you in for an US soon so they can see whats going on in there. FX that all goes well for you! just take it a day at a time. and try to celebrate this as a win - like you said, this is one step forward from last time.
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @knockupthestock: thank you for the detailed reply. This makes me hopeful. Did you have any cramping too?
  • @amgpg25 ya, I still have cramping. Nothing super intense, but like small period cramps. My doctors said not to worry too much unless it was very painful cramping and bright red bleeding and/or clots. But definitely keep in communication with your doctor and their team...they're there to help!

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21