Group 3 (3/17-3/24) Check-in w/o 12/2

EDD/W+D

Team pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade?

(Shoutout to Group 2, whom I always steal these from haha ^_~* Gif my own addition tho.)

Re: Group 3 (3/17-3/24) Check-in w/o 12/2

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/20, 24+3

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Cravings/Aversions: Food. I’m just hungry always. Also I’ve been craving craft beer and H’s cousin got me some non-alcoholic beer at thanksgiving! So I’m working through a 6 pack of that.

Upcoming appts: 2 weeks from now

Rants/Raves: my hips, sit bones, and pubic bones ache. Also my feet are sore. I just feel like the next 3 months are going to drag so slowly.

Questions: None that I can think of right now.

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? Oh, gosh. 2012 was big—I got my current job, moved, and got married. And in 2016 the birth of my daughter. Those were definitely the highlights.
  • Options
    @kantobean you picked so many one highlights haha. i forgive you.

EDD/W+D
    : 3/21 24w2d

Team pink/blue/green: not tellling yet.

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya

Cravings/Aversions: Sweets. Fruit.

Upcoming appts: Wednesday!

Rants/Raves: General rant (it's so late at night) to say this week and part of next week are super crazy for me, so if I don't post as much or what have you, know that I'm mega-busy. More specific rant: just got a text that someone I went to elementary school w/ ODed. Friend of my brother's who I graduated with wanted me to know via text before I saw it on facebook. Upsetting, but also: not the first. I hope it's the last. Worse rant, in some ways: I am super freaking out we won't get health insurance coverage via health care dot gov for next year & I'll have to use a random ob for my birth and not do all those appointments leading up to my birth for XYZ reasons having to do w/ DH dropping the ball on some sh!t & I have so so sosososo so so so much to do this week, not even including being on top of our 2020 sign-ups but also that, that this isn't the stress I need in my life right now. Rave: I went to a yoga workshop where we wrote and did art and did yoga all related to pregnancy and birth tonight and that was nice & made me feel good, (until my healthcare freakout). 

Questions: none

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? Probably meeting and marrying the love of my life.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom does your husband have to be the one to sign up for healthcare? Or is it bc you are busy so he needs to step up and handle it? If he does it, can you still check he dotted all the i’s and crossed all the t’s? I am a control freak and would very much prefer to do it. We go through DH’s work insurance so I have to let him do it though ha. But their work sign up system is not as insanely complicated as the government’s. 

EDD/W+D: 3/18, 24w6d

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): puffin

Cravings/Aversions: not really

Upcoming appts: 12/17 glucose

Rants/Raves: rants: my sinuses are killing me, my UC will never go away, and I weigh a lot more at this stage of pregnancy than I did with DS. So I basically feel physically and emotionally like hot garbage. Rave: I feel lots of baby kicks and, aside from the effing incessant tantrums and emotions, DS is such a good toddler. He is such a good boy and I need to remind myself this when he is driving me bonkers.

Questions: i feel like I always have Qs and then forget them 

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? One thing?!?? Bah. A decade is a long a$$ time. Um. Running a sprint triathlon was one of the times I really dedicated most to myself and my personal growth so I’ll say that. Wonder if I will ever be able to dedicate that much time to myself again ha. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 24/ 24+1

Team pink/blue/green:  Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe

Cravings/Aversions: Craving smoothies.

Upcoming appts: glucose at end of the month

Rants/Raves
    Rant- trying to figure out insurance for the baby. My work insurance is completely unaffordable for a family plan, husband doesn't currently work and I make too much for assistance. So... Stress lol. 
    Another rant- people keep saying I don't look pregnant. This bothers me and I don't know why. I sure FEEL pregnant!
    Rave- MIL has reentered our lives and is flooding us with baby stuff. We basically have everything we need now.

Questions: I guess going back to not "looking pregnant" I'm almost 6 ft so I thought I would have monster babies and get huge. It's my first kid though so maybe everything is still stretching or its still too early and soon enough I'll be big? OB says my weight is good and everytging is measuring fine. Anyone else feel weird about their baby bump size or am I over thinking lol? 

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade?

It still feels like 2010 was a few years ago.... Highlight would be getting married and knocked up! 
  • Options
    @silverhope It's a loonnnngggg story  but he needs to do two things so that *I* can sign us up--he said he would help me with the signing us up part though, which is good, since I am so mega-frustrated with him--but it's really a one person job? These things he needs to do could have been done months ago when he was fighting me on how they "will get done, stop pestering me." Welp, we're less than 2 weeks from the deadline and here we are. (Sorry to be vague, but I have to be, if that makes sense). // I also always feel like I have questions and then forget them lol.
  • Options
    @vicxenhuntress FTM too but I feel like my bump is huge already and I’m scared of how big I’ll get by the end lol but I also have gained 25lbs already, no bueno - so maybe that’s why my belly is so big. I think everyone’s body holds baby and weight differently. My friend is due in a month and she is only a little bigger than me 😳 lol

@silverhope I’m feeling lots of kicks too FINALLY! It makes me so happy. Yesterday she was pretty low tho and I wasn’t a fan of cervix kicks...but I’ll take it!! Lol

EDD/W+D: 3/24, 24 wks. YAY VIABILITY! 

Team pink/blue/green: 💕

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe 

Cravings/Aversions: Still can’t seem to stay away from sweets. It’s a problem and makes me super nervous for the glucose test. (anyone else OCD and get annoyed when you can’t un-bold your answers? Lol)

Upcoming appts: dec 18th check up and glucose and anemia tests 

Rants/Raves: Just really happy to be feeling baby kick more regularly now. Also, we spent a boat load of money on Christmas decorations (indoor and outdoor) this year since we figure funds will be tighter once we have a child so my house is epic right now. 

I’m a FTM and feel like I’m totally procrastinating learning more about birth process and signing up for various classes. I don’t know if I’m being lazy - or maybe if I’m just trying to avoid bc I know when I start I’m probably going to get 100x more anxious and scared.

Questions: none. 

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? A lot of great things have happened in the past decade. But definitely marrying my husband in 2017! He is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my entire 33 years of life! 
  • Options
    @mrsc918 honestly you’d be fine even if you don’t go to any classes (unless you want a 100% natural birth and then you should prob learn the breathing). If you are gonna get an epidural, the only thing you really need to know is to either go to the hospital once your water breaks or to go when your contractions are close enough together (I think it’s like every 3-5 min, a min long, and they’ve been consistently at that pace for an hour—but you can google the exact timeframes). And then maybe a how to keep baby alive and diapered class ha, but that they will tell you at the hospital too. 

@kagesstarshroom  you are a nice wife. I would be UP my husband’s butt to get the two things done so I could register. I am a huge nag though and it frustrates the cr4p outta DH. He’s stuck with me now though ha. I hope he does what he is spsd to asap so you don’t have to stress or nag.

@vicxenhuntress everyone carries differently. I follow two fitness models on instagram and one didn’t look pregnant until 8 months and the other didn’t look pregnant ever. Google ‘Sarah Stage 9 months pregnant’ and you’ll see what I’m talking about. So you are fine. I wish I looked not pregnant ha. I feel like a freaking whale this time around.

• Options
    @vicxenhuntress I’m also tall, about 5’ 11” and I was reading an article yesterday about bump shapes and sizes and read that tall women’s bumps tend to look smaller because of our height: https://www.verywellfamily.com/concerns-about-your-pregnant-belly-2759765
    Also, like @silverhope said, if you have strong abs you won’t show as much!

EDD/W+D: 3/27 23w + 4d 

Team pink/blue/green: pink! 

Baby is the size of a(n): (pink) grapefruit lol

Cravings/Aversions: just super hungry for everything that I like (which of course is not healthy things). 

Upcoming appts: Had a check up today, heard LO’s heartbeat (always a wonderful thing!), next is January 7th for the glucose test.

Rants/Raves: Both a rant and a rave, Thanksgiving was so late this year that now I only have 3 weeks until Christmas to get everything ready! Excited to have another break from work so soon, but omg, too much to do!

Questions: asked mine on the questions thread already. 

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? Basically my entire life the way it is now happened in this decade! I met my husband in 2011, started on the right career path for me in 2013, married my husband and bought a house in 2017, and now pregnant in 2019. I think this is truly the decade that I’ve changed the most, even though I went through high school and college all within 2000-2009.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom ha, I’m not good at following directions!

lots of tall ladies on here! I’m also tall (6’) but my bump is definitely noticeable. Although I did have people tell me like two weeks ago they didn’t realize I was pregnant. I feel HUGE!
  • Options
    random question for you all to liven things up in here a bit: if you could choose the day you give birth, what say would you choose?

I’m due 3/20 but I think I’d choose 3/18 or maybe 3/15. I don’t want to give birth on St. Patrick’s Day and my nephew’s birthday is 3/16, so I’d like to avoid that. Plus I have spring break 3/6-3/15 so I would love to only work one or two days after that (I am planning to work basically up until giving birth, like last time).

I gave birth at 39+3 last time so I imagine I’ll do so around the same time this time, but who knows.
  • Options
    @kantobean I’m due 3/27 and since FTMs are usually late I’m actually hoping she’ll be born on 4/1. It’s my DH’s and my dating anniversary and it would be fun to play practical jokes on her for her birthday every year!
  • Options
    @kantobean everyone says this is mean, but I'd love for her to be born on the leap day 2/29. Except the birthstone for Feb is ugly. Second choice is March 2 (DH's grandpa's bday. DS was born on my grandmother's bday). DS was a little over two weeks early so I think I will go bonkers if I make it past 38 weeks this time (hence the earlier dates). 

• Options
    @kantobean, March 8 (current due date). It’s International Women’s Day! 
  • Options
    @kantobean I’m due 3/24 and I’d actually be very happy with that day! 3/5 is my best friend’s daughters bday, 3/14 is our cousins daughters bday, 3/17 is st Patrick’s day, and 3/19 is persian new year which I REALLY don’t want. 3/31 is DH and I’s dating anniversary so that would be cool but then cutting it close to Easter on some years plus from everything I’ve heard...u do not want to go even longer than 40 weeks bc it’s miderable lol but yeah, anytime on or after the due date would be ideal date-wise.

@silverhope I def do NOT want 2/29 bc then baby doesn’t really have a bday DAY except on a leap year lol but that’s like almost a month early so I’m hoping that’s unlikely. 
  • Options
    @silverhope I think 2/29 would be pretty cool! Unique for sure.

@mrsc918 I think the last few weeks are kind of miserable no matter what. I had DD at 39+4 and it still felt “late” to me. I imagine going over 40 would be really rough.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/24 24w 6d

Team pink/blue/green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

Cravings/Aversions: applesauce, rainbow sherbet, philly cheese steaks are all cravings. Not too many aversions anymore 

Upcoming appts: 24 week checkup today, most likely scheduling my glucose test soon (which I’m partially dreading)

Rants/Raves: we ordered a stroller, car seat, and crib on cyber Monday and it’s so exciting seeing the packages rolling in. Rant: my MIL thought it would be nice to show me pictures from last Christmas and tell me that ‘ I was much heavier then and she’s surprised that I haven’t gained much weight ‘... it caught me off guard but I had to laugh. I’ve only gained a couple pounds the last 24 weeks and my weight has definitely fluctuated the last few years—but not enough for me to notice. I guess she did though 🙈

Questions: not my question—my husband’s: “are we going to be taking professional pictures a lot for the next year?” Yes honey, get used to it 

Tough decision between getting married, graduating grad school, buying a house, finding out we’re pregnant...what an awesome decade it’s been!

@kantobean I love that question! My sister and my step dad both share a birthday of 3/20–so I’d like baby girl to have her own day. My late dad was 3/29 so I think that would be really special. We also have family born 3/26 and 3/30... so she only has a few options if she wants to come on her own day 😂
  • Options
    I have been so terribly MIA lately from our BMB board and I hope to make more of an effort for our remaining weeks here. Please forgive me! 

EDD/W+D: 3/23, 25 weeks!

Team pink/blue/green: Pink💗

Baby is the size of a(n): Rutabaga

Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings and luckily no more aversions.

Upcoming appts: 12/17 for glucose test and an ultrasound to check on my placenta location. At my A/S, I was told I had marginal previa so FX my placenta has been moving upward as my uterus grows. I know there is plenty of time for this to happen. 

Rants/Raves: I can't believe the 3rd trimester is right around the corner. This pregnancy is truly flying by which is bittersweet as it will be my last. Trying to saviour each kick from the inside as much as possible 💗

Questions

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? I have a few. I married DH in 2010, welcomed my DS in 2017, moved to a new home in 2017 and rounding out the decade expecting a DD makes it complete.
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    @kantobean, this is a fun question! I'd love a spring baby and right now my EDD puts me at 3/23. My DS is 3/9 so I hope more than anything they don't share a birthday (although, that would make for an early delivery). I'm not crazy about St. Patrick's Day either and worried about that with my DS (his EDD was 3/14). I delivered at 39+2 last time so we shall what happens! A lot of my delivery will depend on my placenta location this time around. :|
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020