Baby Names
Options

Help with Boy Name

Just found out that baby #3 is a boy!  We haven't found THE name yet.  Older siblings are Nolan and Vivian.  Here is our current list.  Thoughts?  Do you have other suggestions?  Thank you!! 

Cole
Owen
Grant
Dylan
Ethan 
River
Hudson
Hugh
Finn 
Gavin
Evan

Re: Help with Boy Name

• Options
    Benjamin
    Wesley
    Alexander
    David
    Eli
    George
    James
    Jack
    Landon
    Leo
    Phillip
    Porter
    Parker
    Shane
    Sullivan
    Silas
    Trenton
    Trevor 
    Tyler
    William
    Roman
    Jonathan
    Ezra
    Micah 
    Jeremiah
    Isaiah
  • Options
    If it ends in N it feels a little themey with Vivian and Nolan. I vote Grant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alexander would go great with Nolan and Vivian
  • Options
    I like Alexander.
  • Options
    Of the names on your list, I really only like Hugh. I rest are all kind of used a lot.
    suggesting
    Frederick
    Frank
    Michael
    Charles (Chuckie is cute)
    Curtis
    Jasper
    Harvey
    Lars
    Joseph
    John
    Alec
    William
    David
    Davis
    Edison
    Douglas
    Leo
    Dean
    Dino
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!  These ideas are super helpful.  I like Alex, but my best friend named her son that, so I can't use it.  I agree that ending with "n" is too matchy with our other names.  When I wrote our list, I realize how many we like end with "n," so that will be tricky.  
  • Options
    lanita22 said:
    Thanks Ladies!  These ideas are super helpful.  I like Alex, but my best friend named her son that, so I can't use it.  I agree that ending with "n" is too matchy with our other names.  When I wrote our list, I realize how many we like end with "n," so that will be tricky.  
    Would you consider: Maxwell, Maximus, or Maxim for the NN Max?  Similar to Alex. 

• Options
    For what it's worth - I like them all ending in "n" as it ties them together without being over the top. I really like Hudson with Nolan and Vivian. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Cole, Grant, Owen, & Finn are my favorites from your list, and any of them would work so beautifully with sibling's names! I personally see nothing wrong with all -n endings.
  • Options
    I've met more dogs named Finn than children, so take that for what it is worth!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    I wouldn’t focus on the “n” ending. Just choose what you like. From your list I like Owen best hands down.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!  I think you might be right that the "n" ending shouldn't be the determining factor.  I find boy names so challenging! 
  • Options
    For those of you who like Owen, do you think it's too much of a tongue twister with Nolan?  
  • Options
    It is a little bit of a tongue twister. But not too bad. 
    My personal favorite from your list is Grant.