May 2020 Moms

Randoms Dec 2-8

2»

Re: Randoms Dec 2-8

• @bananapanda Omg. Pretzel nuggets and nacho cheese were my kryptonite when I was pregnant with DS2. This time it’s been queso and chips or chips dipped in sour cream. Don’t ask me why. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing I've heard is some Mexican cheeses, like queso fresco, which are raw milk cheeses. I think we're all fine eating queso. And now I want nachos...
  • Today's barista asked if I was having a Christmas baby. 😒 
  • I'm sorry @ruby696 I really think tv and movies have skewed peoples view of what a full term pregnant person looks like. They always look like there are actually second-third tri, not ready to go.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @ruby696

I forget which thread I mentioned this, but I’ve been feeling like my bump just looks like fat. I’ve always been big but my stomach has never hung over my pants. Well a student (male) confirmed that thought yesterday. I mentioned I was pregnant and he said “REALLY?! OMG I never would’ve guessed!” 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya Wow, wrong thing to say! People.... *shakes head* What I really hate about it is that I feel like I have to justify the size of my stomach by explaining we're having twins. And I really don't like discussing what's in my uterus with strangers.
  • @rox7777 LMAO @ "skin sack"  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @ruby696 sorry I laughed at your barista! With DD, I was due middle of August and at the beginning of May someone said “I bet you’re glad that you’ll have that baby out before the real summer heat comes” 😑😑 I was like ...nope...
  • @rox7777 should not have read the end of this comment while taking a drink of water 🤣🤣🤣
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @drkoyya I have not been having a freak out about labor/delivery (yet), but about the fact that there will actually be a child at the end of this that my husband and I somehow have to figure out how to care for!  A tiny helpless baby that I am responsible for is a terrifying thought!

@rox7777 you are right about how tiny they really are.  It's been awhile since I've been with a newborn, but I remember when my friend had her daughter what stood out in my mind the most and stuck with me was how incredibly small she was.  I keep thinking a 7lb baby is smaller than my cat, and that's crazy to think a human can be that small!

@rox7777 you also mentioned that the state doesn't allow gas...  I had no idea that different treatments and pain management are or aren't available depending where you live.  One more thing to learn about!

@ruby696 yes, my thighs fill out my pants much more tightly these days (or don't fit at all!)  Definitely gaining weight places other than my bump.  My husband so kindly mentioned that he can now see my weight gain in my face, ugh.

I know we've mentioned cleaning and organizing and getting a room ready for a baby that's never been a baby's room in this thread and others.  What's left in our "baby" room, formerly guest room and storage room, is all my husband's stuff.  For awhile he's kinda been in denial that we're actually having a baby at the end of this.  Just the other day he said to me (unprompted) that he's gonna work on clearing the room out and asked me what color I want to paint it.  I was floored.  (he is NEVER a cleaner or organizer)  This may or may not be related to a recent meltdown about how I can't do it all alone and need his help to somehow get ready for a baby...  but it was almost 2 weeks later, so definitely not directly related, especially since I never mentioned the nursery in my meltdown. 
  • @pirateduck Definitely if you don’t want to go straight to epidural check your hospital and state policies. Our hospital just recently added birthing tubs, which weren’t available when I had DS2 in 2015! Gas seems to be popular in a lot of areas, but for some reason it’s still a no in GA. The military hospital I delivered at overseas in 2013 offered a morphine drip when I had severe back labor, but I’m fairly sure that’s not a regular thing. 
  • We will go over all the options in my Centering class, but I guess I just assumed that within the US they would all be the same!
  • Does anyone use the Expectful app?  Do you like it?
  • This week was crazy at work. I worked late every night but one and was running everywhere. I have a busy Monday this week and then it settles down for the rest of the week, I need some down time to catch up on things I couldn’t do while out on appointments all week.
  • DH and I were being intimate last night, just some PG-rated kissing, but I kept having to pause and it was ultimately cut short because my body couldn’t get comfortable leaning into Hubs. Then I finally got comfortable but I was putting pressure on my boobs and they were way to sensitive. These body aches/growing pains are real 🙄
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • We got the baby swing this morning and decided to put it together. DS2 (he’s 4) is now asking why he can’t be in the swing and can’t wear baby clothes. He’s walking around saying Gaga and asking for a bottle (he’s never used one). Seems like he won’t be as easy as a transition as I thought. 
  • I have been working on the nursery/guest room/junk room this morning.  Working on the house is something I enjoy, so it’s a productive way to de-stress a bit.  I’m excited because I can walk in there again, the closet is almost empty so I can start putting baby stuff in there, and I was able to measure and I will be able to put a crib in there without getting rid of the existing twin xl bed.  I like to be able to have an extra bed for guests or for napping in the room with the baby is needed or for when baby’s older.  I hate disposing of good furniture especially if it’s something I could use and would just have to re-buy in future.  Soooo...  progress.  Also my car seat came in the mail, but we haven’t opened it yet.  We want to be sure it’s easy to install and fits well in both vehicles, and also decide if it’s worth it to get a second base or it’s easy enough without the base.
  • @rox7777 I remember being of an age and playing “babies” with friends where we would all pretend to be babies, babble, crawl around the house.  I also remember that my parents couldn’t stand this!
  • @pirateduck DS1 was 2.5 when DS2 was born, but he just never really went through all of this. He’s always been a helper and a great older sibling. He loves babies. I guess DS2 is just used to being the little one since he’s had a longer run and he nursed and coslept for a long time. He’s so excited about the baby so I hoped we could skip the jealousy phase.

Also, we’re doing a twin bed in the nursery for the same reason. I also have a really nice queen blow up mattress that we can drag out, but it’s nice to be able to catch a nap during the day or have something for short stay visits. 
  • I had a very traumatic c section birth and a very chill vaginal birth; but I’ve heard horror stories of vaginal births like @shamrocandroll. Every birth is sooo different; they can really go so many different ways. 
  • @austenista Yay!! I bet that’s the best Christmas present you could have ever imagined (aside from buying a house). Are they still in the dark about baby?
  • @Austenista so glad you are finally getting your own space, even if it's not exactly what was initially planned. Must be such a relief!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @Austenista I’m glad you guys are moving out even if it is a temporary location! It’s sooo much better having your own space. Will you just continue the house hunt while there? Or is it on pause fully?
  • @Austenista Yay for getting out!  That will be so much better for your anxiety!  

Also, for some reason, whenever I try to tag you, TB puts quotation marks around your name.  You're the only one it does that to!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @Austenista I know this isnt how you envisioned things but you are going to feel so much better once you get settled in.  Good luck with the move.  The tree will make it feel like home immediately, and I know from experience it will be great to get your stuff outta storage.  
  • @shamrocandroll how odd! TB won't let me tag anyone, I have to type everyone's names out manually when I want to interact. It's very annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shamrocandroll I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH HER! Haha I thought that I was just typing something stupidly but it always happens with Austenista! 
  • @shamrocandroll & @mokay19 I have the same issue with her username too! The quotes don't show up once I post though.

@Austenista I'm gad you found another solution. Having your own space will be nice. I hope the house hunt can resume, but hopefully now it won't feel as pressured to get something quick.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @Austenista congrats on the apartment! I know it's not a house, but I'm sure it will make a huge difference just to have your own space. Enjoy having Christmas there!
  • @drkoyya I love those colors!

@Austenista so glad you are finally getting out!  I bet you will be much happier! Also - same with the quotes when I tag you.  It seems there is a space after your name maybe?