May 2020 Moms

Bump in the Night- December

Because baby is preparing us for our new reality, sleepless nights!

Re: Bump in the Night- December

• Anatomy scan at 8:30 this morning. H has been up since 4 and now I can’t fall back asleep...too excited to see baby again!! Good thing I took the whole day off work 😴
  • Between not being comfortable in any position and my dog constantly moving all night I am so exhausted 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamaj1220, I also cannot get comfortable! I was exhausted today, we had DD birthday party. 7 1-3 year olds in my house. I went to sleep at 9, and finally found my position and turns out the dog just threw up...so now I lay awake unable to go back to sleep...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau I work with a little girl with autism on the weekends (I have worked with her since she was 2 so I just like to keep her) and I have to take her ninja kids today, I’m worried I’m too tired to do it. 
  • @mamaj1220, GL girl! I hope you get to rest afterwards.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• @queenklau thanks! She was great and needed a lot less help than I was expecting!
  • I’m such a mess recently I actually broke down tonight :(
    The next two weeks are going to be insane between work, presenting at a PTA meeting, running a book study, piloting the first ever 3 day Hour of Code event, the end of my internship, getting in all my hours, submitting 3 huge projects with artifacts, plus trying to get ready for the holidays... I haven’t slept in weeks and I’m seeing that is going to be the trend. CRAZY dreams every night aren’t helping. 
    I just want to get to 2020 and start counting down to maternity leave with my little one and just be Mom. 
  • I am awake for no apparent reason, but I can't fall back asleep because I'm fretting about one of our bunnies. She hasn't pooped in a few hours, which is not good for buns, so if she still hasn't by the morning we're off to the vet first thing. 
  • So we’re visiting family out of state and would love to tell them the gender of the baby BUT my anatomy scan isn’t until January. My DH and I have talked about paying out of pocket for a 2d US place that can tell us before which I would be 17 weeks and some days. But then I read that at 17 weeks it could be inaccurate. So I’m here awake still going back and forth in my brain. Anyone have any experience with these type of places?
  • My son has hit his 18 month sleep regression so hard. I’m running on fumes 😭
  • DS has puked a trial from his bedroom to the bathroom 4 times in the past hour. I’m tired and cranky now and the poor kid just wants to sleep and was crying to me “I’ve been puking all night make it stop”.
  • Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3Y3848?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This side sleeper has been helping me not roll while I sleep and it’s less intrusive in the bed. Just thought I’d share! 
  • @Dinlove with DD1 we went to one of these ultrasound places at 15 weeks exactly and they were very easily able to tell us she was a girl.  I've heard people have been told the wrong thing before, but I think it's infrequent and often the US tech would tell you if they aren't 100% confident.  I think at 17 weeks your odds should be really good of being able to clearly tell as long as baby cooperates. 
  • it stormed overnight so we allowed the dogs in bed with us. My littlest pup doesn’t seem to understand boundaries for personal space. She keeps making it difficult for me to get comfortable and it’s hot in here so her extra body heat isn’t helping either. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD has croup, so she’s been awake at 10:30, 11:45, and now 2:30. Thank goodness I don’t have to go in to work tomorrow.
  • @soprano19 Oh no, I hope it passes quickly! DD had Croup at 14 months and then again at 26 months, it sucks!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua I think this is her third time having it. It’s never warranted an ER visit or steroids for us, and H actually had it several times as a kid too, so he was really good and calm the first time she had it and I was kind of freaked out. It’s just scary for her when she coughs herself awake, and her fever spiked overnight. We ended up awake again at 3:30 and at 6:15. Luckily I got her back to sleep after the last one, so now it’s 8:00 and I feel a little more human.
  • I'm glad she and you are getting some sleep!

With DD, the first time she got croup we ended up in the ER for steroids, she had stridor by that point and a fever of 105!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Of course I had to pee so now I’m awake, but I’m more concerned about this swollen gland I woke up with. Hopefully it’s just nasal drip/stress, but I have a history of bad strep 🤞🏼 Please be nothing I can’t take the usual antibiotic/steroid combo I usually take 😣
  • I fell asleep watching TV with MH around 9, so I went to bed. I was fast asleep until about 2, then got up to pee and now here I am. Relocated to the couch in hopes of getting tired again. 😴 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3