May 2020 Moms

Birth Stories... possible TW's

Here is a place for us to share our birth stories (any and all) with as much or as little detail as you want.

Be warned that this post may have some triggering stories. Also note that everyone is different and every birth is different. One persons experience has no bearing on your own.

If you really like reading or listening to birth stories I highly recommend The Birth Hour podcast.
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Birth Stories... possible TW's

• Loading the player...
  • @chewie5990 I wonder why the standards for VBACs are so varied. My OB won’t induce, but she also won’t let me go past 39 weeks. If I make it to week 39 I go in for a scheduled CS. They have it scheduled ahead of time just in case I don’t go into labor on my own. 
  • @rox7777 That's interesting. I went to 40+5 before starting labor naturally with my VBAC. My doctor wasn't concerned at all.
  • @ruby696 She says she’s cautious because I’ve had two early babies and that could be due to any number of reasons that leaves her hesitant to go past 39. She also believes the risks for CS go up once you get to the 39 week mark. Basically, better to be safe than sorry.

Shes also convinced I make big babies and that’s why I labor early, because my body “can’t handle it”. I wouldn’t say her office is the most forward thinking, but I’m glad she also didn’t push me to have another CS right off the bat. 
  • @rox7777 Well at least she's letting you try. Hopefully it works out!
  • @ruby696 Thank you! I’m hopeful. I did go into labor with both boys on my own so my concern is more so with having a premie versus having another CS. And honestly I’m okay with either. I think that’s benefit of having experienced both, I know what to expect either way.
  • @rox7777 - I definitely believe it varies quite a bit from doctor to doctor or practice to practice. My OB actually had this computer program that she plugged in a bunch of "stats" and it gave the result "40% chance of VBAC" it was kinda interesting! Since the only reason I had a c-section was "failure to progress" she said she was comfortable to plan on waiting up until 42 weeks - I didn't have any high blood pressure, DS was still on the average size even a week overdue, and there was no distress to baby - so she doesn't feel any need to plan an earlier delivery date. Obviously all of this may change depending on how things turn on but I'm still trying to be cautiously hopeful for a VBAC this time around. 
  • I don't doubt that @shamrocandroll
  • Curious if those of you who vomited during/after labor also experienced vomiting during pregnancy? I'm wondering if some people are just more prone to it generally or if it's a total crap shoot.
  • @lisush I would think all the meds your body isn’t used to combined with the extreme mental and physical strain is enough to make anyone vomit, unfortunately.
  • @lisush I didn't vomit at all with DS and DD. It's just part of transition for me. Labor, vomit/transition, push. I will say, it was worse with DS, but I'm guessing because back labor was worse in general. 🤷‍♀️
  • @lisush vomiting during transition is actually pretty common when I listen to a lot of birth stories. Even with unmedicated births people vomit during that time. Your body is doing a LOT so I think it’s panic mode 😂
  • @lisush I only had minor nausea in pregnancy and no vomiting. During labor I vomited when I first got to the hospital (~5cm) and that was it. I wasn’t on any meds yet. I did not vomit in transition.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I’ve also heard that women either puke or poop before and during labor in order to purge their bodies. I have a fairly low tolerance for medication in general, so that likely has something to do for me.
  • @jhysmath I totally get you. There's something about the surprise of going into labor and going through the process, that just feels important. I've already told my OB that i do not want to schedule a c-section with the twins unless it's medically necessary, even though there is nothing fun about being in labor. I really hope you have the birth you want this time.
  • @lisush @pirateduck I actually think it's just part of transition. That last part of going from 9 to 10cm is the hardest part of the whole labor, and lots of women vomit and shake regardless of whether or not they choose medication. 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @jhysmath I am with you, being induced I would like to go naturally this time to see the difference.