This week’s product spotlight will be: Nursing bras, clothes, accessories
  • Favorite nursing bras?
  • Favorite nursing tanks or tops?
  • Anything else?

Re: Product Spotlight: Nursing Bras/Clothes/Accessories

• Options
    daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited December 2019
    So last time I bought two nursing bras from Target which I actually hate and don’t plan to use again. I also bought two nursing tanks from Target which weren’t awful, but they flared out at the bottom and I prefer a fitted tank.

This time I plan on buying some nursing bras and hands-free pumping bras from Kindred Bravely.

And I want to get some cute nursing shirts from Latched Mama.
  • Options
    I'm glad this was the spotlight! I was going to ask about these! I've been getting all the ads for nursing tops lately and wondering if they're worth it. I'm pretty much a homebody and probably will be with baby for a while. Nevermind the finding plus size options! I'm just glad to see Lane Bryant have a couple of nursing tank and bra options!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe I love latched mama! I have a few shirts and a sweatshirt that I love!

I have motherhood brand no wire bras that I really like. I have. Few nursing tanks from motherhood as well. They aren’t my fav but they work. I like having a nursing tank on under my shirt to keep my stomach covered up. 
    I highly recommend Latched Mama. I just read reviews to help determine sizing and have really loved everything I’ve gotten. 
    I was given the reusable breast pads Not bamboobies but something similar and I like them a lot better then the disposable ones. 
  • Options
    I want to try Latched Mama! I also got a nursing top from Stitch Fix in my last box. It's super cute!
  • Options
    I also had an infinity scarf from Target that is used for covering up while nursing. Hated it. Hated covering up. Rock on if that’s how you prefer to feed. But it made us both hot and agitated, and I needed to see his face. I just did the nursing tank/t-shirt combo and it worked for us, and no one saw anything. DH’s male teenage cousin didn’t even realize I was nursing across from him at Christmas until he came up close (then he was flustered for “invading” my breastfeeding space).
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe yes for hating covers! My kids hated being covered up. It’s pretty easy to keep everything pretty covered with just the tank/shirt combo. I would leave the room once they got older bc they were too nosey and wanted to see what was going on instead of eating. 
  • Options
    • Favorite nursing bras? Regular bra but the foam kind with no wires. I'd just fold it down under my boob. I don't like the detachable clip bras.
    • Favorite nursing tanks or tops? I do the 2 shirt method. I wear a regular tank under a regular shirt daily and pull the boob out in the middle. I don't like the detachable clip nursing ones.
    • Anything else? You can get by without buying any special nursing clothes or bras and still exclusively BF. Never wear a dress you can't pull a boob out of (you'll realize too late you have to get naked to nurse). Also know the law in your state with regards to nursing. I don't cover at all ever, and when I've received comments I make sure to tell people that there opinion is irrelevant and that the law protects my right to BF anywhere I want without covering. "Mind your own tits grandma" is also effective.
  • Options
    @craftywitch LOL at mind your own tits. 

Honestly I never got a sideways look or anything while nursing and didn't use a cover. I did have some of the latched momma shirts which are pretty discrete though, and allow you to stay warm which is great in NE in the winter. Every state allows you the right to breastfeed in public.

The only odd looks I got for my entire first baby was from pumping on the plane and in the spa locker room. Hence my buying a wireless pump this time.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    Ok this is what I ordered for myself from Kindred Bravely on cyber Monday:

I just didn’t like my old ones from Target because the cups were too stiff, and therefore hard to tuck under my boobs for nursing or pumping. Plus I didn’t have a pumping bra.

I tried them on and here’s what I love:

Simply Sublime Nursing bra- soft material, the cups are soft and easy to tuck under my boob. There are 3 hooks in back, so good support.

Sublime nursing and pumping bra- I never had a pumping bra so I’m very excited. Material is soft, cups are soft so easy to tuck. There are two sets of clasps, one to have access for just pumping, and another to release the other layer to nurse. So convenient! There are 4 hooks in back for good support. 

Racerback sleep bra- I love it because it’s like a sports bra! I often wore sports bras at home for nursing, but they were harder to pull my boob out of. This bra criss-crosses to its easy to pull out a boob.