July 2020 Moms

Cravings and Aversions

busymom247busymom247 member
edited November 2019 in July 2020 Moms
I thought this would be a good/fun separate thread rather than mixed in with symptoms.

(I'm not a new, yes I know how boards work as I was on another Bump birth month club with DS and I'm in that FB group and we are very close. This is a new name)

Re: Cravings and Aversions

• My cravings change daily. Sometimes umami, sometimes sweet.  Really digging on Bolthouse Green Goodness juice lately.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Cravings let's see. I would say salty and sour things most of the time. It seems like when i get a craving for something it goes away when i get it. I craved a cheeseburger one day and then when I went to get it the smell of the overwhelming amount of chemical smoke flavor made me so sick. I could hardly eat it. 
    Aversions- breakfast foods so far :(. Eggs and sausage. It could just be that it's at breakfast time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm craving lots of carbs but that also normal for me not pregnant!  I'm loving bagels and cream cheese right now.  And bagels with avocado. And bagels with peanut butter... you get the idea  :D
  • Cravings are hitting me when I see pics of something. A recipe shared on Facebook for goulash had me running to the store. A dominoes ad had me grabbing a thick digiorno pizza, I want sprite. But then after I have it once I don't want to see/smell it again. 
  • @dancingtreepose I had a blueberry bagel for breakfast this morning! aha. 

I got the most random craving for Burger King this morning.. I generally don't even like Burger King. 
  • Cravings: I rarely drink orange juice but I bought a costco four-pack of oj. Something about the sourness of oj is appealing to me. I've also been enjoying grapes a lot, but I should probably eat less of them since I read they have high sugar content. I'm craving peanut butter on toast. I have toast but no peanut butter, and it's snowing all day so I probably won't be able to pick up some peanut butter until tomorrow. :(

Aversions: I used to enjoy the occasional mcdonalds, but now I'm completely put off at the thought of it. Also yams, blegh.
  • nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited December 2019
    Cravings: 2% milk. (I don’t drink regular milk. And my husband decided it’s probably been over a decade since I’ve drank 2% milk.) also, I’m a general lover of carbs and it’s just gotten Way worse.

aversions: fresh veggies. Or most veggies really. Which sucks because for a couple weeks before finding out, I was doing great healthy eating wise. Now it hasn’t been too great, hoping that I can get back to it! 
  • Typically, it’s carbs. But the last couple days it’s been a craving for “fresh” foods. Maybe it’s just a backlash from the junk food filled holiday weekend, but I swear nothing smelled so good as the apple aisle in the grocery store today. I bought a big bag of honeycrisp because they were practically screaming my name 😂. I’ve been inhaling clementines as well. 
  • Lemonade and matzo ball soup. Mmmmm
  • I'm annoyed, because carbs (which I normally limit) are the things that least prompt the "quease" right now.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Canned peaches. Yum! Cool and refreshing and fruity. 
  • I just threw away my lunch of shredded chicken and potatoes because the thought eating it was worse than eating nothing. Apparently my lunch today will just be chips and almonds 
  • I can only stomach saltines, peanut butter Perfect Bars, bagels with plain cream cheese, and Honey Nut Cheerios. Honestly have an aversion to everything else.. can’t even open the fridge without gagging. 

Just surviving over here 👈 
  • @krissie_farmer_girl I just had some of those last night after nothing sounded good. I spotted a can and was like yep those. So good! 

Today I’m actually craving a chic-fil-a chicken wrap but with crispy chicken and I can’t wait to eat it lol I’m just happy I actually want food today! 

• @hbird0723 that's what I had for lunch! Well, the grilled chicken.... but still, samesies! lol
    (bonus... I got my entire order for free b/c I had lots of points built up on the app. Whoop whoop!)
  • I still don’t want anything sweet. My coffee is just not tasting as good as it normally does. So disappointing because I need coffee to survive with my 3 year old, 2 year old, and 10 month old.

Still eating jalapeños from the jar 😬
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • blaf322 said:
    @hbird0723 that's what I had for lunch! Well, the grilled chicken.... but still, samesies! lol
    (bonus... I got my entire order for free b/c I had lots of points built up on the app. Whoop whoop!)
    Yes!! As my youngest says... twinsies 😂 I found out they won’t do crispy at all the chic-fil-a’s. I thought it was a thing every where until I tried it at 2 other places. Yay for free!!

• I was craving a burger today but other than that no real cravings yet. 

For aversions I’ve hated coffee every pregnancy. I always try really hard to still drink an iced coffee here and there but I can never finish them. Chicken has also been making me sick to look at lately 
  • amb0524amb0524 member
    edited December 2019
    I have had way more aversions than cravings :neutral: I see a picture of something and it sounds good, as soon as I get it, I get grossed out. I just try to have small meals in case it wastes. Meat has felt nearly impossible for me to eat right now. Ground beef makes my stomach flip even looking at it. 
  • @amb0524 same.. ugh. The aversions are killing me. I’m a vegetarian so I don’t eat meat but even my meat alternatives and beans don’t sound good. Struggling to get protein..🤢
  • hbird0723hbird0723 member
    edited December 2019
    @amb0524 and @shaqn0sis same here! I was excited to post about my chic-fil-a wrap because something finally sounded good but most the time I just have to gag down the thing that sounds least appealing. Even opening the fridge or talking about food will make me feel sick. I didn’t have aversions as bad with my first 2 so this is a first for me. No fun! 

Edit to say: I made a protein shake today and decided to buy some things from the store that are like meal replacements I guess because the doctor suggested it. I thought better to drink what I need than end up like I was yesterday... it was bad! Anyway, maybe that would help? I don’t know why I hadn’t even thought about it until she mentioned it. 

• This morning I had a giant bagel with cream cheese. And a side of bacon. No regrets!
  • *intro'd today - hi!

Came to this thread for some inspiration, because I'm with @modoodles , once I eat something, it is dead to me. Can't see it, can't think about it, so I'm worried I'm running out of foods lol.

My cravings have been mostly fast food, which has been wreaking havoc on my digestive system but I figure now is the time to eat whatever I can eat and I'll balance it out later on (at least that's what I've been telling myself). So today for lunch I had Wendy's nuggets and baconator cheese fries (facepalm emoji). And now just typing that makes me want to hurl.
  • I feel like this should almost have a TW but H made pickled hard boiled eggs and the container they are in is a bit leak-y and I feel like I know the definition of "irreconcilable differences" because now nothing in the fridge looks good due to these eggs.
  • @pocketrose Not gonna lie, I'd throw them out and wouldn't feel bad about it for even a second.
  • @kristinl492 a bagel with cream cheese sounds amazing right now. 

I’m in this weird place where I like to eat meat but I don’t like the smell of it cooking. Such a conundrum! 
  • Apparently I have an aversion to anything resembling food lol. Even French fries did me in yesterday. 
  • @pocketrose oh absolutely not! I'd toss it all and start all over 😂

@meanjellybean I wish I had fast food options! We are a half hour from anything simple like McDonald's or dairy queen or Culver's, but that's it for fast food around here. I'd have to go an hour and a half for a Wendy's or a taco bell.. actually,  Taco Bell sounds amazing right now...
  • edited December 2019
    Edited because it showed this didn’t post when it did lol 
  • Mostly the only things that don't set off my quease-dar are carbs.  Which are also the things I digest worst.  Ugh.  Catch 22.  I'm trying to ease in as much non-carb stuff as possible though.
    Current pregnancy -

• Why did I eat pizza? 🤢

• I just crave all the salty things.  Im normally not a sweet tooth person anyway and always choose salty and savory over sweet when given the choice but I feel its way amped up now and I want to literally have every salty thing I can see.  I want cheese and prosciutto, salad dressing drenching everything, mashed potatoes with so much gravy, everything savory.   
  • I'm currently eating cucumbers and drinking chocolate milk.
    Current pregnancy -

• Last night I was hardcore craving salt. My MIL had made burgers so I threw a couple of dill pickles on. Soooo good. I also really want avocado for some reason. I had it on a sandwich when DH and I were out on Tuesday and the taste has just stuck with me.

The only aversion I've been noticing is white beans. I never really liked them, but now the idea of eating them makes me want to puke. So many recipes in my pregnancy cookbook have them in it for iron  :s
  • @modoodles noooo! Fast food food desert!
  • The smell of just about anything has me turned off. I usually love cooking, but now just the thought makes me lose any appetite I might have at the time. I do fine with getting take out, I just can't stomach the thought of prepping/smelling the food 🤢. My poor hubby, we're going to go broke indulging my eating habits right now 🤣
  • bliips said:
    The smell of just about anything has me turned off. I usually love cooking, but now just the thought makes me lose any appetite I might have at the time. I do fine with getting take out, I just can't stomach the thought of prepping/smelling the food 🤢. My poor hubby, we're going to go broke indulging my eating habits right now 🤣
    this happened to me last night and i thought DH was going to lose it!  i had this intricate meal planned-portobello mushroom caps stuffed with ground turkey, peppers and mozz cheese-pulled everything out of the fridge and onto the counter, looked at it and said, actually nah im ordering pizza

ill try again tonight :smiley:
  • Yesterday I ordered Indian food for lunch and literally sat at my desk and dealt with insane mouth watering for 45 minutes until it came (excess saliva is one of the many not cute symptoms that hits me fast and early). 

I was diagnosed with celiacs disease in June, so I think I’ll actually be a lot healthier this time around, but doing a whole pregnancy without bagels or pasta sounds so hard. 😭😭😭
  • @Pascal86 i dont think i would have made it this far without carbs.  best of luck with the celiac!!!
  • No aversions yet, I’ve been wanting to eat salty things which might be because my blood pressure is low. I’ve been really hungry though. Last pregnancy I had gestational diabetes and I am trying to stay healthy and keep my blood sugar nice and stable. So every day I start out swearing I will be good and follow the GD diet from last time. I have a nice protein shake and balanced snack. By 11am I am raiding the work kitchen looking for anything I can get my hands on, like delicious Christmas cookies and leftover pizza 🤦‍♀️