May 2020 Moms

TTGP Check-in 12/5

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Check-in 12/5

• What's going on this week? Not much. It's been raining, so I've tried to avoid the outdoors. Otherwise, just working and spending time with MH and kids. 

How far along are you? 17 weeks.

Upcoming appointments? OB appt next Friday and AS on the 23rd.

Cravings/Symptoms? No real cravings, although I did ask MH to bring home cheesecake the other day. But dairy is good for you, right?? I'm still tired and starting to need to clean my house. Otherwise, I feel pretty good. Just getting big and uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I got to work at 6:00 today, so I feel like I should be able to leave at 3:00. But that looks bad, right? So I'll probably stay until 4:00. It's going to be a long day.

Questions? How are you all doing on names? We are so meh on everything. I know it's early, but it worries me that we're just going to settle since we can't find anything we love.
  • What's going on this week? Decorating the tree and house tonight. We are taking DD to go see Frozen 2 tomorrow. It will be her first movie theater experience. I think she will do great. Sunday is my nieces first birthday party.

How far along are you? 17 weeks!

Upcoming appointments? December 19th for the anatomy scan!

Cravings/Symptoms? Yesterday and today I have been so hungry! I was reading on my apps that baby is putting on fat so that is probably why I'm more hungry. I still haven't gained much weight, but I think I will soon with how much I am eating. Other than that, RLP in my pelvis and ute, vivid dreams, and I feel like my hips are widening, my gait is off.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I finished almost all of my birthday and Christmas shopping last night! Now I just need to organize and wrap everything. Oh and clean my house, there is so much clutter and we still have birthday decorations up from DD's party 2.5 weeks ago.

Questions? Nope

@ruby696 We have not even started on names. Probably wont start thinking until after our anatomy scan and we find out what we are having.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • @m6agua Yeah, it helps to know what you're having for the name discussion. Since we're having one of each, i feel like we need to start early. Finding four names we both like feel impossible.

I'm so impressed that you're done shopping and wrapping! I'm *mostly* done with shopping but I haven't wrapped anything yet. I hate wrapping. 
  • @ruby696 Oh no, I haven't wrapped yet. Just shopping done. I need to make one online order tonight for 2 items already in my cart. Then I have my 2 nephews to buy for, but no one has given me a list, interests or clothing size even though I've been asking for the last month. I'm hoping to do wrapping in the next 3 days. First birthday party is Sunday so I definitely need to wrap that one.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Hiiii ladies!  I must confess, this is my favorite weekly check in, but I have a hard time remembering to start it on Thursdays.  Thanks for starting, @jrouge12!

@ruby696 I always have that inner debate too.  Like today I was here at 7am, but people don't know that when I'm walking out with my coat on around 3:30-4pm.  But then if I do leave early, I can actually get something done before picking up DS, which is so rare.

@m6agua I really want to take DS to see it, but MH isn't interested and I'm not sure I want to try it for the first time solo, haha.  But he's really good at actually sitting and watching movies now.  One of the issues is we don't have any decent movie theaters around here.  But I'd love to make a day trip out if it!  I'm impessed you're almost done shopping!  I still have some left to do.  Not TOO much, though.  

What's going on this week?  Work has been really busy.  DS is coming down with a cold and was coughing a lot last night.  I had to come in early today to do my 3rd shift technician's year-end review and I didn't get to say bye to DS, which I always feel bad about.  But overall, a decent week.

How far along are you? 18 weeks today!

Upcoming appointments?  AS on 12/12

Cravings/Symptoms?  Well now I want queso thanks to one of the other threads.  :lol:  But otherwise, I've been craving all the stuff that gives me heartburn, which is a fun inner conflict.  

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  I just sent a meeting request to my 1st shift tech (who is my favorite) to go over his review tomorrow.  I set it from 9am-10am, and he accepted it with the response "Okay, but do you really think it will take this long?"  I was really confused because I thought an hour was a reasonable length of time, but then I looked up and saw I somehow set it for 9am Friday - 10am Saturday.  LMAO!  🤦‍♀️

Questions?  Not really, but @ruby696 I am still very concerned about what we're going to name this baby.  Boy names are SO DIFFICULT!!!  

**TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll Boy names are impossible. I loved one name and DS has it already. Ugh.
  • @ruby696 Exactly my problem too!  Like, can I just name them the same thing and call them 1 and 2?  :lol:  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I'm very traditional about names and especially about spelling. MH likes "creative spelling." 🙄 I put my foot down hard there. So everytime I suggest an okay name, he starts looking for stupid ways to spell it. I tell him I'm going to send him out for ice when it's time to fill out the paperwork at the hospital.
  • @ruby696 Oh man cheesecake. It's one of those things I think about a lot. Is it a real craving? IDK. But if I'm at the grocery store alone I pick up a two-slice pack to share with DH. And yes, its dairy, so um calcium. 

@m6agua How old is DD? I know my 3.5 year old niece had a hard time seeing Frozen 2. Let's just say there's a part where it's not clear if a beloved character is ok... We didn't take DD because she watched the first at home and she was upset the whole time that Anna and Elsa were apart. She had us fastforward through a lot. Yay for finishing shopping. I'm at a loss for what to get my parents. 

@shamrocandroll I started earlier because I wanted to have a fun thread to read during my lunch! I think a multi day review sounds reasonable! 😝 Baby brain is the best excuse!

What's going on this week? Long but short week. We had a snow day Monday and a 2-hour delay Tuesday but I had to be at school until 7 last night (I get here at 6:45 am). I was so tired this morning. 

How far along are you? 16+5

Upcoming appointments? Monday for a check up but I'll be scheduling my AS which is exciting. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Nothing out of the ordinary...heartburn, peeing, occasional headaches, RLP. Cravings? There's things I want but can usually resist (definitely thinking about cheesecake...) so I'm not sure that's really a craving. I was the same with DD. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? It's St. Nicholas eve! I made the tradition fit what I want for DD a few years back, so she'll leave her shoe out tonight and St. Nicholas brings new Xmas jammies, books, and treats. I also put yummies in mine and DH's shoes. Usually I'd leave myself a bottle of wine but not this year!

Questions? Nope.
  • @jrouge12 Yes, calcium! I didn't even think about that! I'm supposed to have dairy before bed, and a small bowl of ice cream is okay, so I think cheesecake is fine too. 😁
  • @ruby696 Why dairy before bed? I have a small bowl of vanilla ice cream because it soothes my heart burn but if I can justify two ways!!??
  • @ruby696 we have not even started to think of names. We will probably decide after we find out what we’re having.
    @m6agua Good job on the shopping! I still have a little bit left to do. I have a friend who loves the wrap so I’m hoping I could convince her to wrap my gifts for me.

@shamrocandroll I also have queso on the brain. Either fortunately or unfortunately I live somewhere where queso is very available.
    A
    @jrouge12 I love Saint Nicholas day! We need to put on her shoes tonight. Thanks for the reminder. 

What's going on this week? We have DH’s holiday party tomorrow and we are getting a hotel for the night while my mother watches DD. So excited To have a night away.

How far along are you? 18 weeks tomorrow

Upcoming appointments? 12/19 AS - twinning with @m6agua

Cravings/Symptoms? Just always hungry. Only aversion is chicken.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Just looking forward to our night away.

Questions? Anyone else gaining weight super rapidly this time? I am getting it a lot  more quickly than the first time around and I am a little nervous about it. My diet isn’t too overindulgent so I’m trying not to worry.
  • @jrouge12 Apparently it's a thing when you're pregnant with multiples? You need a certain amount of calories daily, plus dairy takes longer to digest, so you have food in your stomach longer. It helps needing a snack in the middle of the night. I haven't really been doing it, but I should now that I'm further along. I really just wanted to justify cheesecake. 😬
  • When I had GD they suggested a cheese stick or something similar just before bed to help keep your blood sugar steady, rather than having peaks and plateaus over night.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua Oh, that makes sense because GD is way more likely with multiples. I don't know if it helps prevent GD, but I guess I should make more of an effort. I'm just so tired of eating all the time.
  • Lurking*

@ruby696 I just want to give you hope that you will come up with names for both babies. Like you, we weren’t loving anything. Dh was no help and i couldn’t make a decision to save my life. I was asking everyone I knew for ideas lol. It took until about two weeks ago but we finally got there. Good luck!  
  • edited December 2019
    @ruby696 omfg don't even get me started on names! I'm pretty sure MH wants to die young, because the next time he gives me a stupid name, I just might snap. Here's the ideas he keeps giving me: Wynona, Reba, Shania...and then he laughs like an idiot at the look of disgust on my face. Ugh, he's killing me.

@m6agua hey we're anatomy scan twins! And I keep forgeting you don't know what you're having yet! GL at the scan!

@newmomtx06 hey anatomy scan twins with you too! GL!

@jrouge12. I've never heard of St. Nicholas eve! Off to google!

@shamrocandroll we, for whatever reason, assumed we were having a boy so up until a few weeks ago, kept shouting out boy names, switching to girl has been tough, see above list  :#

What's going on this week? I had yesterday and today off work and I'm also off Monday! Woo hoo! My granny picks up my son from preschool and keeps him for a few hours but she went down to so cal to visit her sister so I'm home with the kiddo.

How far along are you? 17+1

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan 12/19, ob appt 12/27

Cravings/Symptoms? Cranberry juice! Omg I could drink it by the jug. And I'm not typically a juice drinker, but cran grape is my favorite of all drinks right now. I'm having pelvic and hip pain. I'm not worried about it, I know it's just my pelvis doing it's thing and heartburn. It was just occasionally but now it's after pretty much every meal. I carry tums with me like my life depends on it.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Yesterday I slipped on a pair of toms to go outside and grab some wood for the woodstove, and I must have bumped a log and it fell off the woodrack (stacked about 4 feet high) and landed on my foot. I can walk just fine, but it is tender and a bruise is definitely forming. If I'd have put on my boots, it wouldn't have hurt so badly.

Questions?

Eta tags were weird
  • @shamrocandroll I'm sorry things at work are busy right now. Hopefully your son's cough goes away quickly! I have been wanting queso now too. :D That is pretty funny about the meeting schedule, I have noticed pregnancy brain really starting this last week for me!

@jrouge12 DD just turned 3 a few weeks ago. She LOVES Frozen and is obsessed with the first movie. I'm not too worried about any "scary" parts. She seems to do well with scenes like that at home. Right now she loves Monsters Inc. and The Grinch (animated) and those have some scary parts that she does alright with. I am so excited to bring her today. She doesn't really understand that there is a new Frozen and that we will go to the theater. But once we are there and she can see everything I think she will understand and be excited.

@newmomtx06 Enjoy the holiday party and night away! I have barely gained any weight so far, but my appetite has kicked up 100 notches this week and I think I will be gaining faster now. I started this pregnancy about 15lbs heavier than my first pregnancy so I'm worried about gaining too much for my short frame.

@splashmountain Enjoy you long weekend! I hope your foot heals quickly.

@splashmountain & @newmomtx06 What time is your appointments? Mine is right away in the morning at 8:45, thankfully. However for my work we don't do a holiday party, my department (6 people) just goes out to a local restaurant or brewery for the second half of the day. I'm nervous if something is bad at the ultrasound and I have to show up to this work outing still.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua mine's in the afternoon at 3. I work there and scheduled with my friend and I'm always nervous that she's going to be stuck giving me bad news. FX for both of us that everything looks perfect!
  • @jrouge12 I have also never heard of St. Nicholas Eve!  What a neat idea!  I gave DS a new pair of Christmas PJs yesterday without even realizing it's a thing, hahaha.  We did not leave out a shoe, though.  :lol:

@newmomtx06 Have so much fun on your night away!  Pardon me if this is over the line, but I hope you guys get to have hot hotel room sex, haha!  That's the best kind.  I also like to mix that with drinking a bottle of wine, but that part is out for us right now, sadly.  :lol:  

@splashmountain I've been super into cranberry juice lately too!  I have been mixing it with my seltzer.  In turn, I get heartburn, but yet I keep drinking it anyway.  Everything I crave seems to be giving me heartburn these days.  :-/ 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll @splashmountain It's really more of a European thing, but I learned about it in elementary school and was super jealous and never forgot that kids in Europe get treats in their shoe. The first year DH and I were married I was determined to make it a family tradition so I filled our shoes with shots and candy. 😂 I had to change it up for DD...

@m6agua DD is totally Frozen obsessed right now too. She spends most of her day insisting on being called Elsa. I'm Anna and DH is Olaf...She'll introduce us to strangers as "The Frozen Characters ". 

@ruby696 I guess I'll have to stick to ice cream soothes my heart burn. There's definitely only one in there! 😳 Cheesecake sounds so good...
  • @jrouge12 @shamrocandroll @splashmountain
    We’ve done St. Nick’s day my whole life. It’s St. Nicholas’s feast day on December 6th and since he was know for leaving people money and gifts overnight, it’s tradition to put your shoes out for gifts the even before his feast day. We celebrate it because we’re Catholic so idk if more Catholics know about it or do it 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    DD got purple mittens that she was very excited about. But before she opened her gift she stopped and goes “I open my candy first” and had to eat a Hershey’s kiss before opening the gift 😂
    I got St. Elmo’s cocktail sauce and I’m going to eat SO MUCH SHRIMP tonight!!!