Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 12/2

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why?

Re: Group 1 (July 1-7) Check In - w/o 12/2

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  7/5 9w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: 12/9 US

How are you feeling? like garbage... but grateful for signs that all is okay

Raves/Rants: n/a

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? I'm torn between Fall and Spring. I love all the things that go along with Fall (changing leaves, bonfires, all things pumpkin) but I also really love all the flowers and how beautiful Spring is.... plus I prefer summer over winter that follows those seasons... so I'm going with Spring lol
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: due 7 July, I think that puts me at 8+6 today?? I’m so bad this time around

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green this time

Baby is the size of a(n): piece of popcorn

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow last RE, which threw me for a loop because it was supposed to be last week, but she wanted an additional US (whyyy do you play with my feelings?!) and OB physical this week as well with my favorite OB which I am thankful for 

How are you feeling? Gross. Nauseous all the time, nothing sounds good and I’m back on the labetalol which means I’m also dizzy. 

Raves/Rants: why the OR is being dumb today....I could have been done already with my surgeries for today but noooooo they schedule me late and don’t tell me. Ugh. At least I can catch up on paperwork, but last week they made a stink about front loading my cases. Oh well. 

Questions: nada 

Fall, for sure. Coastal GA doesn’t really do fall weather or colors so it makes me sad, I miss the Midwest a lot. But it was 70 this weekend and I wore shorts so I guess there’s the plus in that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    macb85macb85 member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: July 6th/9 weeks (*edited to add EDD)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Pecan/Cherry

Upcoming appointments: I have another ultrasound this Wednesday. Last one was 2 weeks ago, and hopefully everything continues to look good with this one.

How are you feeling? Also like garbage! Hooray for all of us feeling terrible. :) Hopefully it will start getting better in the next few weeks.

Raves/Rants: I'm a little anxious about my next scan. There's no reason to think everything isn't progressing normally but PGAL brain and all. 

Questions: None.

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? Fall, even though that's not really a season we get here in Texas. It's just the season after summer that isn't unbearably hot.
  • Options
    @macb85 I feel like Fall in TX is still unbearably hot :D ... Winter is where it's at there (for the most part).

I went and stayed/visited with some friends from DD's BMB this weekend a couple of years ago and it was GLORIOUS out! We were in short sleeves and were able to sit outside for brunch. They even had these fountains in the ground at the place we went and they were able to let their kiddos run around in diapers to play in the water. I'm in the south, but it's not THAT nice out here at this time of year!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9w 2d July 5 (though my OB today said I was 9w4d ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): jack (I switched to 80s nostalgia on my other app since I’m not a fruit fan)

Upcoming appointments: I just had one today where I got to see the little gummy bear squirming around! So cute- was the most emotional I’ve gotten at an US. Crazy how much they move around in there without us feeling a thing. Nextweek is just blood work.

How are you feeling? Oh man- the nausea has been so weird. Had been feeling so much better last week to the point where I could eat a pretty much normal Thanksgiving meal. But then on Sunday: Wham- worst day I've ever had- couldn't keep anything down the whole day. So now I'm just eating less in general in the morning since I'm afraid I'll throw up if have too much again, but then I feel so nauseous And weak.

Raves/Rants: See above for rant. Rave- just started reading Like A Mother by Angela Garbes on a friend's recommendation and enjoying it so far.

Questions: nope!

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? Spring. We just moved back to the east coast from Cali and it's amazing to have seasons in general. But that moment when all the leaves pop out is just magical. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 
    July 6th
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    I want to wait, DH wants to find out ASAP 
    Baby is the size of a(n):
    Postage Stamp
    Upcoming appointments:
    December 12th for US. Jealous of everyone who has already seen their bean move
    How are you feeling? 
    Exhausted. But thankfully only nauseous When hungry.   
    Raves/Rants: 
    Just wish I would be seen quicker than 10 weeks for my first US. I totally understand why we have to wait (wanted to make sure DH could be there). But that doesn’t make the waiting or worrying any easier
    Questions: 
    none right now 
    winter. I love the snow and I love this time of year 
  • Options
    EDD: July 1st, 9w6d
    Team Finding Out
    Baby is the size of a cherry
    Upcoming Appts: 12/10 for another US and bloodwork
    How are you feeling? Still rough, but it really is getting better just very S-L-O-W-L-Y.
    Raves/Rants: N/A
    No Questions
    GTKY: Autumn/Fall hands down!

• Options
    @blaf322 Yes! Winter here is just an extension of fall. It really varies though. This week it's 40s in the morning but 70s by the afternoon. 

• Options
    Hi all you group 1ers! I was wondering when everyone was going to show up lol
  • Options
    DD/weeks+days: 10 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): olive (I have no idea really)

Upcoming appointments: 12/16 after the 1st Ob appt debacle

How are you feeling? Irritated, was nauseous and gagging this morning, bloated, tired

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? Fall, I'm in TX and it's one of the only seasons we get a little bit of before more summer.

• Options
    Hey group 1! Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA for the past couple weeks. Mostly lurking but I’ll slowly jump back in :)

**TW death mentioned**

In August my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and passed away last week. I needed some time away.

EDD/weeks+days: July 7/9w+1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): blackberry!

Upcoming appointments: My original appointment got bumped by a week, but got to see little bean wiggling away today! Otherwise nothing big, I’ll schedule a check in with my OB next week

How are you feeling? Overall pretty good. Feeling similar to how I felt with my son, so that’s a good sign! I just wish I could handle coffee again

Raves/Rants: none this week really, just going through the motions

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? Definitely fall. I grew up in eastern Canada, but didn’t appreciate the fall colours until I left.
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @coffeeandcookies84 I’ve been wondering about you but didn’t want to tag to ask I’m case you didn’t want to share whatever was going on. 
    I’m so sorry for your loss 😢
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 I’m so sorry for your loss, how devastating. Glad you go to see your little one squirming around today! 

*lurking from group 2*
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9 weeks 2 days, Edd is July 6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: Dec 26

How are you feeling? 
    I caught a stomach bug from my son and husband a few days ago but now I am just back to bloated, heartburn, fatigue and some on and off nausea. After a good ultrasound sound last week some anxiety has gotten better.

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? I like summer/fall weather the best. I enjoy weather between mid 60's and about 80.
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 sorry for your loss.
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 So sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    *lurking from group 2*

@coffeeandcookies84 I'm so sorry for your loss.  :'(
  • Options
    *lurking from g3*
    @coffeeandcookies84 I am so sorry for your loss ❤️
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 2/10 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: DH doesn't want to find out, so I guess we're not going to!

Baby is the size of a(n): tart kumquat?? Weird app choice

Upcoming appointments: 12/12, get to hear the heartbeat! And get blood work done I think.

How are you feeling? Symptoms have abated a little...no nausea except for when I go too long without eating. Mainly just feeling really tired all the time. And my boobs still hurt.

Raves/Rants: My main rant is that it is hard to be pregnant and not tell the whole world immediately!! I find myself telling a lot of little white lies, which is weird. On the other hand, I'm a FTM and it's so exciting to be pregnant. Hit 10 weeks today...Christmas will be the end of the first trimester, so that's cool timing...the best Christmas present ever!!

Questions: No questions really right now.

GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? My favorite season has changed over time, depending really on where I'm living. :O)  I currently live in the Bay Area in California. I've only been here since January, so the jury's still out on what my favorite season will be...but I'm thinking summer/fall. Fall was always my favorite until I moved to New Hampshire a while back and then Fall meant six months of Winter was coming. But it's making a comeback being in a warmer climate!
  • Options
    @coffeeandcookies84 I’m so sorry about your dad. ❤️❤️ Glad you got to see your little one wiggling around this week! 

@eljames83 I just moved from the Bay Area. gotta love that Indian summer in September/October when it finally feels like a real summer!  (At least in SF) 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 3 / 10 wks 0 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appointments: bloodwork next week, ultrasound 12/13, 12 week with OB 12/19

How are you feeling? Terrrrrible! OB took me off work at 8 week appt. I’m a Lymphedema Physical Therapist and was unable to see my patients due to nausea and vomiting! Resting a ton has helped, mostly taking B6 & ginger drops for nausea.

Raves/Rants: Nausea 24/7. Barely functioning and DH is sick of doing the dishes! 

Questions: does the 1st trimester California Screening Test include gender? I requested insurance authorization for nipt but haven’t heard back. 

In Southern California it’s always warm, I think the late spring or late fall would be my favorite because the heat isn’t too bad! 

This is my first post, so happy to meet you all!
  • Options
    @samwalker714 Congrats and welcome :smile:
    Sorry you're not feeling well! You're in good company, unfortunately for all of us!

Do us a favor, please take a minute to introduce yourself and check out the board organization threads if you haven't already. I haven't checked there yet today so you may have already. If that's the case, ignore this lol
  • Options
    I love reading everybody's info! It's fun that we are all across the country...I grew up mostly East Coast (although I was born in Nebraska) but have the last 5 years been gradually making my way across the country to now living in San Jose CA.

@footdrbritt Are you in Savannah? I am from Warner Robins, GA (middle GA) even though I'm living on the West Coast right now. I loved the fall when I lived there too!!

@macb85 I lived in Houston for a couple of years. I have never lived in a more humid place, even compared to Georgia. But I live warm weather and actually got used to it after a while. I really enjoyed the winters in Texas. And in the summer I'd just spend the weekends at the pool. :)

@randomname_generator Sorry to have missed being your neighbor! Where on the East Coast did you end up? I like Cali so far, although it's so expensive out here. But the weather is great and there is so much to do outside. Any recommendations on things to check out?
  • Options
    @eljames83 stationed at Stewart but DH works at HAAF in Savannah so we’re in Richmond hill like every other military family it seems 
    overall we really enjoy the area, Savannah has so much cool history and FL isn’t far!