Group 2 (July 8-16) Check-In: w/o 12/2

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? 

Re: Group 2 (July 8-16) Check-In: w/o 12/2

• EDD/weeks+days: July 13; 8 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Dec 10 for first ultrasound, Jan 2 for first meeting with new provider

How are you feeling? Ok most of the time, some fatigue and light nausea but if it doesn't get worse/remains where it's at for the first trimester I'd be thrilled.

Raves/Rants: I'm a little annoyed with work because I had to do a lot over the Thanksgiving holiday (based on my position) whereas my colleagues did not. I'll get to tune out of it all from like Dec 19 - 29 which is nice but I'm currently being assigned more than the hours I'm paid to work. I'm an independent contractor so it'll equal out in the slow end of December time but I'm still salty lol.

Questions: I've got my first appointment with my new healthcare provider on Jan 2 - can I ask that that first appointment also include NIPT? I technically already had a first appointment with my old OBGYN before switching so not sure the protocol here.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? There's a lot of Christmas markets in my city and a few light shows, all of which I love to partake in.
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 11/ 8w2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Dec 11 is next OB, I had my second US on Nov 25, they didn’t mention another one on the 11th but it sure would be nice to see that heartbeat again. 

How are you feeling? I’ve had a horrible cough so my focus has been there. I’m at the point where Ivana tell if I’m gagging because of mucus or morning sickness. On the plus side, I do think it’s improving, but I’m so ready to be over this damn cold. 

Raves/Rants: see above 😁

Questions: not really. I’ve had some intermittent stretching type cramps that make me kinda nervous. I figure that’s normal? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? I love baking cookies! 

@pocketrose sorry you had to work over the holiday. That long break will be a welcome treat and it’ll be here soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @pocketrose I'm glad you're switching providers. I hope you like the new one! I'm not sure about the NIPT, but it doesn't hurt to ask them!

@rachelredhead I've also been having random cramps/low back pain. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy, but I'm also assuming it's normal. There's a lot happening inside our bodies right now! 

EDD/weeks+days: July 11; 8w2d (@rachelredhead due date twins!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green

Upcoming appointments: nothing until 12/30

How are you feeling? Very meh. I've not really had nausea, which I'm very grateful for, but I just sort of feel gross and tired all the time. And everything smells.

Raves/Rants: My ILs stayed with us for 4.5 days for Thanksgiving, and I'm so glad they're gone now. MIL is so "woe is me" all the time and FIL is an inconsiderate jerk. They just get on my nerves so much. I'll probably get into more details in the MBF thread if anyone cares to hear more complaining haha

Questions: I still don't really have any, which feels very weird for me because I always have questions...

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? Going to see lights! We have an amazing lights display at our botanical gardens, and MH and I have gone every year since moving here. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter's reaction this year. She seemed to like it last year, but I think this year will be even better! Also, we grew up with a little elf (Christopher Pop-In-Kins) in our house that moved to a different hiding spot each day. It was basically a not-naughty elf on the shelf before elf on the shelf was a "thing." So I'm continuing that too. My daughter actually notices him this year, and she's been randomly stopping what she's doing to wave at him and say, "Hi, Christopher!" (except Christopher sounds more like iks-so-fer b/c she's 20 months) It's melting my heart!
  • EDD/weeks+days:  8 weeks and 3 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Upcoming appointments:  I have my looong awaited first OBGYN appointment this Thursday! I'm so anxious, I just want Thursday afternoon to already be here. 

How are you feeling? Physically good- my rusty spotting has finally ended (I think). No problems eating. I just have low energy, heightened sense of smell, sore boobs (sometimes), and very strange, vivid dreams. Emotionally, I have a lot less patience for other people and as I said earlier, I'm very anxious to have my first ultrasound and to be reassured that everything is normal. 

Raves/Rants:  My husband and I split the household bills 50/50. We have separate bank accounts so I give him a check every month with my half. He told me that starting in January, how about a pay him a couple hundred less each month so I can use the money to buy baby stuff.  Yay! I know it's not really more shopping money in the grand scheme of things but it feels like it :-)

Questions: nope

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition?  I love the decorations! We cut down our tree yesterday and put it up. Where we live it's only $40 for a huge real tree and I love the smell. Then we get to have a bonfire in the spring. Waiting for the dogs to get used to it before we put the ornaments on. I also decorated our dining room with a holiday tablecloth, centerpiece, and red berry garland around the windows. Sometime this week I will switch out the regular dishes for our 1950s Christmas dishes. 
  • @dancingtreepose I hope your appointment goes really well on Thursday! Keep us posted! I love having a real tree, too. They smell sooo good!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 8+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry (today he/she can fit on a dime)

Upcoming appointments: thursday AM i have my OB appt.  my ultrasound that was scheduled for tomorrow happened last week due to spotting but all good!

How are you feeling? tired, overall blah, but we did tell a few close friends over past few days which makes this oh so more real now and im more excited!

Raves/Rants: leaving work early today (rave) because of the snow (rant) bigger rant: DH cut his thumb really badly a few weeks ago (day before we found out i was pregnant) and had to get stitches.  he was so worried about a tendon being cut and ER dr said no impossible.  now he cant move his thumb and has to get surgery wednesday to fix it--so he will not be able to use his hand for anything for 2 weeks while in sling. AGHHHHHHH!

Questions: none for now :)

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? i love finding a random day to go get a tree and decorate it all before DH gets home, but have to alter that plan this year due to 1)now i commute and get home late and 2) LO and im avoiding lifting.  however with DH's aforementioned hand scenario, i might enlist help and still get it done on my own
  • @pocketrose I'm glad you're switching providers. I hope you like the new one! I'm not sure about the NIPT, but it doesn't hurt to ask them!

@rachelredhead I've also been having random cramps/low back pain. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy, but I'm also assuming it's normal. There's a lot happening inside our bodies right now! 

EDD/weeks+days: July 11; 8w2d (@rachelredhead due date twins!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green

Upcoming appointments: nothing until 12/30

How are you feeling? Very meh. I've not really had nausea, which I'm very grateful for, but I just sort of feel gross and tired all the time. And everything smells.

Raves/Rants: My ILs stayed with us for 4.5 days for Thanksgiving, and I'm so glad they're gone now. MIL is so "woe is me" all the time and FIL is an inconsiderate jerk. They just get on my nerves so much. I'll probably get into more details in the MBF thread if anyone cares to hear more complaining haha

Questions: I still don't really have any, which feels very weird for me because I always have questions...

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? Going to see lights! We have an amazing lights display at our botanical gardens, and MH and I have gone every year since moving here. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter's reaction this year. She seemed to like it last year, but I think this year will be even better! Also, we grew up with a little elf (Christopher Pop-In-Kins) in our house that moved to a different hiding spot each day. It was basically a not-naughty elf on the shelf before elf on the shelf was a "thing." So I'm continuing that too. My daughter actually notices him this year, and she's been randomly stopping what she's doing to wave at him and say, "Hi, Christopher!" (except Christopher sounds more like iks-so-fer b/c she's 20 months) It's melting my heart!
    Oh no the boxes are killing me!! And I can’t tag!!

Due date triplets!! I’m 7/11 too!
  • @asf0613 @stlbuckeye132 free slushee at 7/11 day! I’m bummed they don’t have 7/11s up here (Minnesota). I grew up in AR and MO and they were everywhere. 
  • (Lurking from group 4) you guys with the 7/11 due dates are the best! That's my birthday! 
  • @asf0613 @stlbuckeye132 free slushee at 7/11 day! I’m bummed they don’t have 7/11s up here (Minnesota). I grew up in AR and MO and they were everywhere. 
    I told my one coworker today and baby’s code name is now 7-eleven ..she then proceeds to tell me I should throw in a “Krausers” here and there to throw people off (local convenience store chain for those unfamiliar)

I have been lmao all day every time I think of it!!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    Technically right now 7 weeks 6 days. However, I expect that to get revised to closer to 8 weeks 6 days after my ultrasound (letrozole had be ovulating super-early)

Finding Out

Raspberry, about to progress to a cherry (based on the 8w6d figure).

Upcoming appointments:
    Dating/heartbeat ultrasound on 12/6

How are you feeling? 
    Mildly queasy w/very sore boobs, and super tired.  Some mild cramping today that I'm trying not to freak out over.

Raves/Rants: 
    Stupid people at work are stupid.

Also, my best friend died this week, so I have a sad.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? My family used to watch White Christmas every Christmas Eve.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( 

@asf0613 good luck at your first appt! And I completely agree that telling people is so exciting! 

@dancingtreepose good luck to you at your appt! It stinks to wait so long but yay it's finally here!

@stlbuckeye132 I can totally relate to the meh feeling haha. It'll get better!!

@rachelredhead I'm glad your cold is improving, I had that a few weeks ago and just felt awful. Also, I've been having cramping to which freaked me out but doc said it's completely normal! 

@pocketrose so sorry you had to work over the holiday, but your break will be here before you know it! And I'm sure your new place will do the NIPT but I'd definitely call and see especially if they need paperwork done ahead of time or something. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    July 14th, 8 weeks today

Finding Out

Raspberry

Upcoming appointments:
    First US was supposed to be tomorrow but we did it last week instead due to spotting. Thank goodness as is well and I can relax a little. Next appointment is 12/12 to do some blood work, family history, genetic testing, etc. 

How are you feeling? 
    Ehh so/so. I have annoying cramps and back pains on and off. Which completely freaked me out but I spoke to doc last week and she said that is normal and gets worse each pregnancy. My boobs are sometimes sore, sometimes not. Nausea is weird I typically get it worse at night, but feeling it right now as well. Has anyone used Preggy Pops? I used them my first pregnancy and they seemed to help. 

Raves/Rants: 
    It's awkward to me not telling people. I'm trying to keep it to only a few people right now and wait until closer to 12 weeks to share but it's hard. I feel like I'm a big sharer and sometimes I'm lying to my coworkers about appointments. Also, work holiday party is this Thursday and only one coworker knows. She says she'll "help me out" by getting me drinks that aren't really drinks, hopefully it works. 🤞🤞

Questions:
    I have some random ones today, lol.
    Thoughts on dying hair (highlighting) while pregnant? I didn't do it last time (personal choice) but I think I'd like to this time. Maybe like twice before due date. 
    Tonic water? Do y'all know if we shouldn't be drinking it? I feel like I'd love a nice mocktail with elderflower tonic and lime juice BUT DH says I shouldn't, something about the quinine being bad for the baby. I tried to Google but reviews are mixed. Has anyone heard of this? 

There's a few light shows near me that are awesome. We went to one over the weekend and it was beautiful. I also love walking around festive towns, it's such a beautiful time of year even though I'm not a fan of the cold! 
  • @asf0613 yay for another 7/11! It's a popular date!! I hope YH's surgery goes well tomorrow!

@kboydbowman very sorry for your loss.  :'(

@jmcpool88 I'm keeping my hair care the same. I asked my doctor with my last pregnancy and she said coloring it is fine. I'm actually getting mine done Saturday! Re: tonic water... I'm pretty sure someone else was talking about this same thing on another thread a couple days ago (or yesterday?) and they'd heard it was good for baby? I personally have no clue though.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    July 10th, 8w2d

Finding Out

Raspberry / M&M Peanut

Upcoming appointments:
    January 3rd, I had the first one yesterday :smiley: is good to hear baby's heart  

How are you feeling? 
    Tired. All. The. Time.... I can fall asleep almost everywhere. Besides that, a little nauseous I need to be eating like crakers or grapes every hour or so or I get the queasy feeling

Raves/Rants: 
    People at work with their stinky body lotions or no deodorant at all... c'mon people!!! 

Questions:
    Has anyone been on a diet while pregnant before? My ob/gin told me I am only allowed to gain 2lbs from now to week 20! but she said it would be better if I stay in my currently weight or even loose some weight. it has me concerned... should I go to a nutritionist? I was thinking about just walking at least 30 minutes and cutting off sugar and carbs

Besides baking cookies, we love to go to six flags and enjoy the rides, shows and lights, also we have a Christmas parade in town 
  • @mayisch I’m trying not to gain anything right now, too. My plan is really just to try to be active every day (30 min walk is great) and focus on nutritional powerhouses when I eat. I’m trying to avoid carbs to the extent they provide no additional benefit (ie. Saltines don’t give you much, but a sweet potato provides great nutrients along with a nice carb fix). I’m trying to focus on my health over and above my diet because I don’t want to be restrictive. I think a nutritionist could be super helpful, especially if you’re dealing with nausea and struggling on that front. 
  • thank you! @rachelredhead
    I will try to swap to healthier options and keep myself active, although fatigue is pretty intense I'll do my best. Will look for a nutritionist also. I know I am overweight right now and I really don't want to make things harder. 
  • Hi ladies! Just introduced myself in the introductions thread so I may look like a rando but I promise I'm not! I know I'm late to the game and you all have shared a lot already so I'll try and catch up.

EDD/weeks+days: July 14th/8w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: we were team green the first time around so maybe finding out this time? not sure yet.

Baby is the size of a(n): wild strawberry

Upcoming appointments: had dating u/s at 7 weeks, next appt is 12/19 for a nurse appt.

How are you feeling? Awful. Constant nausea. As bad as I remember it being the first time. Taking Diclegis again which maybe helps maybe doesn't but definitely makes me tired.

Raves/Rants: my rant is against myself for not "officially" joining this BMB sooner! I guess I'm superstitious and was worried I'd jinx myself, but that's silly. But like I said in my intro post, I'm excited to share the highs and lows of this journey with all of you.

Questions: none right now, but I surely will - even though I've done this before, each step reminds me all that I've forgotten about this stage of pregnancy even though it was only a few years ago (DD is 21 months).

Ever since I was very little, we would go to VT the week after xmas to go skiing with another family that we are very close with. Now over the years with all the kids having kids, space is super tight but it's such quality time together. Looking forward to going again this year and hoping the worst of the nausea will be over.

@rachelredhead I've been having sporadic cramping too, which always freaks me out for a second but that is one of the symptoms I definitely remember having with my first, which sets my mind at ease a bit. Hang in there!

@mayisch wow only 2 lbs before 20 weeks? That would be super hard to hear. I feel like first trimester is survival mode eating-wise, but maybe a nutritionist could give you ideas for snacks to keep the nausea at bay but that will keep you where you want to be.
  • @mayisch only 2 lbs between now and 20 weeks sounds really tough. I definitely think a nutritionist could be helpful though with providing good snack ideas. Might be worth looking into. And I agree on the smells of coworkers! Some people were SO MUCH perfume/cologne.

@meanjellybean our daughters are really close in age! It's such a fun age right now :)
  • @stlbuckeye132 ah yes! It is fun, isn't it? DH and I are typically pretty lazy when it comes to really getting into the holiday spirit (I'm talking finally putting up the tree a few days before Christmas purely out of obligation, not really going out of our way to do "holiday" things) but this year, it's so fun introduce her to things since she's so much more like a little kid than last year!
  • @meanjellybean yes, so fun seeing Christmas through their eyes! Mine keeps pointing to the tree saying, "outside!" She seems very concerned that we have a tree inside our house lol
  • @meanjellybean we're due date twins!!!  
  • edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 8 weeks 5 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Upcoming appointments: had an ultrasound on the 2nd but have to go back in 2 weeks because they found a pretty large cyst on my left ovary. It’s 9.5 cm by 6cm. They say there’s no risk to baby and they think it’s only that large because it’s early in pregnancy and my body is working in overdrive. So they want to monitor it and see if it goes down. 

How are you feeling? Nauseous and cold so pretty much the same for the last few weeks 

Raves/Rants: I have a huge work event next Saturday night I’m throwing and then the Monday after that is my last work day of the year. I’m cashing in all my vacation starting Dec 20 and so excited!!

Questions: this is a random thing but I was hoping to get a massage next month. Does it *have* to be a prenatal? They barely massage when you’re on your side and I like them so much better when they are regular ones lying flat and I didn’t know if it was early enough that it’s ok to be on your stomach or if I needed to be on my side. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? So many! I love driving around to look at lights, we do church Christmas Eve and then have a big dinner out with my husband’s family, and then we make cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20