May 2020 Moms

STM+ check in: December

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

Any questions/concerns?

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: STM+ check in: December

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks today

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 7 and 5. I just realized the little one will be 6 next month. She's so tiny that I forget how old she is sometimes. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Fantastic

Any questions/concerns? Nope.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  We're going to see Santa soon. The one we always go to is just fabulous. He's so kind and has a tall Chesterfield-like couch so the kids can sit beside him instead of on his lap, and I love it.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 16+4 / May 14

How old is/are your other kid(s)? She just turned 3 two weeks ago!

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She is doing well, She had a small cold a couple weeks ago but is 100% now. We did have her 3 year old check up and the doctor is a little concerned about her weight. She had dropped a half a pound, however she had just been sick and not eating for the previous 5 days. She is somewhat of a picky eater so I am hoping we can just get her to eat more food this month.

Any questions/concerns? Nothing right now.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  We need to go get our Christmas tree and decorate the house yet and we would like to visit Santa. I think she will enjoy all of it. I brought out her Melissa & Doug advent calendar and she was super excited. Other than that, we have 2 birthday parties (one this weekend and one the weekend before Christmas).

@bananapanda That is a win! A little unsolicited advice, I would try hard to stick with underwear at this point and not go back if you can. We did something similar and took advantage of a long weekend focusing on it and then have been in underwear ever since. There were definitely poop accidents in the beginning as it took her a few weeks to figure that out. Then at about a month and a half we started getting some more regular pee accidents. But overall we are 3 months down and she has been doing great. We still do a night time pull up and I'm not sure when we will be done with that. At this point it is more on DH and I getting our shit together for it. Have fun at the Great Wolf Lodge! I took DD to Kalahari in October and she loved it!

@thepretzelchick I hope the Santa visit goes well, sounds fun!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @bananapanda Yay for being almost potty trained! That is such a milestone. I hope she continues to do well.

@thepretzelchick A good Santa makes such a difference. Have a great time!

@m6agua I hope your daughter gains some weight back. DS is a picky eater and it's such a challenge sometimes.

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 14th/16+4

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 5 and DD is 3.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They're doing great. DS loves school, which makes me feel so good about sending him to an immersion school. And DD is so excited to big sister. She got to hear the "heart beeps" and can't stop talking about it.

Any questions/concerns? Nope.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  All the Christmas things. Visit to Santa, hot cocoa and Christmas lights, visiting family. I love this time of year so much.
  • @bananapanda, congrats mamma, huge accomplishment!

EDD/Weeks + Days: 5/25, 15 weeks

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 1 DD, she turns 3 on Sunday!

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? This threenager is in full force. She can be so sweet and smart but sometimes is too much to handle. One day at a time...

Any questions/concerns? Anyone worried about the older kids being too rough around your belly? I have stopped picking her up too much, and ask her constantly to not jump on me, but I worry a lot.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?
    There is a toy train show at the local expo, we may go see that. Also, the birthday party on Saturday.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau my almost 4 year old has been climbing me like a playground lately! I have to really watch her because she practically cannon balls onto my belly. 

May 17, 16 weeks 

two daughters, almost 4 and almost 2. They’re very much acting their ages lately. I’m really trying to get the little one to stop nursing. I don’t even think there’s any milk left and it’s really painful. I need a boob break before another baby. 

This month is Chanukah for us, so there’ll be some parties and activities as well as the stuff at home. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 5/14, 16 weeks

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 3

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She seems happy but got upset when I reminded her the baby will get her crib. She will get over it because her big girl bed just arrive today and she is super excited. We have talked about the crib going to baby and she didn’t care before so hopefully she forgets. 

Any questions/concerns? No

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  Polar Express train, Nutcracker, decorating the house, baking cookies, and spending time together. I wrapped all her gifts this weekend and now she says she doesn’t need to see Santa because she has enough presents. 
  • @queenklau I'm not too worried about DD jumping on me because she has been pretty good once I explained the baby and she just says "my baby sister in there!" and wants to tickle her so she's usually pretty gentle.  I worry more about my 100lb golden retriever, but he's also pretty good.  He does step on my belly occasionally and also did with DD1 also but not jumping and I have enough extra cushion that I think she will be just fine in there :smile:
  • DS1 turned 2 two weeks after we found out I was pregnant with DS2. We bought him a baby doll and practiced being gentle. Once my stomach got larger I would put the doll against it and explain that there was a baby like his in my belly and that he had to be gentle with that too. It worked really well for him. DS2 just turned 4 and for him it’s been as simple as pulling up my shirt and letting him talk to and feel my stomach. He’s a pretty rough and tumble kid but he’s caught on fairly quick to easy touches and being easy. 

I also took both kids to an ultrasound so they could see the baby and understand more so that there was in fact a baby in there. Some kids do better with visuals and I think that’s really been helpful this time around. 
  • Thanks ladies, maybe I am overthinking it.

@rox7777, yeah, we let her know and she has also been talking to my belly. Sometimes she wants to hug me and it’s a big rough. It’s hard to not pick her up, she misses it and I do too. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau I will say I carried DS1 most of my pregnancy with DS2. I was actually high risk due to placenta previa but it went undetected until the third trimester. He was a pretty light child, but I still managed up until 31 weeks when I was put on pelvic rest. 

This pregnancy I haven’t picked up DS2 too many times (he’s 35lbs but feels like a boulder), but occasionally I have to move him to the car for drop off/pick up and move him to bed at night. Small periods of picking up shouldn’t hurt unless your doctor has mentioned otherwise. I don’t really struggle with picking them up until the third trimester luckily. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: May 13/16+6

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She's doing well. We had a fun trip to the snow over Thanksgiving break. It was her first time playing in the snow, and she loved building a snowman (named Olaf, of course), catching snowflakes on her tongue, and throwing snowballs at everyone.

Any questions/concerns? Yes? No? Every minute of parenting is a roller coaster. Sometimes we have an absolute blast together, and other times she's a little monster and I run out of patience in 5 seconds and then I feel terrible about it. In my head I know it's normal toddler behavior, but that doesn't make it any easier in the moment.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month? I'm just excited that this is the first Christmas she'll really comprehend. We started an advent calendar with her, and we're watching lots of Christmas movies and singing Christmas songs. One of our county parks does a big light display that you can drive through, and we'll go to our town's tree lighting and stuff like that. She already seems to be into it, which makes us happy because H and I both love Christmas.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 16weeks due 5/20

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS turns 4 in 2 weeks 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? he's doing great! 

Any questions/concerns? Has anyone dealt with or worried about dealing with their LOs being upset about the baby's sex? DS is adamant that he is getting a sister and will not even let anyone say that baby might be a boy. He is also adamant that the baby will be named "Judy" or his new favorite "Seal Hunter"...

DS has his birthday in a few weeks - we are just doing a family party this year, but he's still really excited. Other than that - just holiday things! We are traveling back to Texas for Christmas so he's pretty excited to see all his cousins and ride in an airplane.  

• @bananapanda we have a Great Wolf Lodge about an hour from our house and want to plan a trip so bad! Let me know how it goes! I don't actually know anyone who has been to one. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  5/24/15+3

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 5 (he will be six in just 16 short days)

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He was doing great and super excited but last night he got me hard. We ugly cried together. We were laying together snuggling like we do every night and he asked me about the baby and then got really sad looking, so I asked him what was wrong and he said he wanted to cry but didn't know why and I asked if it had to do with the baby and he said yes. He asked "what if you love the baby more than me?" And I lost it. I promised I wouldn't and he will always be my number 1 baby but man if that didn't hurt. I have been crying about it on and off since wondering if this is going to be good or bad for him. 

Any questions/concerns? Not really, just any reassurance about my DS would be great.

We go see Lights on the Lake and this year are going to a new one about half an hour away too, DS and I love "pretty lights". I haven't really planned his birthday yet, because we have such a long break from school I am thinking it will be best to wait until the new year. 
  • @chewie5990 I have that same concern. DD is overly convinced that this is a boy and I asked her if she’ll love it if it’s a girl and she said “no. I don’t want a girl.” 😬 are you guys finding out the sex ahead of time?
  • @mamaj1220 Okay, that's heartbreaking. Trying not to cry now. Your poor, sweet boy. ❤
  • @mokay19 we are going to find out soon. If it’s not a girl I think we are just going to find some books about brothers or something to get him excited to have a brother - but maybe it’s a girl and the problem will solve itself! We were going to have a small family only sex reveal, but MH and I decided we should find out first to prepare ourselves for DS’s reaction. He’s so set on a baby sister that I think I’ll be a little sad for him if it’s a boy. 
  • @chewie5990 My 4 year old really wants a brother, but he’s getting a sister. We just gently redirect the conversation with comments like, “well your baby sister is coming in a few weeks”, “do you want to help pick some stuff out for her”, “what do you think about a girl baby”. When we first found out he was unhappy for about two weeks, but he seems to mostly have moved on. Little kids are so much easier to redirect and change their minds over older kids. Luckily my almost 7 year old wanted a girl so he was happy.  
  • @chewie5990 we’re not finding out and the only reason I’m debating finding out a little before the due date is to prepare DD so she doesn’t get upset at the actual baby haha. Toddlers are weird. 
  • @queenklau DD has been a little rough on my belly, I have to remind her all the time. But I think she may be starting to get it. I'm still picking her up all the time though. I'll have to ask the doc about that one. I don't know how I can realistically stop picking her up at any point. Mostly because we are still rear facing so I pick her up to put her in the car seat, she can climb up, but it takes so damn long and then it is harder to get her to sit.

@linsbins I need to get working on DDs big girl room. I think she is going to take giving up the nursery and her bed hard. I keep telling her, but I think until she starts to see the new room come together she wont get it.

@soprano19 That is cute that your daughter had fun in the snow! As for your question/statement... this too shall pass.

@chewie5990 I'm no help with the being upset about the sex thing at this point. We find out in a couple weeks and I guess I will see how DD reacts.

@mamaj1220 :'(
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• EDD/Weeks + Days: May 15/16w6d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She is so excited and constantly talking about how she’s going to help with her baby brother. 

Any questions/concerns? I’m considering bringing her to the 20 week ultrasound. What are people’s thoughts/experiences with that?

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  We celebrate Hanukkah and have started planning our big annual party and tonight I am going to have DD help with decorating. 
  • @lajoliedreamer I haven't done it, but a) some people say it's not allowed at their hospital and b) that can be such a long appointment. Would it upset you if your H has to take her out of the room and then he missed some of it? 

DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 - both great points. I hadn’t even considered the hospital policy on it. 
  • @lajoliedreamer our hospital doesn't allow children at the anatomy scan, but DD came to my OB appointment this week and got to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. If you can bring your daughter to a regular OB appointment rather than the AS, that might be better because it's also shorter.
  • @lajoliedreamer We brought DS to DD's anatomy scan. It was not fun. He ended up taking him out to toys in the waiting room for the last half of my appt, and it really wasn't worth DH being there at all since he was parenting the whole time, TBH. My two now would sit for it and think it's cool, but definitely not if they were 3 or younger.

@mamaj1220 Plan activities one-on-one with him, now and after baby is born. It can be something as mundane as getting ice cream or something bigger. Just something so he gets your undivided time and attention and gets a little love bomb dropped on his heart. Also, never use it as a discipline tool/threat. Sometimes when littles are acting out, they need a love bomb the most. When I'm at my wits end with one, I'm like, "Dude, get in the car. We're going shopping." I struggled a lot while pregnant with DD. I really thought I was ruining DS' life but the truth is that I gave him his best friend. 
  • @lajoliedreamer Look into the 3D/4D ultrasound places. The ones around us usually have coupons and you can do the 10-15 minute option. Far more reasonable for the little kids and in the later part of the second trimester the 3D will look more like a full on baby to little ones. 
  • @lajoliedreamer mine specifically says no kids and only one other adult. It’s not really a fun appointment because the tech is looking for abnormalities. Mine definitely showed us all the parts last time, and what they were looking at, but sometimes it got stressful because she was quiet or trying to get the right angle. And it was laying there for an hour. My daughter came with us for the sex reveal at the boutique place and they had toys and stuff. The 20 week one is just long. 
  • Thanks for all the feedback! I’m going to pass on having her there. She’ll be happy enough to see the pictures and it’s not worth the stress of keeping her occupied. 
  • @chewie5990 I took my boys (3 & 1yr9months) to a great Wolf lodge and it was wonderful! I think we would have enjoyed it even more if they were a bit older and could enjoy more of the water park on their own, but it was a really really good time. 
  • @chewie5990 We took our kids last year when they were 3 and 5 and they loved it! They were able to do everything at the water park and had a blast. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 17+6

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 4 and 6

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Good, they are excited about the baby, but I think they forget about it until something reminds them.

Any questions/concerns? No.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  We find out the sex in 2 weeks, so we are going to do a fun reveal for them!

• Realized I never did this. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 5 / 17+3

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 6 and 4. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? All they do is fight lately. They’re close in age and both boys so I know that leads to more tension between them, but jeez. I’m emotionally and mentally worn out. As soon as DS1 gets out of school they start up and it doesn’t stop. Thanksgiving break was a nightmare. I’m slightly mad that I’m due right before school lets out for the summer. 

Any questions/concerns? Not particularly. 

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month? We’ll probably do a Santa visit soon and see the Christmas lights. Other than that it’s mostly just out of state grandparents visiting for the holidays.