Group 1 (3/1-3/8) check-in week of 12/2

EDD/W+D

Team pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade?

Re: Group 1 (3/1-3/8) check-in week of 12/2

• EDD/W+D: 3/7; 26+2

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Cravings/Aversions: None really! I've noticed an increase in my appetite for sure lately; but I haven't been craving anything in particular.

Upcoming appts: 12/9 for my first appointment with my new doctor. I did the glucose test over a week ago and haven't heard back, so I am assuming I passed! 

Rants/Raves: I get to go home in 16 days! Yes I am counting down the days. I miss my family!

Questions: I feel like my bump is super small for 26 weeks...it makes me self conscious when people comment on how small I am! Baby has been measuring fine at all of my appointment so far, so I know I don't have anything to worry about. I work out consistently and did before I got pregnant, so I guess it's just my abs? Plus this is my first pregnancy so I know that has a lot to do with it. 

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? 
    Definitely getting married and adopting my dog! And finding out I am pregnant (although not pregnancy itself....I was not prepared for "morning" sickness)
  • EDD/W+D: March 8, 26+2 

Team pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Bunch of kale, acorn squash, butternut squash -- sounds like a slow roast fall meal

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really. Hot chocolate, but not desperately, and I've been drinking bitters & soda when we're out at restaurants and bars. At this point, I am over LaCroix. 

Upcoming appts: Dec 13 for glucose screen and TDAP and general check-in. 

Rants/Raves: Had my first really bad night of sleep since I got over morning sickness and feel like semi-hot garbage today. But, the weather is nice and crisp and we're going to the coast this weekend, so it's hard to complain too much. 

Questions: @vrstrawn, I know exactly what you mean. In my prenatal class, my bump was smaller than a lot of women that were like 16 weeks along. I hope you've had the same experience, but honestly I really enjoy still being able to tie my shoes, roll over, and bend down without much effort. 

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? Only one? There were so many! Graduating from law school, passing the bar, getting into HR, adopting our pup, buying a house, getting into backpacking, learning to ski, travelling all over the world, getting married, this pregnancy. Looking forward to the next decade! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @pdx2020 sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well... hope you feel better ☹️

EDD/W+D
    : March 3, 27+1

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce

Cravings/Aversions: none, although sometimes I feel like I’m not eating enough. Not that I don’t want to, I’ve just never had a big appetite. Yet somehow I am still gaining all the pregnancy weight so I guess baby is doing just fine in there 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upcoming appts: glucose and checkup tomorrow

Rants/Raves: I’ve been noticing her hiccups lately and just the thought of her hiccuping makes my heart melt! Rant though... last night was the first night she woke me up with her kicks. I’m worried for the next 13 weeks!

Questions: @vrstrawn I hear ya! This is also my first pregnancy and I’m a smaller build so I felt “too small” for the longest time. But trust me, you will pop eventually! I’m now at the point where strangers will ask me when I’m due and I’m just like “oh, I guess I’m obvious now” lol.

I also have a question: is anyone meeting their pediatrician before baby arrives? I heard I’m supposed to “interview” several to chose from. Who has time for this!!

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? Hands down getting pregnant! After 2 years of trying, 4 failed IUIs and a round of IVF getting this little miracle is the best thing that’s happened to me (and marrying my husband of course 😏). But seriously, I wake up so grateful every day and almost can’t believe it’s actually happening. ❤️ 
  • @slim000, I’m not interviewing any pediatricians...just taking recommendations from friends and my OB (who is due the same day as me, wild!). Also, congratulations to you and your husband ❤️❤️❤️ My cousin has been struggling with IF for over 5 years and is bringing home her newborn adopted son next week — it’s so crazy when it finally works out ❤️ And totally worth it!