July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/2

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/2

• @kboydbowman I’m so sorry for you loss ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • @blaf322 yay!! I feel like they definitely take the edge off. My issue lately has mostly been the reflux which those won’t help with but she had me take something different this morning and I’m feeling a lot better than yesterday so that’s good! Between this and the bands I’m hoping for better days ahead!! So glad they’re helping you!  

• @JessDG yum, donuts sound so good right now. I’m glad your student came in clutch this morning!
  • @blaf322 👏 That’s huge, congratulations!! I did the same earlier this year, so I know how proud you must be! Ours went from zero unpaid to four weeks... for anyone who has worked there 5+ years (which is literally only me 😂). They are giving 2 weeks to anyone who has been there 3+ years. So still basically the stingiest possible leave they could give (although it includes paternity), but a huge bump up from nothing at all. 
  • @Pascal86 Congrats to you too! Something is better than nothing!!
    I had to ask my boss in advance of our IVF b/c I knew he wouldn't approve any part of my proposal if he felt rushed.... so convos about where we were in the process was super awkward :D 
  • @blaf322 that’s awesome!! When I taught they didn’t give us any maternity leave. We had to use whatever sick days we had left which was a joke since you get sick more being around kids. Basically got 6 weeks leave unpaid. I was shocked! Thankful they’re doing things different in most places these days. DH gets 2 weeks paid so we are excited about that! 

• @blaf322 amazing!! Congratulations and gold star to you for advocating for yourself and other women who will come after you! I had a coworker who's amazing and fought for a maternity leave policy here, and it was put in place about 2 months before I had my first. I gave her a gift card to a spa to thank her haha it's amazing how much stress was taken off my plate after knowing the new policy would apply for me. 

Side note: did they have to name it "Child Birth DIsability Leave" though? Having a child is not a disability, but I'll save that rant for another day.
  • @stlbuckeye132 I'm sure that's a way to kind of link it to short term disability... which having a baby is covered under :smile: I guess they consider you temporarily disabled since you have so many limitations right after? Who knows!
  • @blaf322 yeah I told them they needed a policy back in January. They did nothing, and then in July I danced around it while they kept putting it off until I was like, “hi. I want to have another baby. I’m going to find a different job if you don’t update your policy.” Then they finally said they’d deal with it and I’m glad because I didn’t really want to go find another job. 😂

TW - getting the new policy was also bittersweet because a few hours after learning about it I started having initial signs of my MC. So I’m very excited to be pregnant again and get to use it!
  • @blaf322 I know, but the whole childbirth and short term disability thing pisses me off to begin with. For no real good reason either, which is why I won't rant about it. :lol:
  • I stayed up until 10:30 last night, like the rebel I am :D, instead of going to bed around 9 like I have been since getting KU and I. am. dying. SOOOOO tired. I already can't wait to go to bed tonight!

But also, we're catching up on 90 Day Fiance The Other Way and it's the greatest trash TV and so hard to stop watching lol
  • @blaf322 I stayed up until like 9:40 last night and I am exhausted.  I want a nap right now!!

Also-where can I binge watch 90 Day Fiance?  I had the Philo app for a while and watched season 1 and 2--but got rid of it.  But it was so entertaining!
  • @magnolia305 we still have cable so we're able to watch it On Demand but we're moving to YouTube TV whenever our rates go up again (should be in February). I know you can watch it there. 
    Do you have Hulu or Amazon Prime? Google is telling me you can stream it there. If not... doesn't TLC let you watch full episodes on their website?
  • @blaf322 I didn't know it was on hulu/amazon prime! Now I know what I'll be binging on maternity leave...
  • @blaf322 I just signed up for Hulu with Disney+ Perfect!  
  • That's what google is telling me... don't hate me if it's wrong. I didn't fact check lol
  • Bless whichever coworker of mine brought in a giant tub of buttered croissants today. I've now had two of them. Oops.
  • blaf322 said:
    Y'all, I don't know if it's the Sea Bands or coincidence, but I got them last night and started wearing them and I feel like a human being today! I am so. freakin. excited. 
    I'm not saying I'm going to start eating meat again or anything.... but I definitely don't feel like I'm going to be sick, even a little bit! 

And for the person asking about regular vs maternity sea bands, mine are regular and the instructions mention morning sickness so it sounds like the extra $2 they're charging for the "maternity" pink ones it just a pregnancy tax lol... I'd go regular if you haven't already purchased.
    thanks!  i wound up doing just that thinking it was a pink tax type thing :)
  • We got Disney+ last week and were scoping out the catalogue and my first thought was "I know what I'm doing on mat leave" lol
  • On my days home with my daughter, I watch trashy tv while she naps. Today was young and pregnant on mtv. I don’t think I’m a prude in any way shape or form, but I was amazed at how many of the girls on the show did not know who the biological dad of their kid was! 
  • @kc0711 shows like that are totally my guilty pleasure and now I’m sad we don’t have cable 
  • Anybody else watch Call the Midwife?
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman me 🙋🏻‍♀️ I haven’t seen any of the new ones yet but I’ve watched most of them and love it. I like seeing how things have changed as well. 

• @kboydbowman I binged it when I was pregnant with DD, but that’s been almost two years now. Have they added new episodes?
  • They're up to 8 seasons so far.  Most recent one finished in March.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Love call the midwife! I’m all caught up on Netflix - they did add new ones pretty recently but I watched them in like 2 days haha
  • @mehugg Sorry for the stressful morning. I’m also in a cold-ish train to a subway city with rude conductors. I lost my ticket yesterday on the train and moved seats when the conductor moved to hide from her because I knew she wouldn’t believe me even though you have to have your ticket punched to get down to the train anyway.
  • I don't think we have a recall thread on here. ***Recall alert*** for any fellow Trader Joe's addicts:
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/us/trader-joes-recall-listeria-trnd/index.html
  • @b_1029 having no symptoms definitely makes it not feel real. When is your first US again? 
  • @stlbuckeye132 I already had one at 6 weeks and everything was fine 🤦🏼‍♀️ I have my 8 week US on Friday and am starting to stress out again since I still don’t feel anything. 
  • @b_1029 I know it's easier said than done, but try not to freak out! It is very possible to feel great throughout the first trimester and beyond with a healthy baby - speaking from experience! I hope your next US provides you with some more reassurance. I reminded myself with my first that there's no reason to assume anything is progressing as anything other than normally unless my doctor tells me so. 
  • @b_1029 I don't know if it's reassuring but my symptoms other then irritability are all very mild and not daily.  Two US have been great so far.  Hopefully, we get to be lucky and not have bad symptoms.  Though I understand the preference to have the reassurance.
  • Pray for me ladies, my 3yr old has been throwing up all morning. 😣

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @b_1029 I feel similarly - I have symptoms, plenty of them, but they're relatively mild. I had a US two weeks ago that was fine and I go in tomorrow for another and I'm convinced I'm going to get bad news (I have no reason to think this.) Let's take a breath together and try to turn down our crazy? Maybe? Easier said than done... Fx for you on Friday! Also @stlbuckeye132 thank you for the words of wisdom, I needed them

@crystalmir91385 oh NO!!!! good luck....several mom's I work with are home with sick kids right now 😷 thinking of you
  • @b_1029 this is my 3rd, and besides being tired by the mid afternoon/early evening, I have zero symptoms. I was nervous for my u/s yesterday, but everything was good. Fx for you too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @b_1029 I totally understand. I feel like my symptoms are quite mild and I often just don’t feel pregnant. I have no reason to worry, given my 7w US, but I just can’t shake the expectation that the other shoe will eventually drop. Here’s hoping your Friday scan gives you more room to breathe and less room for crazy. Hoping that for myself daily, too!