Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
EDD: 5/16/18
DD born 5/10/18
Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
EDD: 6/12/20

Re: December Symptoms

• Nausea is slowly easing, headaches are picking up, and I’m in that weird in between phase where pants just don’t fit right but maternity pants are too big. The hair tie trick and belly band can only see me through so much. Leggings it is!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I am starting to get some energy back, slowly.  14 weeks today.  Nausea is still coming and going. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 12 weeks tomorrow, no more spotting in almost a week, thank goodness. Anxious for my 14 week appt. starting to get energy back, and nausea has gone for the most part. I have had some cramping/c section scar stretching, so hopefully that baby is growing and wiggling all over! 
  • Appetite is all over the place. Ate like crazy on Saturday, was constantly hungry. Yesterday I took two bites of dinner and was stuffed. This morning could barely handle the idea of eating breakfast and just had some yogurt. Still tired, but some of that could be the cold I'm getting over (hopefully). 
  • Headaches and the start of round ligament pain. 🙁 12 w 3 days 
  • Sinus congestion suuuuuuuuucks. 10+2 and managed to eat and keep down everything that I enjoy about Thanksgiving somehow. RLP but the nausea is lightening and honestly, I'll take that trade. Already have to sleep with a pillow between my knees and I'm wearing my baggy maternity leggings because waistbands and buttons are so uncomfortable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bbluemoobbluemoo member
    edited December 2019
    11+1 today. The nausea isn’t as bad, so I’ve been able to eat more during the day - though I’m still generally nauseous around dinner time 😑
    Headaches have been worse, my nose is permanently stuffy, and the dreams are freaking wild. 

Edit: oh and the gas is ridiculous too lmao
  • Finally hit week 12.... almost at the finish line for 2nd tri! 
    Feeling pretty good. Nausea is almost all the way gone, That weird hairy mouth feeling I told you guys about has gotten better since I reduced heavily my acid intake and started using a different mouth wash. Belly is getting bigger.. but still jiggly lol 
  • I’m feeling okay. Waking up at least twice a night (normally three times) to pee but I feel a bit more alive than I did a few weeks ago! 12wks on Wednesday.  Also still super constipated. YAY. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am 10w5d.  The last few days exhaustion and nausea have ramped up strongly.  Vomiting and naps are a daily thing. 
  • I'm 12w4d and, oddly, I'm feeling worse than earlier. I didn't have many symptoms at all until 2 or so weeks ago. Almost everything seems repulsive and, if I eat, my stomach hurts. Also constant headaches like others have said. At least I felt great on Thanksgiving! It's like the gods smiled upon me and allowed me to eat all the delicious food. :D:D 
  • I’m 11 weeks 3 days today and I have this weird sensation like there isn’t enough room in my lower abdomen 😅 almost like I can feel my uterus starting to crowd my organs. It’s stupid weird. 
  • I’m 13 weeks and 3 days.. feeling on and off nausea but mostly good! I feel like I don’t need to eat the first minute I wake up or have 3am snacks.. I am pretty tired still and still constipated! Colace and Metamucil is working for that though! 

I had a few headaches the last week and a few bouts of raging heart burn! 
  • Belly is hard, I think I'm feeling first tickles from baby. Nausea has retreated a bunch, but balance, coordination, bad. Constipation is only rough when I forget to eat fruits and veggies for a half day + (lazy). I'd be in an OK place if my pelvis wasn't in constant pain. Having three pillows total between knees helps, so that I can sleep at all, but, my body isn't made to make too many babies. I worry I'll be unable to care for the 1 and 3 year old alone by the end.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail You got this! My husband has a great aunt who had 17 kids. She did it and we can too ;-) 

I'm still feeling pretty normal with very few pregnancy symptoms which completely worries me... But I'm getting better at ignoring that :D my mom keeps telling me to just enjoy not being sick, which I feel guilty about reading all the nausea stories and remembering how sick I was last time. My belly is huge though. For not even 13 weeks... Babies one and two I could so hide it at this point. I had to tell my yoga students at barely 11 weeks because there was no way not to in yoga gear. 
  • @yesimpeeingagain mine is so much bigger too! I had to tell coworkers because I wanted it to be on my terms and. It when everyone was already awkwardly wondering. Then found another teacher at my school announced to kids and parents at only 9 weeks 😕 brave to take that risk with little students. Mine in junior high still don’t know but they’ll guess before log. I told them I got a bunch of new clothes for Black Friday so they don’t notice the switch to maternity clothes as quickly 🤪

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @yesimpeeingagain Yeah, but if she had 17 kids, she probably didn't have a pelvis that was threatening to break in half with first kid. I have a medical condition (SPD) of too much relaxin way too early that left me needing massive PT after my first, unable to ride horses anymore, and unable to climb stairs by third trimester with my second. People sometimes end up in wheelchairs because of this and it doesn't always heal up after birth either. In my case I have yet to make it back to 100% of where I was, so even though I've always been an athlete, I have a lot of limitations even when not pregnant already. It's possible I'll end up needing a wheelchair this time, which would be a huge problem with our house being multilevel.My doctor and I have already discussed a handicapped parking permit this pregnancy, but still might not be able to grocery shop alone as two small kids are almost impossible to handle with the electric scooter carts. 

We've also discussed that I may need my pelvis wired shut after this baby if I want to run, ride, or rock climb ever again. 

So no, just because someone else can do it, doesn't mean I can. I had only 4 months mostly pain free since my daughter was born, and went back to constant pain at 6 weeks pregnant. It's all day everyday, but increases slowly in intensity each day.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That sounds awful @pourmeanothermocktail.  I am sorry you have to go through that. 
  • @yesimpeeingagain she had 17 kids. My jaw dropped. How is that possible. 

My grandma had 9 (one set of twins) in 11 years. She was telling stories about pregnancy at Thanksgiving and I’m so glad we live in modern times. She did say she never got nauseous and that even while exclusively breastfeeding she’s get her period back 3 m pp. hence so many sets of Irish twins 😂 she also talked about how both heartbeats for the twins were only picked up once about six weeks before they were born so they really weren’t sure there’s be two babies? That and how my grandpa was never allowed at delivery and she had to stay at the hospital for a full week with each. They were farm folks so I can’t even imagine how truly exhausted she must have been all those years. Makes my first tri working part time with only one look super cushy 😂 

@pourmeanothermocktail pointed out, all these women with this many babies probably didn’t have crazy complications during pregnancy or postpartum. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 That's a lot quickly! Hopefully by number 4 the oldest was able to help some at home, but yeah, those women are definitely rock stars! 

Exclusively nursing my first I got my period at 5 months, even though he had no bottles, wasn't sleeping through the night, no solids. With my second, I was still nursing my first, my second again had no bottles, no sleep, no solids, and period resumed at 7 weeks postpartum. 

I'm only planning on 6 ish weeks off after pregnancy this time too. I'll hope for better, but not counting on it. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My MIL had 8 kids in the span of 20 years 😳 she has always said being pregnant is the best she’s ever felt. I think she had 3-4 losses as well. So crazy! 
  • @pourmeanothermocktail aii! Sorry to hear the pelvic issues :/ did not mean at all to imply our bodies can all do everything. That's a lot to go through. I hope it goes as well as it possibly can! 
  • SO..... nov 27 I had my appointment with maternal and fetal doc, BP was high. 12/2 it got so high I needed to go to the ER. I see the doc again yesterday and I now have to take BP meds. Apparently if you have had preeclampsia there are chances of you having high bp with the following pregnancy, no matter what you do. Even though my bloodwork came back as low risk for preeclampsia. Good thing out of all this is it was caught early I am in good hands and got to see my 'tony' (what my daughter named the baby) twice in less than a week and I get to see my OB this Friday and the m&f doc next week again. At least the nausea is gone... 
  • @lizanet I'm sorry that has to be so stressful 😔

Ive been so constipated the last couple days it driving me insane. I've never had issues before and it is awful 
  • @runwmusic have you tried colace? That and a fruit smoothie tends to help me. 

Insomnia suuuuucks. 
  • @runwmusic Its okay at least it was caught early. 
    I agree with @chaos-and-coffee colace girl, try prune juice too that may help. I make sure to drink lemon water with my meals before and after that has helped me go. 

• Why is that, just when you think you’ve kicked the worst of the nausea aside, you have a day where it’s like a total relapse to 8 weeks when you couldn’t eat anything and can barely move? Baby must be growing something important today but I wish I didn’t have to feel like this to help them make it! 13w today though-almost out of this trimester!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 Yuck. Hang in there!!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So anyone else have ridiculously itchy nipples? Ive been putting lanolin on them to help which I haven’t used since early in breastfeeding with DD and that helps a bit but oh my goodness the itchy is so constant. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 Not with this pregnancy but I did have the itchy nipples with a previous one. I put Vaseline on the disposable nursing pads and put them inside my bra. It did help. 
  • 11 weeks tomorrow and I'm solidly in the land of afternoon/evening nausea, stuffy/runny nose, gas, wacky dreams, and insomnia... Lol super sexy over here. At least my boobs exist again 😂. This pregnancy feels exactly like my first, which isn't what I expected since I often hear that "each pregnancy is different."
  • any one else have days when the hunger is like non existent and other days where you want to literally eat everything in sight? Good gosh I am starving today. 
  • Totally @lizanet or I wont be all that hungry during the day and I will wake up starving at night. 
  • @kerco925 OMG YES!!! I was starving last night but barely ate all day. Today I am sooo hungry. I've had a green apple wit peanut butter, a nice serving of  blue corn chips with some chives creamcheese.  Yet all I can think about is my lunch.
  • @lizanet and @kerco925 me! Today I picked up McDonalds because we had no food at home. I ate six McNuggets and a double burger 😬 eating apples and carrots and chicken the rest of the day but I was ravenous!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I bought a huge salad for dinner and I only ate a few bites.  I am going to regret that at 2 a.m., but I am really not hungry. 
  • I can’t stop eating Christmas cookies. We did a cookie exchange over the weekend and I eat at least 2 every night after I put Ds to bed. Can’t stop! 
  • I feel somewhat normal!  Thursday - Sunday headaches and nausea were hitting hard.  Today I actually feel pretty good! 
  • @lizanet same here. I have days food is blah and days I must eat the world. I've recently become obsessed with peach balsamic and have eaten a ton of lettuce with it. 

My boobs are back to being insanely sore. They hurt to take a bra off even if I'm gentle. I hate this stage. 
  • lizanetlizanet member
    edited December 2019
    @runwmusic                aww at least its healthy food lol 

Same here with the boobies. My soreness has been gone for weeks and randomly came back 2 days ago. try a nice warm shower that helped me yesterday