Group 2 (May 9-16) week of 12/2

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity?
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Group 2 (May 9-16) week of 12/2

• EDD/weeks+days: May 14 / 16+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out this month!

Baby is the size of a(n): can of Spindrift

Upcoming appointments: December 19th, anatomy scan!

How are you feeling? Pretty good, just an elevated gag reflex that is annoying because of post nasal drip. Stairs have been getting more difficult, which scares me because I know it will only get worse.

Raves/Rants: Ugh, this month is so busy and I am not excited for no down time. I have my nieces first birthday party next weekend. The next weekend is a girls shopping day with my aunts and cousins, this I am excited for. The weekend before Christmas is our close friend's daughter's second birthday party. Then I host DH's family on Christmas Eve and don't know if DH is working yet, Christmas Day I host my family. Then the last weekend is Christmas with my moms extended family all weekend out of town, I do love going to this one though. On top of all that my friend asked if I could do her family pictures this month. With my work schedule the weekend or the 2 week days I have off around Christmas are the only days I can do it because we will need to have daylight.

Questions: Nope

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? I love decorating our house and tree. I also would say my extended family gathering the weekend after Christmas is always one of my favorites too. We eat, drink (not this year), play board games, and just have fun all weekend.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua Wow, you do have a lot going on! It all sounds really fun though. Even though you'll be exhausted.🙂

EDD/weeks+days: May 14th/16+4 -Time is flying!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Lavender

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocados 

Upcoming appointments: OB appt Dec. 13th.

How are you feeling? Good... Easily winded and sleep is getting harder. My sciatica is starting to act up a bit. Otherwise, I feel pretty good.

Raves/Rants: I'm starting to feel flutters and I love it!! Can't wait start feeling more. 

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? All the Christmas things. But probably decorating my house and just being in it, the most. I love coming home from work and seeing Christmas lights on my house. And I love watching how excited my kids are.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 11th; 17 weeks today 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate or Cassette tape 

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy Scan Dec 16th. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Can't really complain symptom wise. 

Raves/Rants: Rant - Finding somewhere to live is just a nightmare. Rave - Baby girl's HB was 148 last week and everything still looks good. 

Questions: Nope. 

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? I just love everything about the Christmas season. My favorite, probably is getting hot chocolate and driving around looking at lights. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @smashley09 My AS is December 23rd too!

@Austenista Ugh, I'm so sorry your still stuck at your in-laws. I hope you find a place soon. Any prospects?
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 15/16w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): Philippine Tarsier

Upcoming appointments: I need to call and schedule my 20 wk u/s as well as next midwife appt. 

How are you feeling? Hormonal and having trouble being excited about having another child lately. My anxiety has been out of control. 

Raves/Rants:
    Rant: at my appt last Wed I was told that my insurance preauthorization hadn’t come through yet for my progesterone shots so they couldn’t start it. I called the insurance company this morning and the preauthorization wasn’t even submitted until Tuesday afternoon and they don’t even need to pre-authorize them, it’s covered in my plan.
    Rave: One thing that helps my anxiety some is that I also started to feel some movement. Today it was obvious a few times. 

Questions: None. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite December activity? Probably making latkes/throwing our annual Chanukkah party!
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 16 /16w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out in 2 weeks!!

Baby is the size of a(n): Grande Iced Coffee.... Now I really want one. 

Upcoming appointments: Dec 16 our anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling? pretty good my energy is finally up but I've been getting head aches and my nose is constantly stuffy and I'm sneezing all of the time. 

Raves/Rants: We find out the gender in two weeks but my partners sister wants us to wait until his family is here during Christmas to do a reveal. Which I don't mind. I don't want to do a big thing and I won't be able to get both of our families together at once so I was thinking we would know what the gender is and get our parents gifts to open that would reveal the it to everyone. I'm just worried because my sister did a big reveal that required one person to find out first and my mom got very upset and made a big deal because someone had to know before her. I know she will not be happy if we let his family know first.

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? I love walking outside looking at the lights when there is fresh snow so it makes everything quite and peaceful. 
  • @m6agua so busy! I hope you are able to enjoy it all :)
    @lajoliedreamer I'm sorry to hear you've been anxious, does anything help or do you take anything? 
    @jess09lynn That stinks that you have to worry about people being upset with anything regarding your baby and how you choose to reveal the sex. I hope it all goes well for you!

EDD/weeks+days: 5/14, 16+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Upcoming appointments: 12/24 for AS and appt. afterward

How are you feeling? I'm feeling really good - enjoying a little more energy! It's been useful, I feel like life stuff has been hitting hard lately.  :p

Raves/Rants: MH broke our high chair last week and the one I ordered isn't in yet. Man I miss that thing. You don't realize how useful something is until you don't have one! 

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? Getting our decorations/tree out and just enjoying family time. 
  • @ruby696 @lajoliedreamer @smashley09 So exciting that you all are feeling movement! I am still in the unsure phase, once in a while I think... maybe.

@lajoliedreamer Are you getting started on the progesterone right away then since the pre-auth isn't needed?

@jess09lynn I would say screw what everyone else wants and do what feels right for you and your partner.

@rachelg777 I'm glad you are feeling better, sorry that life stuff is getting in the way.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @jess09lynn are your parents close by where you can have them open a gift the same day so they are finding out really close to the same time?  Or ship them a gift revealing the sex if they are farther away?  Or you can always tell them to buzz off.  Another option is just tell your parents first and don't tell IL's that they are finding out second lol

EDD/weeks+days: May 13th/ 16+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): can of soda

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy Scan 12/16

How are you feeling? huge lol I finally busted out maternity work pants today.  I had been fine in my regular pants and only wearing maternity jeans but yesterday after lunch they got uncomfortable so bring on all the maternity clothes.  

Raves/Rants: I swear I was feeling movement around 11-12 weeks just a little but then hadn't felt much in awhile.  I think I'm feeling some again the last few days but I've also been really gassy so it's hard to differentiate sometimes and then I wonder if it's all in my head and it's actually all just gas and shouldn't I feel more because i felt DD1 by 16 weeks and I'm supposed to feel more/earlier with #2  :D

Questions: nah

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? Everything Christmas-related.  I love decorations, looking at Christmas lights, Christmas music, and celebrating Christmas with family. And of course buying and giving gifts :)

• EDD/weeks+days: May 13th 16W6d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green 💚

Baby is the size of a(n): eclair 😀

Upcoming appointments: December 17th for the 2nd ultrasound 😍

How are you feeling? Tired & still nauseous sometimes but finally eating better. 

Raves/Rants: so while Black Friday/cyber Monday shopping I stumbled upon targets line of postpartum care!! I’m so happy to know I can order back up mesh panties & witch hazel pads 😂

Questions: 

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? I love Christmas morning just watching my kids destroy our living room with all their joy. We stay in our pjs all day & just watch movies. It’s so relaxing. 
  • @bananapanda my parents are very close so I could definitely see them the same day. and I don't think my IL would care if they are told second so that would be fine. I'm probably just over complicating things because I'm dreading
    having the drama that was around my sister's reveal.

@m6agua haha I wish! I'm a people pleaser. 

@rachelg777 thanks! 🙂
  • @rachelg777 - I’m not currently taking anything for my anxiety. I know some of the issue is that I’m not sleeping enough as well as not eating as healthy as I should. Hopefully I can figure out how to prioritize myself more to better address it. 

@m6agua - I need to call the midwifery office, but I’m hoping to get in this week. It should just be swinging by the office and getting the shot from a nurse, I just don’t know if they keep it on hand or have to order it. 
  • heyybrittheyybritt member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: May 15/16+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can

Upcoming appointments: Dec 10th for check-in, then get to schedule the anatomy scan later this month!

How are you feeling? tired but that might just be from all the traveling the past 2 weeks, we were in CA for Thanksgiving and then I turned around right back to the airport and flew to Reno this week for work.

Raves/Rants: Why do conference centers have the smallest food places? It's so fun to try and get lunch at the same time as 5,000 other people.

Questions: nope

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? Christmas cookies! And just decorating and feeling festive in general. I need to figure out what is on my baking list this year, I try and do at least one new one every year. Open to suggestions if anyone has a favorite cookie to share!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @heyybritt These were introduced to me as being called Grinch cookies because of the color, but they're delicious and I make them every year for Christmas. https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/mint-chocolate-chip-cookies/22bebeda-ea36-441a-9909-ae78409d6da6
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista these look great! I love mint chocolate. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • edited December 2019
    @heyybritt - I love baking cookies, too! Two of my favorites are magical mint cookies and melting moments. Let me know if you want the recipes - I’ll have to dig them out when I get home from work! 

ETA - grammar
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 13/17 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out on December 27!

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on December 27

How are you feeling? Pretty good. My bump popped yesterday, so I'm finally starting to look pregnant and not just overly full.

Raves/Rants: Work has sucked big time the last week or so, but I think it's finally starting to calm down.

Questions: None

(From group 3) GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? Everything Christmas related! We have a lot of fun Christmas events and activities in our area, like big light displays and stuff, so we're planning on visiting those with DD. I also have three major performances within the next three weeks, two where I'm singing major solos and also our school concert where I'm conducting everything. December is a crazy time for musicians, but it's a huge part of my life and how I enjoy the holidays. The year DD was born (in October), I was on maternity leave during the holidays and we had recently changed churches, all of which resulted in me doing absolutely zero music stuff for the first time in my entire life. It made the holidays a lot harder emotionally, so I'm really glad to be back to my "normal."