May 2020 Moms

December Symptoms

What symptoms are you experiencing this month? Questions?

❄❄❄

Re: December Symptoms

• Still going strong with the insomnia.  Broke down and bought some unisom per the advice of the midwife and some others, still was up every hour, fun times.
  • This may not be pregnancy-specific, but I have bad shoulder/arm pain after sleeping on one side. My pregnancy pillow helps prop me to one side but I end up with pain on one shoulder...if I sleep well, I wake up with awful pain. Can’t win either way...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My gag reflex has been heightened with pregnancy. Having post nasal drip and coughing up crud every morning isn't fun with the elevated gag reflex.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @queenklau I totally wake up with back/neck/shoulder pain now, and while not caused by pregnancy, I feel it is caused by sleeping in a different position to normal, so I guess I can't win either.
  • 18 weeks and suddenly back to all day nausea after having a two week break. Woo. Also working on another sinus infection due to the unpredictable weather.

My main sleeping complaint is that my stomach is tiny this time and I can’t really prop it on a pillow but I also can’t sleep on my side without some severe side pain due to my weight pulling forward. 
  • @rox7777 have you tried throwing your leg over a body pillow?
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @queenklau I'm having similar issues with a stiff shoulder the way I have been sleeping.  I'm also getting to the point I guess where my arms fall asleep quicker making certain positions uncomfortable.  I remember it happening with DD but I don't know if it was quite this early.  
  • @bananapanda I've been having the same thing with my arms falling asleep every night, no matter the position. Probably since like week 13.
  • @catem07 I sleep with a pillow between my legs, but I just can’t get my stomach in a good position. My body pillow feels too awkward right now. I’ll probably be a hot mess until third trimester. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited December 2019
    @pirateduck Hopefully the unisom helps! Insomnia is starting to creep in for me.

My major symptom is that my body is just going through it. Round ligament pain, back aches, and leg soreness. My body just isn’t comfortable with this new center of gravity. I’m really nervous about the third trimester. 

P.S. I’ve had these small bumps under my skin on my abdomen that come and go. I have an appointment in an hour so I’ll be back with an update on what they are. I’m thinking that it’s just fat deposits but we’ll see what the doctor says 🤞🏾

Edit: Update, the bumps I’m feeling are just my muscles. Side effect of everything getting pushed up and out.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • I can totally relate to the insomnia. I’m just used to be being up all night now. I even joke about just getting a night job 😂. I’ve been noticing that my finders are really swollen. I’m not sure if it’s just water retention or something concerning as I’m only 14 weeks.
  • ***TW I had to go to the ER last Sunday for bleeding, they checked me out, everything seemed good, couldn't figure out why I was bleeding. I just went to the bathroom and I've started bleeding again. I have my 16 week appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 3 p.m. I am absolutely freaking out though. My logical side wants to say that everything will be fine like last week, but my anxiety is just telling me that this can't possibly be good, two bleeding spells back to back like this. I had already had a sub scheduled for the afternoon, and I think I want to try to take the whole day off now. 
  • @heatherlynn321 That’s so scary! I hope everything is fine, just like Sunday and I hope that you can find a way to help settle the anxiety. A whole day off isn’t a bad idea. 

Please keep us updated! 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @heatherlynn321 I hope everything is fine and the OB has some answers for you.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @heatherlynn321 I'm sorry you're having these bleeding scares. FX everything is fine! Good luck at your appointment today!
  • @heatherlynn321 Good luck today, I'll be thinking of you. Hoping it's nothing to be worried about. ❤
  • @heatherlynn321 sorry you are going through this again today.  I hope you get some good news at your appointment and the afternoon passes quickly!
  • Thanks guys, while waiting for my appointment this afternoon, I also went ahead and moved up my therapy session to this week as well. In case they tell me this bleeding is somehow normal, I'm going to need ways of coping without having a meltdown each time. I'm worried that they're going to just listen to the baby, and then not do an ultrasound. I can see them doing that since it was fine last time. I overall like the practice I go to, but they want you to see a different doctor each time leading up to the birth, so you don't have a stranger delivering for you. My issue is that I like most of the doctors, but there's 2 that dont have the best bedside manner when it comes to PGAL brain, not that they're mean, it just feels like they don't really listen or take concerns as seriously as the others do.
  • @heatherlynn321 I'd specifically tell them that you want an US in case you have a subchorionic hemorrhage. Most clear up, but it's still important for them to know if you have one. And it explains the bleeding episodes. Push back if they try to placate you. Good luck!
  • @ruby696 Thanks, that's a good thing to bring up. I always feel like I have to justify everything, even though I shouldn't, but that feels like a good way to justify it if it seems like they don't want to do an ultrasound. 
  • I just finished my appointment, they did an ultrasound and speculum exam. They said the baby looks good, my cervix looks good, he doesn't see where the bleeding could be coming from. They saw no sign of of a SCH, the only thing the ultrasound tech said was my placenta looked a little low to my cervix, but she said not enough to where it could be causing the bleeding. The doctor seemed like everything was fine, but said we would monitor it at my next appointment, and then finished with there's no guarantees though, and not really anything we can do if the bleeding progresses. He tried to reassure me that he thought it would be fine though. I know I should feel somewhat better, but I don't at all. I'm sitting in my car crying right now. I still just feel so scared that this is a bad thing and I'm going to lose the baby. My next appointment isn't until December 30th for the anatomy scan.
  • Ugh, I'm sorry @heatherlynn321. It's great that baby is looking good and your cervix is looking good. Hopefully the bleeding is over and everything will be perfect on the 30th. ❤❤
  • My boobs hurt so bad for no reason still and I am sick of it. Also going to PT for my sciatica and hoping that I will be more comfortable when laying down and trying to sleep. On a bright note, I am no longer puking with everything. 
  • @heatherlynn321 that's quite a mixed bag - good that everything looks ok with baby but not super reassuring that they don't know what's causing it. Fingers crossed that everything continues to be good and that this month speeds by for your next appointment.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Thanks @ruby696 and @heyybritt, I'm just hoping things settle down and I dont have anymore scares. I'm glad I moved my therapy appointment up, it usually helps me to push my anxious feelings away for a while. This might be way too much information, but I've gone down the google rabbit hole trying to possibly find an answer. It seems like the bleeding is coming from my vagina and not past that. Although I've been on pelvic rest, I've read from a few old posts that possibly straining from constipation can irritate your cervix and cause vaginal bleeding. I've had a lot of second trimester constipation lately. I know for sure it's vaginal bleeding too. I'm hoping this is the cause since this seems like the least scary cause of 2nd trimester bleeding. 
  • @heatherlynn321 I would be an anxious mess if I was bleeding without answers! I totally understand and I'm so sorry that's happening. Hopefully everything will continue to be fine but I'm glad you have a good therapist.
  • Thanks @allie456, she does a good job of really trying to focus on the facts and having me tune out all the what ifs and unknowns. 
  • @heatherlynn321 bleeding/spotting with no reasoning is one of the toughest parts. I hope you get to feeling more comfortable soon and no more random spotting <3
  • @heatherlynn321 FX that it really isn't anything to worry about and it's just a normal annoying prego symptom for you. Wish I had any helpful anecdotes to offer.
  • @heatherlynn321 Make sure to ask about your placenta’s position at your anatomy scan. They give it until 20 weeks to move up. I had placenta previa with my last and it does cause spontaneous bleeding that is largely considered “unharmful” until the third trimester. 
  • @rox7777 Thanks, I'll definitely bring it back up then. I'm hoping to find out a lot more information on everything at my anatomy scan. Hopefully my placenta moves up though. 
  • I have been more nauseous lately, I blame anxiety and post nasal drip.  We were in the car yesterday and I kept rolling down the window so I wouldn’t puke in the car and could even stick my head out and puke if I had to and my husband kept putting the window back up.  I was trying to explain to him that the window down for a minute until I stopped gagging was better than me puking in his car.  He didn’t seem to get it.
  • My understanding is that pregnancy effects circulation and can even cause your limbs to go to sleep more easily. My hands tingle a lot when I sleep and my shoulders bug me too. This has happened every pregnancy for me and is just another one of those things. I think it bugs me a lot esp because pregnancy gives me BP issues. I notice big time if I forget to take my medicine. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’ve noticed some Braxton Hicks the last few days, which seems really early. Overall, I’m feeling okay but definitely tired and some intermittent nausea

Photobucket imageimage

• @Austenista Circulation issues are huge for me during pregnancy. Especially if I’m laying or sitting the wrong way. I’ve rolled into my back a few times while sleeping and woken up to numb hands and arms. I’m definitely one of those that has to left side sleep.

@michaelad3 I was having them yesterday while trying to scrub the tub. It doesn’t seem to early for me, but TTM and 18 weeks so I know my uterus is all too prepared for this. 
  • @michaelad3 I've noticed them too, particularly when (possibly TMI) fooling around with MH. 

the most annoying thing to me is the burping though. sheesh!
  • @rox7777 I’m also a TTM, but 16 weeks today. I remember them closer to 20ish weeks last time. Glad to know I’m not alone!

Photobucket imageimage

• @allie456 Seriously with the burping!! It makes me gag and feel like I’m going to throw up.

Also, I stopped taking my Diclegis 3 days ago, I was doing fine the first 2 days. But I didn’t sleep well last night, too excited to see baby today, and now I’ve been throwing up throughout the day. Ugh I’ve discovered I have a very low tolerance for nausea and vomiting. 

• Is anyone else still completely exhausted? I thought I was supposed to have all this "2nd trimester energy," but I'm 16w4d and I still just want to sleep all the time.