Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) w/o 12/2

EDD/W+D

Team pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade?

Re: Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) w/o 12/2

• Loading the player...
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I’m loving all the movements too! I hope you are able to find something to make you more comfortable. I guess my cousin swears by acupuncture but I’ve never tried it personally and don’t know if it’s pregnancy safe. I’ve been finding yoga and doing some light weight training has been helping me get more comfortable. 

@stassischroeder I think blotches on your face are probably normal. Have you changed your skincare at all? If it gets worse it doesn’t hurt to call and ask but I think they are more concerned about rashes on your hands and feet. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @WorkingOnMyNightCheese ugh, sorry the chiropractor doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. I have a PT appt on the 13th, so I'll let you know if she has any magical exercises or stretches. And we're glucose screening buddies!

@varimama I don't feel like most of my BHs are as obvious as they were with pregnancy #1. Occasionally I'll get a strong one that's unmistakable, but a lot are pretty easy to miss.  

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @varimama I am having BH a lot this pregnancy and they're pretty noticeable. I wouldn't call them painful, but an uncomfortable tightening.
  • @keeksie84 I remember seeing a TON of young kids and babies out at all hours of the night the last time I visited Vegas. It was nuts! 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @treetop19 thanks for sharing your birth stories and detailing the difference between your unmedicated vs medicated birth. I'm a FTM and I'm nervous about how I will handle the pain so I'm not sure whether or not I'll be going for an epidural, but I'm hoping to try to go without one as long as I can.
  • @treetop19, thanks so much for the detailed comparison! Maybe I missed it, but are you leaning more towards medicated or unmedicated for this birth? I had an epidural last time and after reading your description I think I'll do it again, lol! 
  • @keeksie84, I am hoping to go unmedicated again, but a lot of that is going to depend on DH's ability to be there 'in the trenches' the entire birth.. he may have to be attending to DS instead if our childcare options fall through.  I'm also hoping I'll have more supportive nurses, so maybe they could fill in any gaps this time around.  so I guess I'm just going to play it by ear the day of since so many things are still up in the air, I'm not super opposed to getting an epidural if it's going to be necessary under the circumstances.  I also feel like since I've already experienced unmedicated once (it was kind of a bucket-list item for me), that I won't be super sad if I can't do it again. 
  • @lizp1229 I went into labor with DS exactly how you are now. Everyone is different, but in my experience, I would've needed A LOT more preparation and support in order to forgo the epidural. After that experience, I know that, if I really want to go med-free this time, I will need to be doing some sort of prep course like hypnobabies, and hiring a doula. Granted, my labor was slightly complicated by cervical scar tissue, which meant that I was having transition-like contractions at 2cm. But, I doubt my decision to have an epidural would've changed if I didn't have scar tissue - I would've just gotten it a bit later. 
    LSS: if you're serious about having a med-free birth, do a lot of prep and hire a doula!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @treetop19 Thank you so much! Those are the exact details I was hoping someone would share. I think the more you know about what can happen etc. the better. I've heard so much too from moms re: the pain after (med free). I also love your description of it as a "bucket list" item. I think that is part of it for me, but I also know that my god was labor painful and I'm probably simply too weak to go without an epidural... but I want to think more openly about it and SERIOUSLY consider it. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @treetop19 it’s so nice to hear perspective from someone who has had both medicated and unmedicated birth!!! I have been induced twice and had epidural both times. This time i would really love to experience natural birth. H isn’t super into that idea though so I don’t know what I’ll do without a supportive birthing partner. 
  • MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/W+D: March 13 / 25+4

Team pink/blue/green: Team pink! :) 

Baby is the size of a(n): I'm not even sure at this point, lol!  An acorn squash, according to the Internet.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm still craving roast beef sandwiches from Arby's and all the sweet things ever... especially chocolate cake, mmmmmm!  It's hard for me to eat a lot of meat, but gimme all the side dishes!  Also chai tea lattes.  I'm not sure what has made me decide that I need them now, but I am obsessed.  Oh, and super random - deviled eggs.

Upcoming appts: My next appointment is December 20, just a general check up.  I have to get a TDAP shot, which doesn't sound pleasant. 

Rants/Raves: I'm still raving about feeling this baby move so much!  I was so worried that I was never going to feel her (silly anterior placenta) but I feel her very often now and I love it.  ALSO I FINALLY STARTED THE ZOLOFT ALMOST TWO WEEKS AGO!  I feel soooooooooo much better.  I haven't been weepy!  I am totally dried out from it, though, which is super annoying.  But I'll take it over how I was feeling previously any day.  I should have taken it way, way sooner.

Questions: None right now <3 

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? This decade was a whirlwind for me.... and I really don't have a lot of good to show for it until this past year.  I got married and divorced, which really, really, really is painful.  But I also started dating my friend who I've known for a long time and now we're together and having a baby.  I just got a promotion at work (hence how dang busy I've been lately), and I feel like things might be looking up for me.  Fingers crossed this next decade is better for me. 
  • @Malidocious So glad you hear the Zoloft is helping! Yay for modern medicine and not settling and suffering with discomfort. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • EDD/W+D: March 12, 25W+5D

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower

Cravings/Aversions: Craving oatmeal and oat-based baked goods for some reason.

Upcoming appts: Had the 1 hour glucose test today, go back for a measurement and checkup on the 23rd

Rants/Raves: THIS BABY IS SO WIGGLY. Of course throughout Thanksgiving week, when all the aunts and moms were going "IS THE BABY KICKING???" she was completely chill. I return to normal life though and it's like she's trying to kick through my abdominal wall!
    I'm having pretty much constant heartburn again. Probably my uterus and my stomach fighting for space.

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade?
    Dang. A decade ago I wasn't even out of undergrad yet. So I guess this decade I got my first degree, followed by my first real job, got a masters degree, met my husband, married my husband, and got pregnant.
  • @mauvelousone I ate oatmeal while baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today. What is it about oats that make them so craveable?
  • momoftoddlersmomoftoddlers member
    edited December 2019
    @miss.sally I also was induced and had an epidural both times. I don’t think I can handle a full on natural birth (I have very low pain tolerance and I know it, and also anxiety gets the best of me) but I am interested in laboring naturally longer/laboring at home longer/having increased mobility, listening to my body more and feeling some contractions, and only getting the epidural when I really need it. That is one of the reasons I switched to a midwife this time. (They’re part of my OB practice so all of the support of a midwife, with the perks of an OB and anesthesiologist on standby.) Interested to hear everyone’s thoughts on this too. I think we need a thread. 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/12, 25+5

Team pink/blue/green: blue! 

Baby is the size of a(n): TI-89 calculator lol

Cravings/Aversions: pie, pie and more pie. Still not wanting most meats. 

Upcoming appts: 12/6 with my midwife!

Rants/Raves: Rant! I have used natural deodorant for a while (Native specifically) and within the last week I swear to god it’s no longer working, I showered with DH the other day and he said I was “ripe” 🙄😂 I’m blaming pregnancy hormones 

Questions: anyone score anything great for baby on Black Friday? This is our 1st so we need everything and I was so happy to get the Halo bassinet I wanted plus nursery furniture and got so much kohl’s cash back that I bought a bunch of clothes and some registry items 😂

GTKY: There's only one month left to 2019! What has been one of your highlights of the past decade? These last 10 years have been a doozy. I moved away from my hometown, got married, bought a house, got divorced (needed that more than I knew 😂) reconnected with my now husband, had a whirlwind romance, got married, moved back closer to home, bought another house, and now we are going to be parents. So glad this decade allowed me a big mess up and the best do-over I could have imagined 🥰
  • @mrsvp614 TWO EMMYS?! Do tell!
  • @EmilyLove25 I am wanting an epidural free birth. I am really keen on being able to have a faster recovery process. I am doing my best to prepare but since this is baby number 1, I’m open to being a little flexible and do whatever is best for baby ultimately. But I’m sure as hell going to try to skip that epidural. I’m terrified of all the stories I have heard about women having recurrent pain in the epidural site years afterward 😐

• @treetop19 thank you for your novel!! I want to go for no epidural and I want to be as prepared as possible 
  • @mrsvp614 that is awesome!
  • @mrsvp614 That is so impressive!!

@emilyace Eek, I hadn't really heard about women having recurring pain in their epidural site... that makes me nervous.

@mauvelousone My baby has been so wiggly lately too, except of course on Thanksgiving when anyone else wanted to feel her!  :D