Re-Intro! (children mentioned/losses mentioned) — The Bump
Infertility

Re-Intro! (children mentioned/losses mentioned)

Hi ladies! 

I'm not new-new, but I haven't been on these boards in a couple years. A little background: DH and I are both 35. We married in October 2014 and started TTC the following summer. After a couple miscarriages, we went to a fertility doctor who discovered that I'm a carrier for Fragile X, so she recommended jumping right into IVF so we can nip the mutation in the bud so any future children wouldn't have to worry about/deal with it when they're grown and ready to start a family. We started the IVF process at the beginning of 2016, and had our first FET in May 2017, which resulted in our twins, Nathaniel and Isabella, who were born in December 2017.

We finally feel ready to start the process again in hopes of baby #3, and we have our first consultation with our fertility doctor on December 3rd! I know we have to update our blood tests and I'll have to get a new baseline ultrasound and HSG (ugh!). If everything goes as expected (normal IVF cycle, then sending 5 day embryos for PGD testing, and then starting the FET cycle once the results come in) we are (hopefully!) aiming for a spring (April-May-June) FET.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, and also catching up with some of the names that I recognize! :smile:

Re: Re-Intro! (children mentioned/losses mentioned)

• @caseyw8784 Hi! Welcome back. I remember you from D17. Join us in the waiting thread.
  • Hi @caseyw8784! I remember you from transfer boards back in 2016! Glad to hear your twins are healthy and that you're ready to get the ball rolling again soon!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
    caseyw8784