February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/2-12/8

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/2-12/8

• Loading the player...
  • @clee5711 I wasn’t panicking, but you panicking is making me nesty. Off to organize baby clothes...

@craftywitch sorry work is so overwhelming. 
  • @clee5711 Panic setting in over here, too lol. 

@craftywitch Sorry you're getting bombarded at work! 

@ibabyloveb87 Good luck!!! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @craftywitch I’m sorry work is so crazy. 

@daffodil_shoe organizing baby clothes sounds fun. I should go through the newborn-0-3 bin to see if there is anything I actually need and it will make me teary and excited for this baby. The panic is mostly about making sure I get to the hospital in time and being home alone with three small kiddos. 

@i@ibabyloveb87 I hope you pass!
  • @babyroma @craftywitch sorry work is so crazy! I’m so zoned out this time of year so I’m keeping fingers crossed things are slow!

@clee5711 I’m feeling freaked out too! Except I have no prior experience - maybe ignorance is bliss in this case? Lol
  • @huskervbfan Oh no!!! The heartburn is so rough!

@nhh11 Too funny about the nesting urge and not getting to "scratch the itch" until the weekend haha!

Also getting the nesting urge. DH called our realtor this morning and told him that we aren't trying to rush him but there's a sense of urgency since if we got an accepted offer by this weekend it would put us into the first week of February. And apparently they were making fun of me because I'm "nesting" and can't do anything. I've legit sorted out all our baby stuff so far like 5 times? And since we don't really have a space in our current house cleared out yet - all the baby stuff is stashed in a big dresser lol. OYE.
    TW
  • Our time off system is on crack today. I swore I’d taken all my time off (or had it scheduled out already). I go to double check and it tells me I have 16 hours. So I put in for two more days and now it’s saying my balance is 33 hours. WTF 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Ughhhh, my joints are officially loosening up. Relaxin makes my joints so loose and it makes my hip joints so painful to do things like sit or walk or lay down. 10 weeks to go with this pain.
  • @kiwi2628 Feel your pain girl. I have been having issues for the last two months. I am so ready to be done with this pain, it is killer.
  • Baby boy feels like he’s trying to break my water every time he kicks/punches/rolls today. 
  • Just dropped most of our Christmas cards in the mail! Hubs realized last night that he forgot to tell me to add a few people to the list so we have another small batch that will have to go out but I'm so excited to start sending them yearly! 
    Side story, my Aunt has always sent super elaborate Christmas cards/newsletters (like one year she sent a pill bottle with m&ms and their newsletter...imagine the shock of opening a mailbox to a random pill bottle haha) and they almost always arrive like the day after Thanksgiving. She's pissed this year because they all had to be hand cancelled and people haven't gotten them yet. And my Aunt is the calmest person I know! 
  • @babyroma I loooove Christmas cards. I usually am the first person to send them out too, but this year I’m behind. I addressed some last night and need to finish them tonight. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @bg122785 Thanks for reminding me about the breast pump. I haven't ordered mine yet. I already have a medela freestyle from baby #1, so I think I'll go for the spectra this time around. Which one did you decide on? 

• I actually went with the freestyle this time around. A few of my friends recommended it. How did you like it @lanie1000?
  • @bg122785 It held up really well given it was used 2,000+ times. I exclusively pumped for just over a year and it never let me down. I was basically attached at the hip to that thing. I never felt like I had any issues with suction. I figure I'll try the Spectra out and if it doesn't work I know I have my trusty Medela to fall back on. 
  • @lanie1000 yes it’s crazy! we are all getting so close! We had two preemies in my last bmb— obviously I want everyone’s little ones to stay put for now. But it’s crazy to think we’re getting to the end   
  • Awesome! Thanks @lanie1000 :-)
  • @babyroma your kitty looks just like ours! So cute! She sleeps with us every night.   I love her snuggles but have been kicking her off lately because I'm so uncomfortable! They must sense it somehow. She comes right back anyway! We also have 2 puppers but they are cuddle bugs so who knows if that is different 🤷 
  • @babyroma, your cat looks like my childhood cat named Tigger. I also laughed at the mental image of baby kicking cat from inside and the cat just continuing to chill there on your stomach.
  • @foreveronyourside she splits her time sleeping at DH's feet and her bed on the dresser next to me. I probably toss and turn too much for her to be next to me!

@jvk2012 I think the best part of her just hanging when baby kicked particularly hard, she turned and looked at me like I was the one who did it! 
  • @daffodil_shoe Oh, that is so annoying!!! 
    TW
  • @daffodil_shoe - I don't think it isn't that you don't have the balls to respond, its just that you are so unprepared and flabbergasted that someone would say that to you! I've gotten it this time too. 

@lanie1000 - ooh the Madela freestyle is on my list of pumps to check out from insurance. So far I'm also considering the Madela Sonata and the Ameda Mya which uses the same bottles as the spectra, which isn't great because I have mostly Madela bottles but I do have the adaptors, since I have the Spectra and the Madela PIS from last time around. There are 13 on the list, but they do not coordinate the Elvie and I was hoping to get one. They are 10% off right now. Maybe I will get the Freestyle or the Mya with Freemies? So confusing even for a STM.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• oh also, I haven't even ordered my holiday cards this year...I think I'm going to be late!! :neutral:
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020