1st Trimester

Sac but no baby + high hcg!

I went to the emergency today because I have pain on my right side we were concerned it's ectopic pregnancy but it is not.
In the ultra sound there is a sac but no baby and my hcg were 3600, doctor said it might not be a viral pregnancy 🥺🙁

3600 is not normal? I am so sad 😢 did anyone had same experience

Re: Sac but no baby + high hcg!

• I went to the emergency today because I have pain on my right side we were concerned it's ectopic pregnancy but it is not.
    In the ultra sound there is a sac but no baby and my hcg were 3600, doctor said it might not be a viral pregnancy 🥺🙁

3600 is not normal? I am so sad 😢 did anyone had same experience

How far along are you? Depending how far it's possible to have a sac and no baby yet. Was there a fetal pole? Follow up with your ob/gyn.  You may get better answers than an ER doc that is not highly trained in Ob. 
  • According to the ultrasound she said 6 weeks. My appointment with my ob is on Wednesday so I need to be patient
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your struggles.  Anything is possible, and as @harpseal135 said, ER doctors are not trained in OB matters very well.  So it's possible they misread the ultrasound or didn't really know what they were doing.  However, 6 weeks along and not seeing anything but a sac is not very good news.  I'd brace yourself for the worst, as it seems where you're headed.  If that's the case, there are some great TTCAL and MC support groups here at the bump. Good luck.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF