Group 3 (July 17-24) Check-in w/o 12/2

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? 

Re: Group 3 (July 17-24) Check-in w/o 12/2

• Thanks for starting this, @b_1029!

EDD/weeks+days: July 19/7+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Not finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M/Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Going in this Thursday for early ultrasound #2 (after my first dating ultrasound showed I wasn't as far along as we thought) - the goal is to see the little bean and catch a heartbeat! (last time was just gestational sac & yolk). I can't wait!!

How are you feeling? Nausea has started since last week, but the bigger thing is food aversions. Nothing sounds like what I want to eat. Nothing. Texture seems to be the big thing - I had some slightly undercooked butternut squash and couldn't finish my dinner after that. 

Raves/Rants: I got to tell my family over Thanksgiving, and it was such a fun moment! It was also really nice to be, like, "publicly" pregnant within that group. I'm eager to tell more people if only to excuse being super tired, not drinking, and being picky about food haha. We're telling my in-laws this coming weekend, so I'm looking forward to that. 

Questions: How are y'all thinking about exercise? I know it's important, but I'm so sluggish these days, and when I try, I feel really weak. I probably need more iron....I would feel good about walking but it's getting dark at like 4:15 pm these days.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? Christmas eve is really fun with both my and DH's families. On my side, we watch old home movies and exchange sibling gifts. On DH's side, we get pajamas and books. I love it :) (also, bittersweet that some of these traditions will need to change in the coming years!)
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2019
    @mehugg ahhh I hope your US goes well Thursday! How’d you tell your family? As far as exercise...I’ve been trying to stay active, but I’m so sluggish. Are you able to walk during a lunch break or something (not sure what you do for work)? That’s what I’ve been trying to do on the days I know I won’t make it to the gym

EDD/weeks+days: 7/17, 7+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): uncooked piece of macaroni/ lemon head 

Upcoming appointments: 8 week US Friday! 

How are you feeling? I’ve been feeling hungover since thanksgiving. The fact that I’ve been eating like crap can’t help. Need to reel that in this week while I still can and avoid gaining like 20# in the first tri haha 

Raves/Rants: rant- I fell asleep on the couch Saturday night and must’ve messed up my back because it’s killing me. I need to walk to CVS later and get some tylonel. Rave- we told DH’s 2 sisters and grandmas (this will be one of their first great grandchildren so that was exciting!) last night and it was really fun. Everyone basically burst into chaos and was crying. It was really sweet ❤️

Questions: can I use a heating pad on my back? Is that a dumb question? Haha 

Oops, forgot to answer this the first time. “Back in the day” my mom always used to make waffles on Christmas morning and I looked forward to it every year. It has stopped which makes me sad and I tried bringing it back one year but it turns out I suck at making waffles. DH’s immediate family always does a little Christmas and decorates a tree so that’s always fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: undecided

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: first appt tomorrow

How are you feeling? Tired in the evenings, otherwise fine 

Raves/Rants: none

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition?  We don't really have any because each yearis different. Hopefully we can slow down and make some soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days:July 18;  7 weeks 2 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out through blood work

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: I just had my first sonogram today. Next official appointment is on the 23rd. They sent my info over to the high risk doctor too because I'm old so not sure when that appointment will be yet.

How are you feeling? Ok. I'm lucky with mild pregnancies so I'm thankful for that. I'm a little sick though with a sore throat so that's been fun especially at night with all the coughing keeping me up.

Raves/Rants: My obgyn is amazing, she delivered all my other kids and I really like her but her office is always the worst. She is a one woman show so it's always backed up and I went today for my sono and a general check up and I had to leave and come back because I had to get.my youngest from preschool. Its just hard to juggle this with all the drop off and pick up times. 

Questions: Does anyone know how to do Ramzi theory. I'm so confused by it lol.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? I like visiting tree farms to get our tree and taking pics. I want to start baking more with my kids too so that's something I want to try to start up. My kids love when their elf comes and we are doing a Christmas book Advent this year where we read a new Christmas book every night.
  • DD/weeks+days: July 24/ 6+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): a pea

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound with RE on Wednesday. I'm so anxious to see a heartbeat!

How are you feeling? fine.  waves of nausea here and there and definitely more tired than usual but feeling okay. 

Raves/Rants: I got my tree up and decorated today.  There really isn't a good place to put it on our first floor especially with my 15-month-old tornado toddler so I have it up in my office area where I can admire it all day.  

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? I love Christmas.  I love the whole season and seeing friends and family, giving gifts, etc.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @b_1029 my mom asked for a Christmas list that included "something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read" so I did that with a bunch of baby stuff. She couldn't believe it, it was cute. I work at a nonprofit and can definitely take walk breaks - lots of my colleagues have done so while pregnant, that's a good idea. I'm not sure about a heating pad, but it seems like heat stuff is like "don't overdo it" right? Like they're not out here telling us to take cold showers, but saunas and hot tubs are off limits. I'd guess based on that standard it's gotta be okay for a little while.

@crystalmir91385 good luck tomorrow!

@enchantindragon congrats on the good ultrasound! I've never heard of ramzi?

@laurad75 good luck Wednesday!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7-17/7+3

Upcoming appointments: 2nd ultrasound tomorrow. 

How are you feeling? Tired! Kinda dizzy/ lightheaded

Raves/Rants: I wish there was more time to sleep. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? Christmas eve beer tasting with my family, which I will not be participating in this year 😔
  • @mehugg Ramzi is based of the idea that where the placenta implants can predict the gender.  If you google it there are all kinds of pictures about it but  its hard because some people say it matters whether the sonogram is done trans vaginally or abominably etc.  I mean its a 50 50 shot no matter what so just like with any of those early guess predictors its hard to say how accurate it is but its fun to speculate always isnt it. 
  • @mehugg oh wait, I totally remember that from the announcements thread. Such a cute idea! I’m glad you’re able to get out for walks at work for some sort of movement! For future reference- the internet says I can use a heating pad for 20 min at a time (she says while laying in bed on said heating pad)

@enchantindragon hope you get better soon! That office sounds fun...glad you like your OB though!

@laurad75 ahhh only 1 more day until your US, I hope everything looks perfect!
  • jacquimariajacquimaria member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: July 20/ 7+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We're going to find out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Silkworm cocoon/gummy bear/raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Dec 23 is my first prenatal with my ObGyn. Have had bloodwork done through my Family Doc so just waiting now. In my province we don't get a first ultrasound until 18-22wks GA so long wait ahead for that

How are you feeling? Nauseous, achey/bloated stomach. Not eating much at all but trying to graze on snacks where I can

Raves/Rants: Rave to my Mum. She lives 3 provinces away in our hometown and sent me a "Bump Box" this week filled with goodies - lavender from her garden at home, cream, bath bombs, home baked gingerbread, tea, and a good book <3

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? We always sit out in the hot tub on Christmas morning with some Glugg wein (our family is Austrian). Sadly can't have a hottub this year, but I found an alcohol-free Glugg at the grocery store that I hope tastes ok!
  • Thanks girls.  US wasn't quite perfect.  Baby had a low heartrate so I have to go back next week.  I'm really nervous and waiting another week is going to be rough.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 Oh it's still early hopefully next week will show everything as it should be. I know it will be hard but try to keep as busy as you can so time flies. Good luck! 
  • hi there! my first time posting on this board! Lovely to meet you all! Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy with beautiful babies a little over seven months from now (woah!)

EDD/weeks+days: July 17th, 7weeks+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out, hopefully during NIPT. I was team green with my first baby and it was an amazing surprise! But I accidentally found out with my second baby (I requested they not tell during NIPT, but they did anyway!), and I was actually really happy to know. I found it made the pregnancy feel more real. This time I want to know esp since It would be helpful to know whether to keep all my baby’s girlie things or discard and solicit friends with boys for their discards :) 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: just had first OB appt. It made the pregnancy feel more real since there was a heartbeat! I’m hoping to have a homebirth so intvwing midwives starting next week! 

How are you feeling? Nauseous and dizzy. Keep feeling like I’m about to faint! I think maybe because I’m still breastfeeding my 8month old.. I go from being famished to unable to contemplate eating at all v quickly! 

Raves/Rants: Not telling ppl early while you need the most sympathy is soo hard. I’m not ready to tell my work colleagues, but wish I could on days when I’m just exhausted or feeling awful. 

Questions: I’m most nervous about being able to keep nursing my baby through this pregnancy. If anyone has tips or experience with that would love to know! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? Love Christmas especially baking homemade British Christmas things like mince pies etc. my mother and I baked our Christmas cake several weeks ago and it’s already aging in the cupboard!

• @laurad75 Just wanted to send all the best wishes as you get through this week... the rollercoaster of emotions that is pregnancy can be so insanely difficult. Thinking of you xxx
  • @jacquimaria I came across this recent study about hot tub use: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/03/01/pregnant-women-can-enjoy-hot-baths-saunas-without-risk-says/amp/ It really seems to refute the advice to avoid during pregnancy.. I’m planning to ask my OB what she thinks. It seems if the issue is of internal temperature going too high, if I can monitor my temp with a thermometer to make sure it doesn’t go above 101 or something, it might be totally fine.
  • This is my first post with this pregnancy. I had been waiting until it felt more real. Here goes!

EDD/weeks+days: EDD 7/21/20, 7 weeks +1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: definitely team finding out

Upcoming appointments: next week, 12/12/19

How are you feeling? 
    I start most days super nauseous. Then as the day progresses it turns into super heart burn, stays as nausea, or fades completely. 

Raves/Rants: 
    No real rants, I’m just thankful to be here. My rave is simply that this is finally happening! We have 1 daughter that was a miracle in herself. This time around has been 4 long years in the making with 9 months of failed fertility treatments 2 years ago. I was finally starting to accept that my daughter was never going to be a big sister and then on my husbands birthday our lives changed. 

Questions: 
    None

I love the extra time with family. The get togethers and dinners and lights. It’s all wonderful fun!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/19 7w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean 

Upcoming appointments: just had viability US today! Next appointment in three weeks for physical and listening to the heartbeat. 

How are you feeling? I feel like I have a constant hangover and I still have aversions to most food. Lost 3 lbs... weak, tired, and just crying because I’m sick of feeling sick. 

Raves/Rants: I just want to eat real FOOD 😩

Questions: has anyone been prescribed Bojesta for pregnancy sickness? My doctor gave me some samples to try.. 

When I was little, my mom and I would get Christmas PJs and decorate the house listening to Christmas music. Now, my husband and I always put up the trees together and watch Christmas movies. 😎
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Upcoming appointments:the 23rd, I had my first on 11/25, and was able to hear a heartbeat! The next one is at ten weeks, the wait is so hard, but feeling lucky to have had an early US too.  

How are you feeling? Okay, I’ve got a cold which is adding to my exhaustion. Waves of random nausea, and food cravings/aversions, but other than that okay! 

Raves/Rants: It’s my first and all of the conflicting advise is confusing. My OB gave me an approved meds list, but then the internet says to only take meds if necessary! It’s like it would definitely help me get through the workday, but I can also suffer if I need to... ready for the second trimester when things are a little safer! 

Questions: Meal prepping is hard bc I’m eating way more often and also have less energy to do the work! Anyone have any tips? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas / winter tradition? I love Christmas at my family’s it so fun to celebrate. Some of my family knows I’m pregnant already so it will be fun to celebrate that this year too! 
  • laurainoakland That's interesting to read! Always neat to see new research coming out :)
    I think for now I'd avoid the hot tub at least... the evidence I'm aware of now recommends especially avoiding it in the first trimester due to inc. risk of open neural tube defects and congenital heart disease. But you're right in that if your core temp doesn't become too high, or alternatively the hot tub isn't too hot, then it could theoretically be ok. 
    I have been enjoying baths though, just not usually to the temperature I'd have otherwise!