July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/2

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/2

• DH and I watched comedian Mike Birbiglia’s new Netflix special (The New One) last night and it was really funny and poignant, all about his becoming a first time dad. I had one of those laugh/sob spells which I’m blaming on hormones. Definitely worth a watch if you like stand up specials! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @rachelredhead thanks for the head's up! I'll add it to our list to watch :smile:

• Everyone tell me what you're having for lunch....

I have gooooot to figure out what sounds good for lunch before I get nauseous from not eating.
  • @blaf322 I'm having chili, but I'm not sure how helpful that will be for you... :grimace:
  • I made grilled cheese with tomato soup and grapes and watermelon. 
  • @blaf322  super healthy lunch over here - granola bar and crackers and a seltzer. Forcing myself to eat a whole days worth of vegetables for dinner tonight! 😬
  • @blaf322 I’ve decided to test out no coffee for a few days (umm, brutal) to see if it helps the nausea & reflux. Lunch was spinach pesto pasta with grilled chicken thighs, peas & a side of mango. 
  • @mehugg I have been eating complete crap for weeks. Definitely need to get back on the fruit and veggies bandwagon!
  • blaf322 said:
    Everyone tell me what you're having for lunch....

I have gooooot to figure out what sounds good for lunch before I get nauseous from not eating.
    :D The struggle is real. I made scallion egg fried rice and some stir-fried cauliflower with tomatoes. I have some grapes and pears for snacking.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @mehugg I'm not even trying to worry about being healthy right now. I can't. I'm in survival mode :D:tired_face:

I ended up going to CookOut (it's a southern chain... maybe NC only?) and got a grilled cheese, chicken wrap, and a side of cole slaw.... protein, diary and veggies, right? :D  (just kidding... I swear I know better than that lol). I managed to get most of it down and feel pretty good right now! yay!

• Half a gyro and half an order (of what is a giant order) of fries and a small soda from my favorite place in my old neighborhood @blaf322, lunch of champions (although I had oatmeal and fruit for breakfast so not doing too bad TBH).
  • @blaf322  I looooove Cookout!  I'm in Virginia and we have them here too.  There is one dangerously close to my house and I love their hush puppies so much.  

• @JessDG Yesss... the hush puppies are so good! But the smell of anything fried is no good right now so I didn't get any this time. 
  • @blaf322 I know I am very late, but I had homemade veggie chili. I hope you found something delicious for lunch! It is DH's bday tomorrow so his MIL is getting donair-zerottis for supper and I am so excited.

@b_1029 Oh my goodness that stuff is so good!! Noone would blame you for a double serving.
  • A cheeseburger and banana's foster milkshake.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @bluguitarhannah mmmmm... a milkshake sounds amazing. I allllmost got one of those too (I usually go banana pineapple or oreo) but protein shakes have made my nausea HORRIBLE so I was too scared to try lol
  • @blaf322 I've been on a grilled cheese kick.
  • @blaf322 I had leftover quiche and roasted veggies for First Lunch. And just had avocado, rice noodle and carrot “sushi” rolls for Second Lunch. 😁
  • @rachelredhead first and second lunch :D I love it!
  • @b_1029 someone brought a huge bag of those ghiradlli peppermint bark squares into the office and let’s just say they last about one day. We are an office of 8. 

I am in that phase where I’m not nauseous but literally every food I can think of doesn’t sound appetizing so I am living off protein drinks and string cheese and potato chips. 
  • Random question, I am just starting to participate in here so sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, but would anyone be interested in a mental health check in? Or is it too soon for that? Can’t remember when we started it on my last board. 
  • @zande2016 @Pascal86 agreed with both of those threads! 
  • I could definitely use a check-in. I don’t feel like I’m in the best mental state for sure. This ones just been so much harder than the girls and feeling like the to do list is just piling but it’s hard to get anything done. I can tell it’s affecting DH too. He’s been so great but his plate is full as well and he’s had to pause it all because I’ve been so sick today. I feel really bad!  

• @blaf322 you went to CookOut and *didn't* have a hot dog or burger and a shake?  BLASPHEMY.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @zande2016 as long as the resident psychologist isn't expected to run it!  I lack the energy after dealing with clients all day. :smile:
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Lunch today for me was a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup leftover from last night, a piece of cheese, some "pregnancy tea" (ask if you want the recipe), and a curry cauliflower "hot pocket."
    Current pregnancy -

• Also, a sad random - my best friend passed away this week.  :'(
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman I'm so very sorry for your loss. 
  • @kboydbowman I’m sure that’s been really devastating and I hope you’re able to cope while also managing all the pregnancy hormones at the same time. That is a lot.
  • @kboydbowman wow, I cannot imagine that loss. How heartbreaking. Hope you’re surrounded by folks who know best how to comfort and support you. 
  • @kboydbowman I’m so sorry for your loss! 

• @kboydbowman wow i am so very sorry for your loss
  • @kboydbowman I'm so sorry for your loss :(
    Re: the no hot dog or burger, I got what I could get down lol
  • Y'all, I don't know if it's the Sea Bands or coincidence, but I got them last night and started wearing them and I feel like a human being today! I am so. freakin. excited. 
    I'm not saying I'm going to start eating meat again or anything.... but I definitely don't feel like I'm going to be sick, even a little bit! 

And for the person asking about regular vs maternity sea bands, mine are regular and the instructions mention morning sickness so it sounds like the extra $2 they're charging for the "maternity" pink ones it just a pregnancy tax lol... I'd go regular if you haven't already purchased.