Group 4 (July 25-31) check-in w/o 12/02

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: "Which would you rather be if you had the choice -- divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?" - Anne of Green Gables

Re: Group 4 (July 25-31) check-in w/o 12/02

• EDD/weeks+days: July 31st, 2020/5w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I guess I am leaning towards team pink. I keep referring to the baby as a she(or as BB8), but we aren't finding out. There is so much more I can knit for a girl :lol:

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming appointments: First u/s on December 19th

How are you feeling? Nausea, fatigue and some pulling/stretching.  Nausea was really bad on the weekend. I was so grateful though. I prefer the symptoms. It lets me know BB8 is there.

Raves/Rants: Okay so December 19th is a bit further away than I initially anticipated. MIL assures me it will be here in no time. 17 days :#

Questions: Nothing yet.

GTKY: "Which would you rather be if you had the choice -- divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?" - Anne of Green Gables
    • Anne is one of my favourite characters and I love this quote. Dazzlingly clever for sure!

• nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited December 2019
    EDD: 7/26 (yet I have my first app Wednesday so it may change a bit) 6w 1d. 
    Team finding out! (When I first started thinking I wanted a baby I didn’t want to know. But now that it’s happening. We want to know haha)

baby is the size of a pea(finally out of the seed stages!)

I have my history intake appointment tomorrow, and my first physical appt on Wednesday. 
    Overall feeling fine, my symptoms get more prominent as the day goes on- sore breasts(pretty sure they’ve gotten bigger), intermittent mild nausea throughout the day, lots of gas, opposite of constipated.  :s Also 99% sure I have BV again. So yay for that.

Raves: 2% milk :D (haven’t drank anything other than almond milk for probably 4 years, and haven’t drank 2% in over a decade haha) 

I’d rather be dazzlingly clever- but not in a way to deceive people! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nursejenn5 Thursday/Friday is when I finally graduate from the seed stage as well :lol: Good luck Wednesday!

I thought of a rant. I have left a couple of messages for the provincial midwives just to complete the intake process. They have a wait list which I can be added to, but they actually have to call me back! My fertility clinic monitors me for the first trimester then passes me off to an OB so they take care of the backup, but I want a midwife!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6 weeks on the dot

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: this Wednesday at my regular OB who followed me with my mc. Dec 23 with high risk/MFM. 

How are you feeling? Like garbage. My toddler is sleeping like crap and wanting to nurse all night which is not helping! But I am just worn out and so nauseated all the time. 

Raves/Rants: My husband watched our daughter yesterday so I could have a mamas day and get a facial and pedicure. It was amazing. 

Questions: waaaaay super early, but starting to do my research on vbacs. I had to have a cs with DD, really really really hoping to do an unmedicated vbac this time. Anyone else going to attempt a vbac this go round?

GTKY: "Which would you rather be if you had the choice -- divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?" - Anne of Green Gables: dazzlingly clever for sure!!
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 25th, 6+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments: I have a nurse/intake appointment on Friday.

How are you feeling?  So gross. Sore boobs, nauseated (only physically sick once so far), so extremely tired, acne.. major food aversions.

Raves/Rants: when we told my sisters on Thanksgiving, my one sister said, "I knew you were last Sunday because you took 2 slices of cake!" Uh, no, I took ONE slice of cake, an hour after everyone else ate, and I was nauseous AF. But cool story. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Dazzlingly clever for sure! 
  • *lurking from group 1*

@kc0711 I’m trying for a VBAC too this time :) 
  • @footdrbritt woohoo! We will have to start a vbac thread when the time comes. Glad to know someone else is in the same boat!
  • and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: July 25/ 6+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We found out with our first 2. Baby 3 we were team green. My husband wants to find out this time but I’d love another surprise. So I’m not sure yet. I may find out so we can get rid of stuff.

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: First appointment next Monday.

How are you feeling? Just having some nausea and back pain. Otherwise feel fine.

Rants/raves: I’m so sad my baby is ONE next month. Can’t believe how fast it went.

Questions:

GTKY: clever I suppose.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • EDD/weeks+days:  5 weeks 5 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  We are finding out.  Everyone (except for my H) is team Pink.  I'm okay either way.  My mom found a random box of my old cabbage patch dolls in a closet where they did not belong today and is taking that as a sign haha. 

Baby is the size of a(n):  Appleseed.  Looking forward to being out of the seed stage too!

Upcoming appointments:  Ultrasound next Thursday Dec. 12.  

How are you feeling?  Pretty good.  Tired and queasy occasionally.  I had a unicorn pregnancy with  my first in regards to nausea and I'm hoping for the same this time around.  But...sometimes I wish I felt more symptoms because it freaks me out not to.  

Raves/Rants:  We have three full weeks of school until winter break.  I am Counting. The. Days.

GTKY: Clever...for sure!
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 29 / 5w5d (based on my own best guess)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: FO at ultrasound

Baby is the size of a(n): this thread is in a pretty narrow window... it’s going to be more or less the same for all of us, right? 😂

Upcoming appointments: December 17 - getting nervous!

How are you feeling? Kind of tired always with some days of utter exhaustion and inability to function. Yesterday I went on a 7 mile run with friends - usually I can do that pretty easily, but it’s been a couple weeks since I last ran, so I very quickly discovered that my breathing has gone to shit and I asked my friends to walk so many times... really wanted to tell them I was pregnant to explain my struggles but instead was just like, “kind of out of shape, sorry guys!” And today I’m so sore I can barely move. Also getting nausea every afternoon, especially if I’m hungry. And sometimes that nasty metallic taste in my mouth. 

Raves/Rants: my husband took the kids out and I lay motionless in bed watching tv almost all day on Friday. It was actually kind of awful because I felt so bad but I’m so grateful he let me do it in peace. 

Questions: How am I not even 6 weeks yet?? First trimester is soooo long. 

I have a lot of follow up questions before I can answer this one. 😆
  • @Pascal86 seriously, I was just thinking I cannot believe I’m not even 6 weeks yet and 1st tri lasts forever 

EDD/weeks+days:  5+6 I believe 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: undecided....I want to be green, H cannot stand the thought of not knowing. I have two boys so I really want this one to be a girl but I don’t think my husband makes girl sperm 🤷‍♀️

Baby is the size of a(n): still in the seed phase

Upcoming appointments: December 11th....just over a week away. First visit with midwife and I believe they will do a dating scan 

How are you feeling? Lightheaded!!! For the past two days and I kept thinking I was getting sick but I guess it’s just a fun new pregnancy symptom. Also heartburn and gas and extreme exhaustion. 

Raves/Rants: today was a snow day on top of a 4 day weekend and I think we all have cabin fever. On the other hand I am scared to put on real pants tomorrow and also try to function like an adult when I am so exhausted. 

Questions: Is 6 weeks too early for maternity clothes? Asking for a friend... 

GTKY: "Which would you rather be if you had the choice -- divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?" - Anne of Green Gables hmmm I guess clever? 
  • @zande2016 (sandlot voice) FOR.EV.ER.

Everyone in my entire generation AND all our children are females, so my husband insists our eggs destroy Y chromosomes. We both keep saying that the loss we had a while ago must have been a boy and my body was like, “excuse me, you’re not allowed back here.” Because we’re a little bit morbid but also because of our family tree. 🤷‍♀️ I will be shocked (but excited) if this one is a boy!
  • @Pascal86 I’ve read scientific studies that some men really do make more X sperm and some make more y sperm, so statistically they are more likely to make that sex. They say if the dad has mostly male siblings you are more likely to have a boy and vice versa. So interesting! My H is one of 3 boys and his dad is one of two boys so I am convinced my FIL and H only make boys. 
  • Pascal86Pascal86 member
    edited December 2019
    @zande2016 I’ve heard that too, but I like to give my eggs the credit for everything instead of his sperm. 😂 Also my husband is an only child, so who knows!
  • @Pascal86 hahaha and I prefer to blame
    my husband for the fact that I’ll probably never have a daughter 

(I’m mostly kidding....I’ll be thrilled no matter the sex....but I really need someone to pass my American girl doll collection to) 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    5w+3d

I'm super team pink, need to find out so I have time to manage potential gender disappointment. 

bb pellet

Upcoming appointments:
    12/12

How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous and dizzy

Raves/Rants: 
    Too many people want to come over for dinner, full time job, school on the weekends, 2 yo and pregnant, give me spaceeee

Questions: 
    Anyone faint super early in their pregnancy?

Definitely dazzlingly clever!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    5w+5d

Team Finding Out! Husband and I are hoping for a girl because we have a ton of boys in our family, but we will be extremely happy either way  :)

Peppercorn 

Upcoming appointments:
    Dec. 5th

How are you feeling? 
    Extremely fatigued and really sore breasts/nipples. I tend to get nauseous first thing in the morning and before bed.

Raves/Rants: 
    Loosing patience! I work as a childcare provider at a daycare, and I work with mostly infants and toddlers. At the end of the work day I am exhausted and can’t wait to just sit and have quiet. How do people do this for 9 months?! 

Questions
    I can’t think of questions. I’ve just been super paranoid about something bad happening and loosing my peppercorn. We have had 3 family members pass this year, with the last being my mom two months ago. I feel like I can’t handle any more tragedy right now so I’m just praying the next few weeks go smoothly.

GTKY: “Which would you rather be if you had the choice -- divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?” - Anne of Green Gables
    Clever :) 
  • @elk90 girl I don't know how you do it!! I'm so exhausted I can barely take care of my own 1-year old at the end of the day. Sorry about the loss of your mom  :'(

EDD/weeks+days: July 26 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green 

Baby is the size of a(n): corn kernel 

Upcoming appointments: u/s scheduled for December 21, appointment with NP on December 27th 

How are you feeling? sososo tired. I briefly fell asleep while sitting up during a coteacher's presentation. I think she saw me. I felt so bad. I wish I could just yell "it's cause i'm pregnant!". I'm really hungry all of the time. I'm also nauseous but I was nauseous for the entire 9 months of my pregnancy with my daughter. @JessDG super jealous of your unicorn nausea-free pregnancy lol. 

Raves/Rants: The exhaustion around Christmas time really sucks! I love to do all the Christmas things but I've just been too tired. 

Questions: Anyone have any tips for fake drinking? like alcohol lol. I'm dreading all of the upcoming events I have to attend and dodge the drinking. I guess I just have to face it people are going to figure it out. 

I'm also going to have to say dazzingly clever. 
  • @elk90 not sure if this is your first or you’ve done this before, but most people feel a lot better once the first trimester is over. So hopefully you’ll feel better in 2 months and not like this the whole 9! Although working as a childcare provider has to take a whole lot more energy out of you. I am so in awe of my kids’ teachers and their ability to deal with all of them!

Hope everything goes well for you too, that’s so much to deal with all at once! 💕
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6W4D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out--DH wants a girl so bad.

Baby is the size of a(n): Pea

Upcoming appointments: Next Tuesday--u/s! One more week!!

How are you feeling? all day sickness--super tired--emotional

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

I love Anne of Green Gables--Dazzlingly Clever! 

@zande2016 I am pretty sure DH only makes boy sperm, too.  Probably going to get baby boy #3.  Also--I ordered several pair of maternity leggings yesterday!  I do not understand why people take so much pride in wearing regular clothes their entire pregnancy...maternity clothes is AMAZING. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 28; 6 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! We were Team Green with DS and I loved the surprise. However, I was so sick the first and second trimesters that I had trouble bonding with the pregnancy. If I get that sick again, finding out may help me bond earlier on.

Upcoming appointments: 12/16

How are you feeling? I feel dizzy, faint, tired, and the nausea is starting. I’ve had food aversions for a week – having a really hard time stomaching meat and vegetables.  

Raves/Rants: My OB has been so awesome. I developed hyperemesis with my last pregnancy and I was bedridden for weeks except for trips to the ER for IVs – it was absolutely miserable.  I’m very scared of it happening again, but my OB is helping me be proactive by giving me prescriptions for the medications that actually helped last time so that I have them on hand before symptoms start.

GTKY: "Which would you rather be if you had the choice -- divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?" - Anne of Green Gables: a
    ngelically good

@zande2016 and @jkbrownstein I feel lightheaded/faint as well. There have been a couple of times that I didn’t even feel comfortable driving. My OB thinks it’s either a manifestation of morning sickness or my body adjusting to hormones. I will say that it has eased up for me the past couple of days while the nausea has increased.

• @mrsdrez can you call it a New Years resolution to stop drinking? People might not question that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @mrsdrez
    My last pregnancy, anytime someone asked why I wasn't drinking I told them I was on antibiotics for a UTI.  haha
  • @mrsdrez vodka soda with lime, hold the vodka   :D it worked for my last pregnancy and this one so far!
    @jkbrownstein I have a heart condition and faint randomly all the time. I take meds to control it, but things like staying hydrated and getting enough salt are really important to manage it. 
  • @kc0711 my SIL snd FIL have vasovagal syncope. Is that what you have?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rachstar18 Yup, I have neurocardiogenic vasovagal syncope. But it is all just a side effect from a genetic connective tissue disorder that I have. Lots of weird symptoms and side effects!
  • my lightheadedness got sooo bad today, especially while i was walking around target. i chugged a huge gatorade and now feel a lot better although still lightheaded. i was scared i was going to faint in target. 
  • @kc0711 My FIL tells the story of when he learned he had it. He literally laughed so hard he blacked out. Good times.

I am super lightheaded and dizzy but mine is related to my thyroid. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rachstar18 oh dam I hadn’t even though of that. I have hashimoto’s and haven’t had mine checked yet since it was just checked and perfect a couple weeks before I conceived. I wonder if that could be the culprit. 
  • @zande2016 I also have hashis. Several times a week I wake up so dizzy I can’t even stand up. I’ve already seen my endo twice now. I would definitely get an appt. They’ll have to adjust your meds all throughout your pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rachstar18 I called my endo when I found out and he said I can wait until my first prenatal appointment to have blood drawn and send him the results. He was comfortable waiting since I had recent bloodwork. My appointment is next week but maybe I’ll ask for a requisition and go to the lab this week. In my last two pregnancies I never needed an adjustment oddly 
  • @rachstar18, @JessDG, @kc0711 Thanks for the tips! I think I'm just generally too much of a sh*t show to pull off the whole faking it thing :p LOL! plus my husband has been basically talking about a second since before our first was born so I don't think anyone will buy it. I'm thinking a cancelled babysitter and/or illness will let me avoid the parties altogether haha (thanks dd). Will keep you posted. 
  • @mrsdrez in that case, buy a flask and take that to all the parties. Become the ultimate alcoholic 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We had been trying to get pregnant for about 3 years so I have slowly been weaning myself off alcohol. Noone questions why I don't drink now thank goodness. So many family members will be over for Christmas  :#
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green!

Upcoming appointments: US on Tuesday! 

How are you feeling? Exhausted, boobs are sore and I go between feeling really hungry and really nauseous for most of the day. I am thankful for these symptoms though, even if they are inconvenient! I am also really craving salty foods...not so much sweets...

Raves/Rants: Rave- my husband has taken over so much of the housework because I typically feel the most sick and tired in the evenings when I get home from work. Rants- It is so hard to stay patient and energetic as a teacher right now! I feel bad that I am not 100% for my kids. 

Dazzlingly clever for sure. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): pea?

Upcoming appointments: had my first appointment to confirm and have my first “official” appointment in a couple of weeks. Ultrasound is getting done on Tuesday

How are you feeling? Perpetually hungover. Also, crazy bloated. I didn’t show for a very long time with my first pregnancy yet I’ve been unbuttoning my jeans at every opportunity with this one 😳

Raves/Rants: I went to a wedding last night and had the WORST stomachache. It already sucks not being able to drink but being in pain really ruined my night. I’m blaming this spicy spinach dip I had during cocktail hour + pregnancy. 

Questions: I’m sure I’ll think of something right after I post this 

clever!
  • Hello all! 7w1d
    EDD: 07/25/20
    Team green for now. May change my mind when the opportunity presents itself! 
    Baby is the size of an m&m 

I don’t have my first appointment set up yet. My new insurance don’t kick in until 01/20 so hoping to get in the first week of January. 

Feeling: extremely tired! Had my first bit of food aversions this weekend. Nothing sounded good to eat so ordered a basic cheese burger and I couldn’t even pick it up without gagging. 

Rants and raves: I had a very low key weekend with lots of sleeping! Two days of extreme food aversions but today is better! 

Question: is it too soon to get a pregnancy pillow?! My sleep hasn’t been as sound the last week and a half!