Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 11.30-12.1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 11.30-12.1

• Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 21/between 4 and 5

Timing: -3, -2, -1, O, +1

Typical LP length: 11-14

Testing: Trying to hold out until AF is due cd30, but not feeling like I’m going to have the self control.

R/R: Thanksgiving was ROUGH and full of **TRIGGERS**. So many conversations about pregnancy and babies. Multiple folks straight up asked me when we were going to have kids. One s.o. of a family member told me I should get pregnant soon as to inconvenience my workplace less. My aunt told me that two of her cousins on the other side of the family got married last year and are already expecting (DH and I are closing in on our 5th anniversary), and said “it’s a priority to some people”. 

And lastly, I know it wasn’t on purpose, but even got triggered by DH in front of my whole family. DH and I have been watching Modern Love. There’s an episode about PG that I made a big deal of skipping and said I couldn’t watch it. Then we were looking for a movie to watch after thanksgiving and DH pulls up that episode. 

• @notagoodpatient I’m really sorry that all that happened to you—especially the bit with YH. Did you guys have the opportunity to talk about it in private afterward?
  • Loading the player...
  • @ssbl thank you! We did talk about it, he apologized profusely. He said he knew it wasn’t a good choice but got sort of wrapped up in some of his social anxiety about being around a lot of new in laws (we had thanksgiving we some of my family that we rarely see). 

How are you doing? I related so much to your post on the Holiday Support thread about the bad feelings TTC sometimes encourages. I definitely struggle with feeling jealous of people in this journey, which I know is crazy since I don’t know the behind the scenes of their journey. 
  • @notagoodpatient That’s good—I’m glad you guys were able to work it out and he heard/understood where you were coming from. 

I’m doing okay—Thank you for asking. I was just having a bad moment on this TTC roller coaster, so a little time (and the words of @ziggymama06 and @mindyb2019) got me into a better frame of mind. I saw my brother and SIL (still not drinking...) again on Friday night and felt much closer to 60% happy and 40% jealous lol. Your feelings aren’t crazy. Those feelings are going to come and go, and we just have to recognize them and let them pass.