April 2020 Moms

Group 1 (April 1-8) Week of 11/25

I didn’t see this yet - if I missed it, we can make this a different discussion!

EDD/W+D:  

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite side dish or dessert for a holiday meal? (I stole this GTKY from Group 2 because I loved it!)

Re: Group 1 (April 1-8) Week of 11/25

• jenabaryjenabary member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/W+D:  April 7 / 21 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue (so weird to know this now!)

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Upcoming Appointments: December 19 for 24 weeks - just a standard check-in, plus we’ll go over my scan results in more detail. 

How are you feeling? I feel good physically, but I have been so irritable the last few days, which is not great for being on vacation around family!

Raves/Rants: My parents are treating my sister and me to a couples’ massage on Friday! It will be a fun thing for us to do together. I’m super curious how the “with child” massage will compare to her standard massage. They already told me I will be on my side, but other than that, I don’t know what to expect. 

Questions: I’ve been starting to feel more nervous about the transition into parenthood. Anyone else? What are you/were you worried about and how did you overcome it?

GTKY: What is your favorite side dish or dessert for a holiday meal? I love my mom’s green bean casserole, and I could eat rolls with cranberry sauce all day long. Not a huge pumpkin pie fan, so my favorite holiday dessert is ice cream! At Christmas, we usually have peppermint ice cream. Now that I am thinking about ice cream, I might need it for breakfast. 😊
  • EDD/W+D:  April 7, 21 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink!!

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until the end of December 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. The pregnancy insomnia is kicking my butt though, and I’ve got a lot of back pain

Raves/Rants: I’m finally giving in and upgrading my iPhone from 5S to XR. I love the small size of this one, but the battery is dying, and I’ve noticed a lot of app crashes lately. My new phone should be in this week! And I have a massage booked for Sunday, which I need some badly!

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite side dish or dessert for a holiday meal? (I stole this GTKY from Group 2 because I loved it!) Hmm... it’s not really a dessert, but I make fudge every holiday season, and it’s one of my favorite treats

@jenabary That’s interesting that you’ll be on your side. My RMT uses special cushions so that I can lay on my stomach like normal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D:  April 5th / 21+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing for awhile

How are you feeling? Overall very good!! Still have the freaking acne but I feel like it’s on the mend. (I’ve been saying that for a few weeks now) 

Raves/Rants: My itchy belly is driving me crazy right now! Anyone have tips?? I’ve been oiling / lotioning like crazy. 

Questions: @jenabary I get a bit nervous about the transition as well. I’ve been trying to do lots of reading to help myself feel more prepared. I know you can’t make a specific “plan” exactly but I like having the tools. Lately I’ve been reading lots on sleep training. I love to sleep so I hope my baby does as well. 😂 I found a great Instagram page “takingcarababies” .. so far highly recommend! 

GTKY: What is your favorite side dish or dessert for a holiday meal? (I stole this GTKY from Group 2 because I loved it!)

My mom makes a yam/brown sugar/ marshmallow dish .. my fav for sure !!! 
  • @Sailing_Mama I’ll report back! Maybe they do a combo of pillows and different positions...

@kath1414 Glad to know I’m not alone. I’ve been reading a lot as well, but I’ve focused more on pregnancy/birth. I think it might be time to switch focus to caring for baby! I’ll let you know if I come across any good resources! I will definitely check out the Instagram you suggested!

• @kath1414 and @jenabary Try not to worry too much, or get too focused on how you want to parent when they are so little. Babies are stubborn little things, and you can plan and anticipate all you want, but their personality will really dictate what works and what doesn’t. But don’t worry, you’ll learn it all together :)
  • EDD/W+D: April 3rd, 22 weeks, 2 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): ear of corn

Upcoming Appointments: December 30th with the midwife. Just had one on Wednesday and we talked about the anatomy scan. Everything looks good, but have a low lying placenta (not covering the cervix), so I will need another scan in the third trimester to make sure it moved when my uterus grows. 

How are you feeling? Good overall! It’s getting harder to bend over. 

Raves/Rants: 
    My online banking wasn’t working for my credit card last night and I spent what seemed like forever talking to customer service reps, who kept passing me off to different departments and they were not helpful.
    The problem didn’t resolve when the last lady who was not very nice, kept interrupting me, and told me I had to hang up and call another number to talk to someone else. I hung up and my pregnancy hormones had my sobbing in frustration to my husband. I took a break from it and called the number she gave me today, only to be passed around again. I finally talked to an angel of a man, who was very nice and friendly and fixed my problem. 

Questions: 

Thanksgiving I enjoy green bean casserole for a side dish, pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer

@jenabary I had a prenatal massage and she had me lay on my side with a pillow between my knees for a bit and then flipped to the other side. She had me on my back for some of it with the head of the table slightly elevated . I enjoyed it just as much as a regular massage!

I am mostly nervous about all of the things that I need to get done before the baby comes.