Trying to Get Pregnant

Holiday Support Thread 2019

Re: Holiday Support Thread 2019

• @NYTino24 so many hugs, friend. 
    @mvt2003 what @bluetickgal said. ;)
    @rachelredhead thank you. *TW my first loss was also a week before Christmas, so I am not sure how I am going to get through December. I am so sorry about the approaching empty due date. Mine was in August and it was rough to reach that date with no rainbow in sight. End TW*
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad it was better for you, @NYTino24 💗
  • @NYTino24 so many hugs. I'm glad you had a better day despite another trigger. 
  • @emeraldduchess NJ is so densely populated that you can’t escape anything anywhere. I need to find some affirmations to repeat to myself. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @capnjackharkness We started doing it after my dad died, and it was basically just the two of us for holidays. It was pretty delightful, actually. We used to go for the week, and would get Thanksgiving dinner at Epcot every year. I look back on it fondly, and will probably start mentioning it to MH more seriously. We could never "skip" Xmas, that's his big family holiday, but Thanksgiving keeps getting smaller and sadder. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 - I don't blame you for wanting to go to WDW for Thanksgiving. I wish I had thought of that sooner! WDW is our happy place, we used to go annually, but have recently spaced it out to every-other-year because of grad school and TTC and all that. Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern in MK sounds divine. I could really use a getaway, but alas, it's just not in the cards this year.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @tyrion_ I absolutely think the hardest part for me was seeing my mom have to figure out a life for herself after my dad passed. In the end, she lived for 7 years without him, and I think we did ok. She depended on me heavily (and once MH was in the picture, him as well) but we made it as happy as we could! For us, the key was figuring out new things to do, rather than sit around and think about what we didn't have anymore. It didn't help for us that my dad's death was a year after my grandmother died, and my mom's family at that point splintered off into everyone doing their own things with their own immediate families for holidays.

So I've now lived through the "smaller and sadder" cycle twice, and I know I'll survive it. And I know you will too. I'm not sure if I've told you this or not, but honestly Year 2 was harder for me than Year 1 both times, so you're absolutely NOT alone. You're completely normal. 

• @ttcbabyodo I highly recommend it. Thanksgiving Day is delightful there, the Saturday of that weekend tends to be packed, but by Monday it quiets back down. It's not in our budget this year either really, but a girl can dream! It's our happy place too! I hope you get to book something soon, you absolutely deserve it. <3 

• @NYTino24 do you write your blessings down? I have a Note on my phone that I started a year or so before meeting my husband, so maybe started @ 2015ish. I try to write down one thing a day but it actually ends up being jotting down several once a week. I have around 1200 little things written down. It’s such a nice reminder of big and small moments. Even with losses and fertility frustrations, it has been nice to remind myself of the things I wrote down as I was walking through dark periods. Even if it’s just « my latte was the perfect temperature this morning. » 
  • @mvt2003, @tyrion_ I can relate to "smaller and sadder", too. My mom's side of the family is very tiny, so many of my aunts, uncles and even cousins are no longer with us. Most holidays there's only 5 of us. My dad's side of the family kind of fell apart after my grandparents died (bad blood between some of the siblings), so they don't celebrate holidays together anymore. 
  • 1. I did thanksgiving at Disney last year and it was insanely packed, like not even worth it I felt like. Avatar had a 4 hour line. It was insane if it makes you feel better about being there 2. Me and my hubs were going to spend thanksgiving just the two of us since we don’t have family near by and we decided to reach out to our friends, even though we assumed most had plans, and now have 12 people coming so reach out to the people you know holidays aren’t just for family. 
  • Glad to see some of the old threads are making their way back to the first page!
  • How is everyone doing this week? I am feeling good about Thanksgiving next week, but a tad overwhelmed. I have my betas on Monday, so that's probably going to influence how I feel the actual day of. 

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited November 2019
    @emeraldduchess I’m looking forward to the holidays as a nice distraction of things to do and see to keep me busy. Everyone we know and will see knows about our IF / MC and they won’t say anything insensitive, so at least I know that isn’t a possibility. I’m more worried about the January drag after the holidays. We will probably do our IUI a day or two after Thanksgiving, so we won’t be able to see my twin until after Christmas.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • *TW loss mentioned* Ugh the January drag takes me right into my empty due date and I’m panicking about how fast it’s coming. Please tell me once it passes I’ll calm down?! 

I’m currently calm about hosting Thanksgiving but will start to get wild in a day or two trying to get my ducks in a row. My mom and I still aren’t speaking so I may be spending Thanksgiving with no parents. And no delicious rice she makes 😭
  • @tyrion_ I've actually found I have a LOT more anxiety leading up to my due dates.  Once they get here (and definitely once they've passed) I tend to be a lot calmer.  It's also harder if you're still TTCAL and desperately trying to get PG before your due date, and if you 'miss' that, then the pressure and the stress and depression can be overwhelming; however, once you pass that date then, the pressure has 'eased' a bit (because you already missed the deadline), so it's more manageable.
    Also, sorry about the fighting with your mom.  Hoping you are able to cope and have a relaxing holiday!

I'm relaxed about Thanksgiving and starting to just accept that Christmas time will involve us driving on both Christmas Eve and Christmas day and to just accept it, no matter how much I hate it.  Small victory though, in-laws were informed that if they are forcing (literally, they told DH they EXPECTED us to visit during week of Christmas) us to visit over certain time periods that we EXPECTED them to come to Thanksgiving at our house and to visit either on the way to/from Florida (they're snowbirds and it's legit like an hour out of their over 16 hour drive to stop at our house for a day or two, and they get a hotel room anyway to breakup the trip... so... wtf). So, if those things don't happen, then next year I figure I can pull that as trump card and be like, "Um, no, we're too busy to stop by... just like you've been the last 5 years we've lived in this house and only been here ONCE!"
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @mvt2003 I hope you don't get those nosy questions. I had the opposite experience. One DH and I hit the 5 year mark, everyone (MIL/FIL included) just gave up on us ever having kids and never brought it up after that. 
  • I really appreciate this thread. My dad's family knows we had planned to start TTGP by now, but also know why we're benched for the time being and has been nothing but supportive, though my grandmother brings it up every once in a while. Fortunately for us being benched works out in a couple ways, but it's still really hard on me to be benched right now. I'm just hoping that my pre-conception appointment goes well and we won't get the news that I'm benched longer than we're anticipating.
    TW: medical explanations, LC mention:
    My 16mo is having surgery the day before Thanksgiving, and with my HG I wouldn't be able to properly assist him with recovery if I were pregnant right now. I'm currently benched because of the multitude of pregnancy complications last time, including placental abruption and partial uterine rupture leading to a second emergency c-section. We meet with my ObGyn in 2 weeks and will hopefully get a safe date to start trying again.

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Thinking of everyone today and sending lots of love!! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• Random cousin-in-law already asked me why I haven’t had kids yet. And then when I said no to a glass of wine, made a big deal. Great great great. 

Hope everyone is having an ok holiday!
  • @notagoodpatient ugh, what a nosy Rosie. Your uterus, your business. 
  • @the_road_to_oz wowzers that’s a lot to be asked in one evening. So sorry you have to go through all that. 😔 Family gatherings are nice but can be tough. ❤️ Hugs *
  • @the_road_to_oz I am so sorry you got hit with all that (it's like a crappy ttc edition of bingo). It makes my blood boil that someone would comment that having ttc trouble is a sign you should stop. Lots of hugs to you. 💚
  • @the_road_to_oz so sorry you had to deal with all that! I can’t believe how insensitive people can be. Makes me so angry that we have to deal with these comments and triggers on top of everything else. Hugs to you!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @notagoodpatient and @the_road_to_oz I'm so sorry both of you had to deal with that crap today. I wish there was some kind of warning system that someone was about to say something insensitive (think flashing red light on their head) so you could just shove a piece of turkey in their mouth and you walk away before they have a chance to speak. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @the_road_to_oz Ugh, that sucks. Hugs to you, lady.