March 2020 Moms
Options

Wellness Wednesday 11/27/19

As we head into the holiday weekend, I figured we needed a wellness thread!

How are you doing on your overall health/wellness goals and challenges for your pregnancy? 

Have you done anything positive for your physical health this week? How about your mental health? If not, pick a small, manageable to-do item you can achieve by Saturday.

Importantly: Be good to yourselves! Be forgiving, and thankful. And be well!

Re: Wellness Wednesday 11/27/19

• Options
    How are you doing on your overall health/wellness goals and challenges for your pregnancy? I'm actually pretty happy with how things are going lately!

Have you done anything positive for your physical health this week? How about your mental health? If not, pick a small, manageable to-do item you can achieve by Saturday. I'm continuing my physical therapy for my hip issues & that seems to be keeping the majority of issues at bay. This weekend I got to the gym on Sat & Sun, and went last night for a barre class. I feel like I might have the energy for a lift today & def Friday after turkey!!

interesting to note for those of you who have the hip/SI joint/sciatica issues - I tried a yin yoga class on sunday and it was a HUGE mistake. all of the longer "opening" poses totally messed up my hips worse & my PT today (who is also a yoga teacher) was like - please don't ever do yin yoga again in pregnancy - your ligaments are loose enough already!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin Hm, noted! I will definitely avoid any yin classes! I really only want to go to prenatal specific classes anyway.

How are you doing on your overall health/wellness goals and challenges for your pregnancy? I had been doing prenatal yoga on Mondays, but that ended, so now I am just doing some MOST nights before bed, though not all nights. As for eating, I have been doing okay--eating more healthful foods for sure now that I'm not sick all the time. See recent randoms post re: hot chocolate that was a mistake. In terms of mental health, I am a bit behind on work stuff, but trying to be forgiving to myself.

Have you done anything positive for your physical health this week? How about your mental health? If not, pick a small, manageable to-do item you can achieve by Saturday. I've done yoga a few nights this week--not last night, though, so hopefully I will get some in tonight! I am going to try to pace myself tomorrow with food--and the rest of the weekend with grading/other to-do list stuff. I feel like crap today though because of that stupid hot chocolate--I blame DH for finishing off the ice cream and leaving me with no other options!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How are you doing on your overall health/wellness goals and challenges for your pregnancy? Meh. I’ve only done yoga once a week lately and I weighed myself today and I weigh 3 lbs-ish more this time around than I did at this stage last pregnancy. I’m pretty upset about it.

Have you done anything positive for your physical health this week? How about your mental health? If not, pick a small, manageable to-do item you can achieve by Saturday. I had yoga tonight, which almost always makes me happy. I could really use a rest day so maybe DH can help me a bit at some pt so I can rest. We unfortunately have a very busy weekend so I’m not really sure when he will help so I can rest, but maybe :(
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker