May 2020 Moms

Re: Monday BF 11/25

• I scheduled an appointment 4 weeks ago for today. They called me Thursday to tell me that they only put me in a 45 min time slot and they really need 90 minutes so they can see both babies. I have had 8 ultrasounds so far, and 1 was with the same high risk OB AND they did the 1st trimester screen that time. No ultrasound has been more than 20 minutes, and aside from the screening they have been closer to 5-10 minutes. They tried to reschedule me 3 days before my next scheduled appointment, and I asked why I would even bother at that point. She said she was going to talk to my nurses and call me back. She never called back. So now I’m driving  25 minutes to an appointment I’m not even sure I have. 
  • @bender29 I'm so sorry, that is so frustrating!
  • Loading the player...
  • @bender29 that is super annoying. You'd think they could have figured this out a while ago, not just last week.

My BF is that I have to work this week (M-W) and H does not (he works for a different school district). But I can't be that mad because he deserves some time off and he's at home cleaning the gutters.
  • My only bitch is that we have school mon-wed this week. I just want Thanksgiving break! It's annoying because over 1/3 of the kids are gone anyways and all the other schools in the area are closed - I'm just as whiny about it as my students are but this is the first school I've worked at that doesn't have a full-week break and it's just lame. 
  • @mokay19 Ha! I blame @pirateduck for today's purchase of a 2nd PNP! 😂
  • @mokay19 Sorry, but at least they were relatively inexpensive pants?  :#
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• My mail is late, normally it’s whatever but I am waiting for it before I go to my last couple of client meetings for the month because I have a bonus check coming (such a FWP but it’s annoying me today). Also I hate pants
  • @ruby696 it isn’t our fault!!! Haha

@shamrocandroll yes, and they have some other good deals going on, too!
  • @bender29 So frustrating! 

@soprano19 @chewie5990 Amen. I have to teach MT and then Weds is parent/teacher conferences. The kids just whine that I should be showing a movie. I partially agree. 

My BF is that we got nothing done this weekend. We travel Wednesday night. We have to finish our xmas shopping (because we do presents with DH's side at Thanksgiving) and I have to go everywhere for things I can only now get in stores. Then it's wrap. Pack. Laundry. Pies. I feel bad complaining because we got nothing done because DD was unwell...
  • Ugh! I have two new ones! 
    1. My appointment was FOREVER long. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes which made me late for work!
    2. The ultrasound tech blurted out the genders without even asking if I wanted to know. I was hoping to have them write it down so we could do cupcakes with our parents, and my husband will kill me if I tell him, and I have no poker face. I basically told him he ha to avoid me until Wednesday when we can get together with our parents
  • @bender29 WTF is up with all these supposed professionals not asking people if they want to know the sex(es)!?  I'm sorry they suck!

...but when do we get to know?  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @bender29 I agree with shamroc, so sorry about the tech just assuming you wanted to know and telling you! 

...buuuut can we know?? I won’t tell YH!
  • @jrouge12 parent teacher conferences on the day before Thanksgiving? That alone is a dick move!
  • My BF: there’s no school (sorry teachers on this thread!!!) this week! MH worked 8a-8p shifts this weekend so I’ve been solo, and MAN I forgot how exhausting 24/7 parenting is!

Also, our community throws a huge “food and wine fest” every November. It is so delicious and there are 60+ different wines and the food is amazing. This is the second year in a row I’ve been pregnant and I’m sooooooooooo sad. Of course MH is delighted because I’ll drive and get up with our 4 year old when he’s hungover tomorrow.

And I’m not looking forward to MH’s family reunion Thursday. His family is notorious for bluntness so I am expecting the onslaught of “oh I hope this baby is healthy” or “wow we didn’t think you’d try again” comments. Then off to UF where they changed the football game to 7:30 pm. Looking forward to that with DD! 🤦‍♀️ But then we get the echo done Monday which will go a long way toward easing my anxiety so I’m excited for that. 

Ok, done bitching! I’m gonna enjoy thanksgiving and eating ALL the carbs!!!!!! Hope all you ladies and your little (and big! This baby is 7 oz at 17 weeks!) turkeys have a great week and don’t kill your in laws. 
  • To all of the teachers who have to work this week, I am so incredibly sorry. My district has had the whole week off for the past 10 years, and I cannot imagine having school this week. Everyone just needs a break by this point in the semester. 
  • @jrouge12 parent/teacher conferences the day before Thanksgiving?? So many people travel it seems like a lot wouldn't even show.

My BF is that I don't get paid for the holidays this year (first time I can remember) because of our new HR policies. Now we only get paid if we work them (time and a half) or we can use PTO, ha. It's ridiculous and if I make it to post maternity leave with this company I'm going to be insisting I get holidays or I'm gone. I might work New year's day just to take their money. 
  • @lisush What!?  Like full-time salaried employees aren't being paid for holidays off?  How did the entire company not walk out the door when they announced that one?
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll not quite. Full-time hourly employees don't get paid holidays off, but get paid time and a half if we do work. Salaried employees sometimes work holidays but often take a flex day somewhere else. I work in mental health so we're used to getting screwed. Right now I'm not in a place to complain. But once I get back from maternity leave I'm gonna be like give me holidays or I'm gone. 
  • @lisush That's so hard!  I can't imagine being a working mom without paid holidays.  As it is, I only get about 8 paid holidays per year, and we still each have to take off about a week to cover the rest of the days daycare isn't open and sick days.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I don't even want to think about it with a kid. Hopefully by then or not too long after I'll be in a different, salaried, position and it won't be an issue. 
  • @lisush when I worked residential it was the same thing, I used my PTO (I only stayed for like six months before I was like yeah this bullshit)