July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/25

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/25

• @blaf322 I wish she was joking! Unfortunately their only hope is having a girl 😂  

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    I have a blue dye test question. My friend had her transfer last week and has, what looks to me and her H (but not MH or her), like a squinter. But when you mess with the photo using one of those apps, it does kinda look like half the test window has some dye in it... .like it bled over from the control window or something. Does anyone know more about those than I do? Is that a common problem? I know those particular ones are more prone for error and wondering if any bleed over doesn't necessarily impact the positive or negative. I'll share the test in a spoiler if anyone feels like seeing it will help them.... but didn't want to be that jerk that just puts a test out there lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @blaf322 I'd look at it in a spoiler. I hate blue dye tests though. I had what looked like positives on several blue dye tests in October, but I wasnt pregnant. Does she have any FRER? I did have some wonky lines on a frer in October as well. But, again, not pregnant. Basically I hated October and pregnancy tests there. 
  • @modoodles  PLEASE keep us updated when they tell you if they are having a boy or girl!  

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks @modoodles! I told her to go get a non-blue dye test, which she's doing. She got a couple of digitals and a cheapy, non-blue dye as well. I'm dyyyying for this to work! We had our first transfers around the same time but hers didn't take and if this round doesn't work, they might be done trying. 

Okay... TW.... there's some pregnancy test pics in the spoiler

The one she sent me ^ 
    and after I messed with the photo 

• @blaf322 I wouldn't read that one as positive with all the dye run going on. I hope she gets her sticky baby with this transfer. 💜 Keep us updated with the other testing! 
  • @modoodles I will... she's going to test again soon with the cheapy.... then again tonight with a digital.... and tomorrow morning with a digital. As one would after a FET and a test that maybe looked a little bit positive... pee on all the things :D 
  • @mehugg "Hingle McKringleberry"...... dying hahahaha please shut it down!!
  • Hahaha @mehugg please use Hingle McKringleberry for the entire pregnancy!

I dont have a placeholder/nickname. We just say "the baby". I wish I had something different.
  • @mehugg I think Hingle McKrkngleberry is likely here to stay. 😂 We use Bean for the most part. When I feel gross I refer to Bean as The Little Punk. 
  • @mehugg yaaaassssss to Hingle McKringleberry!!

DD was peanut and we still call her that. This baby is meatball. My two best girlfriends and I always give babies food names to call them through pregnancy. 
  • team Hingle McKringleberry :D 

• @mehugg we called our first "mookie" for the entire pregnancy.. because in line with "clovis", while watching a baseball game, my dad jokingly said "who would name their kid Mookie?", so the whole time we said that thats what we were naming it. 

and guys Clovis is already growing on me! But not to worry it won't be making it's way onto any of my lists!! lol 
  • Hingle McKringleberry  :D I'm DYING. Now I need to go poll DH on what we should call ours! 

There's a guy that sits right behind me in the office who is too sick to even speak. I'm so annoyed he even came into work when he's just hacking away and has been the past 2 days. I better not get sick  :|
  • @b_1029 that reminds me! We don't have a TW thread!
  • Does anyone have any really yummy protein bar recommendations? Like, actually good, not "good for a protein bar" good. 

I'm just trying to find something carby that tastes good (so I'll be able to stomach it) but also has some protein in it for a more long term solution to the nausea. My protein shakes aren't cutting it when I get hungry before meal time b/c they fill me up but having nothing of substance on my stomach makes me want to puke.
  • @blaf322 I don't really like any protein bars, but I got into Quest ones for a while...specifically the mint chocolate ones. not sure how many carbs it has though.
  • @b_1029 I just want it to SEEM carby b/c that's what usually sounds appetizing. I don't care if it actually is lol
  • pocketrosepocketrose member
    edited November 2019
    @mehugg I love that. I've been calling ours the Tiny Terrorist when I feel bad and MP (short for Mr. or Madame President) when I feel ok but neither of those feel like they'll stick the whole pregnancy!
  • @blaf322 larabars are my go-to. They always have some natural carbs (dates, etc) and a bit of protein. They’re not protein bars because they tend to have 4-7 grams of protein whereas protein bars are usually in the double digits. But still more filling than just straight carbs. Cashew Cookie is my favorite flavor. 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    This is really random and NBR but, y'all.... I just listened to 2 of my coworkers spend the last 15 or so mins, together, writing an email that explains the UPS shipping schedule for the holidays. TWO PEOPLE. Half and hour worth of time for the shortest, simplest email everrrrr..... and this was the 2nd iteration of this email! They got confused by the schedule last time and when I questioned something that didn't make sense, it just really put a wrench in things for them :D geez... why are people so dumb?!

ETA... and this email had "Hey Team," written at the top TWICE bahahaha... so dumb.
  • @mehugg 😂🤣 you should for sure keep that name...too funny! 

• On another note I took my kids to see Frozen and I admit I didn't really love it. Some parts were funny and emotional and visually it's stunning in every way but the story itself I felt was lacking cohesion and plot. It was a bit all over the place for me but I do appreciate Disney's approach at trying to continue on with a strong female centric story with lots of feminist nods throughout. I just wish it was conveyed with a stronger plot and story arc 
  • All but one of the families I do daycare for are teachers, so I was only supposed to have one family on Friday. This morning I found out that their mom has Friday off so I get a three day weekend! 🎉

Next Friday is my nurse visit- this has come so much more quickly than I thought it would! 

One of our neighbor families made and delivered pies to everyone in our neighborhood last night. Now I'm definitely not making the 2 pies I planned to make for tomorrow 😂
  • @modoodles. I need some neighbors like that!  
  • Ugh I have zero energy/motivation today. Just sitting at work counting down the hours until I can leave. But then when I leave, that means my ILs are here, and I don't want to deal with their shenanigans either. Meh.
  • @stlbuckeye132 saaaame.... I have no clue why TF we're even open today. We can't ship any orders until Monday anyway (we're closed on Friday).
  • @blaf322 yes exactly! I'm extra salty because I know from past years we won't even get to leave a couple hours early today. Like, come onnnn, we're all just sitting around doing nothing anyway, tell us to leave at 2:00 and boost our morale!
  • @stlbuckeye132 solidarity sister... I'll be here until 5pm right along with you lol
  • @modoodles to update you on my friend... she had her betas drawn today. They were low so it looks like the IVF cycle wasn't successful :disappointed: Ugh... I'm so sad for her.

• stlbuckeye132stlbuckeye132 member
    edited November 2019
    @blaf322 oh man, that's so disappointing. I'm sorry.  :(

ETA: I just wanted a normal sad face, why does that one look scared? I hate trying to emoji on here from the computer.
  • @blaf322 I'm so sorry. It's so hard to see our friends struggle, especially knowing we cannot help their situation. I hope they find peace no matter what their journey becomes at this point.
  • @stlbuckeye132 I'm impressed you figured that one out. that face I chose was the closest I could get. They need to up the emoji game on TB.
  • @blaf322 ☹️ I was hoping for different news. So sorry! 

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    any Jersey moms here? How can I get wine and snacks/comfort food delivered to someone? The food part is easy but you can't buy wine at grocery stores there so I'm not sure how alcohol delivery works. Halp!

ETA- never mind! I was FINALLY able to track down an alcohol delivery service :smile:

• @blaf322 Such a pain here in NJ! I typically give up and buy it then send it myself from home. 

which service did you use?