Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 11/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Married: August 2012
TTC #1: July 2015
BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
TTC #2: September 2019

Re: TWW Wednesday 11/27

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 32/14

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: This is my second cycle, I feel like my 1st cycle was a one off. But my DPO was 17. 

Testing: Maybe Friday if no AF.

R/R: On my drive home I feeling some cramp on my back side and thought for sure my period was on it's way. So far nothing. FF thinks my period should start tomorrow. It's not always consistent, but I typically have some brown spotting before the real flow makes it way. I'm not holding out hope just yet because my last cycle was 17DPO. I've never had such a long TWW before, but this could be my new normal, and that's why I'm not excited yet. 

Can we also talk about how 17DPO seems really long? I don't know whats worse a long or short DPO. 

CS/Q: I'm loving not temping right now because I'm sure I would be trying to read between the lines right now, lol.

• @blackgirlmagic could you have Od later than you thought? Try and Be patient worn your body, your cycles may be off for a few months after a loss. 

Month/Cycle: 14/12

CD/DPO: 17/3 dpiui

Timing: Great! -4, -3, IUI + PM, +1

Typical LP length: last medicated cycle it was 13 with spotting starting on 12 dpiui but I’ll be taking progesterone this cycle so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Testing: beta on 12/9!! 

R/R: It’s my Friday!!! I’m gonna try and leave work early today. So hopefully that works out according to plan 🤞🏼 Tonight DH and I are going out to a “tavern takeover” with some friends. I’m looking forward to a night of laughs! 

CS/Q nope! Not charting this cycle 😅

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • @kpearse99 I didn't go into details before because I was really hurt and really embarrassed as well, but I had a false positive. I've never had one of those before, it was a long time for my period came, and I was so freaking excited. I've never gone through a loss before, but I truly felt like I was going through one. I even had a blood test done to confirm that it was a false positive. Talk about embarrassing! I legit felt like I was crazy. So I don't know if my mind truly thought I was pregnant and delayed my cycle from coming and then my body finally took over to make my period come. That's why I don't really know if my first month trying is the standard or an outlier. But I hope that you and YH enjoy tonight and your long weekend! 

• @blackgirlmagic I’m so sorry that happened to you. TTC is challenging enough without extra (painful) curve balls.

@kpearse99 I hope you get out nice and early and have a good time tonight! That event sounds like fun!

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: Good?

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Next week I’m sure because no self-control 🙄

R/R: So excited to start Thanksgiving cooking with my mom tonight! We serve an Italian first course, so tonight we’ll cook the manicotti and bracciole and I’ll try not to eat too much of it (alas, see lack of self-control above).

CS/Q:

• @blackgirlmagic you have nothing to be embarrassed about. And you did go through a loss. You thought you were pregnant and that joy was taken away. I’m sorry. 
  • @blackgirlmagic I’m sorry you went through that, that’s a really tough thing to have happen. 

Month/Cycle: 18/18

CD/DPO: 22/8dpiui 

Timing: -3, IUI, +1

Typical LP length: 8-10

Testing: 12/3 per my doc’s instructions

R/R:  glad to be getting some time off after today which it sounds like everyone else is as well!  The TWW is really starting to take its toll, this is my first IUI. I’m not sure what to expect with the progesterone since AF would normally show up in the next couple days, I think it will delay so I guess I just wait and see what happens.  

CS/Q: not doing

• Switching on to this board from the WTO boards! Although now that I don’t have OPKs and HIO to think about, it’s going to be a long two weeks. 

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 18/2

Timing: -3, -2, -1, O, +1

Typical LP length: 11-14 days

Testing: trying to hold out until AF is due, but MH will only be in town for 10dpo, and then at 25dpo, so we’ll see what I can manage. 

R/R: see above. MH’s travel schedule this month sucks, and after the events of our last cycle I’d really like him to be around...

CS/Q: I normally only turn 1 day’s worth of OPKs, but this month I had 2 full days (I test twice a day or more around expected O). Not sure if that means I O’d a day later than I thought...I always thought O was about 24h after the first positive OPK, but the Premom app is fairly insistent that its 24h after the LH peak/darkest line...

@kpearse99 your tavern takeover sound so fun!

@ssbl that sounds so yummy! I don’t think I’d be able to hold of “sampling” them

@ellieemc26 FX for your first IUI cycle!

• @ellieemc26 I’m sorry this TWW is feeling like a struggle right now. Sending good vibes your way!
  • *Lurking from WTO* 

@kpearse99 Dang lady, we keep missing each other in the dailies!!!!! :(<3<3<3 Hope you have a super fun night!!!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @blackgirlmagic I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, and I'm sorry that if I "outed you" and made you feel like you had to tell your story. That was not my intention at all so I am so deeply sorry! This whole entire process makes us feel super crazy sometimes, you are not alone in that feeling at all. <3

@ssbl that chart looks super purdy!!! I love that you are cooking with your mom <3 I hope you have a wonderful time together!

@ellieemc26 I'm in the same boat as you with the progesterone. This is my 3rd IUI but the first one with progesterone being added in so I don't really know what to expect either. I think that may be a blessing in disguise though, as anything you feel or anything that happens to your body could be from the progesterone or it could be because you're KU. So in my opinion, why stress and worry about which one it is... if that makes sense? I guess what I'm trying to say is that, for me, it will make me not over-analyze every little symptom I come across and I'll just chalk it up to the progesterone so I can be really surprised if the beta comes back +!

@notagoodpatient YH's travel schedule is crazy!!! Wow! 

@mvt2003 I know, right?!?! It's not fair!!! Why doesn't mother nature know that we need to be at the same point in our cycles?
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Lurker*** @notagoodpatient O is typically 12-24 hours after your last positive OPK. Some women get one day (or less of a +OPK) and others can get mulitple days (2-4) and some will have multiple surges, though the first surges don't lead to O. bodies are weird and love to mess with us. your regular till your not...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited November 2019
    Month/Cycle: 19/13/3(AL#2)

CD/DPO: 24/5

Timing: Pretty good.
    Typical LP length: 14-16
    Testing: Will test 12/8 so I can stop progesterone if I’m not KU. 
    R/R: Last day of work for the week! I’m tempted to take off a couple hours early, but really have no reason since we aren’t traveling until tomorrow! 
    CS/Q: None, not temping in TWW.
    @blackgirlmagic fingers crossed for you! So sorry for the confusion/delay last cycle! That had to be so disheartening! 
    @kpearse99 I hope you are able to get out of work early and have a fabulous evening!
    @ssbl hope you have fun tonight, that Italian first course sounds so yummy!! 
    @ellieemc26 hope you enjoy your time off...and it distracts you from the stress of the TWW! I had to stop taking progesterone last cycle after I got a negative test at 16DPO, I plan on doing the same thing this cycle. I think some people still get their period before stopping progesterone though. 
    @notagoodpatient yay for being in the TWW! Hopefully you can test at 10DPO and get a positive...I understand wanting to have YH there! 
    *Edited to fix spacing.*
  • @kpearse99 lol I’m definitely not stressing about symptoms which is nice.  Although to be honest I really haven’t had many side effects one way or the other!  I guess I also don’t really expect the first IUI to work, so it will be quite a pleasant surprise if it does!  I’m just horribly impatient when it comes down to it.
  • @bluetickgal Just because you don't have any real reason to leave early doesn't mean you still shouldn't leave work early!! Leaving work early is a reason all in its own!! Do it!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I appreciate the peer pressure! Haha. I’m seriously considering it...but I’m holding out a little hope that we’ll close early and I can save my vacation! 😉
  • @blackgirlmagic This happened to a friend of mine recently. She had a bad batch of tests and got two evaps. When she bought a different brand/batch it was a stark white negative. She was confused and unsure what to think. These evaps on pink dye have become super common. I told her she had the right to mourn and feel the sadness she was feeling because she did lose something. She lost a dream, a hope, a wish. It’s very painful no matter how you look at it. I’m so sorry that happened to you. Big big hugs. And I hope soon you see a indisputable BFP. 
  • kpearse99 you did not out me at all. I've come to terms with everything when i started to participate here again. You are perfectly fine. Trust me! 
    tyrion_ thanks! My test was a pink dye as well. I feel like when the time comes to test again, i'm going to buy a whole bunch of different test and check to make sure the batch numbers are all different just to confirm. I may even request a blood test as well. I feel like I won't except that a test is real now because of what happened. 

But in good news we are getting an early dismal today! Just one more hour of work left for me!

• Month/Cycle: 7/7 AL

CD/DPO: 27/11 

Timing: -1, O, +1 

Typical LP length: 12 

Testing: I think tomorrow (unless I start spotting today) so I can freely drink. I really don’t want to test but I really want to drink. 

R/R: I‘m about to get my cleaning game face on and get this house in order. I’m sending my husband to the grocery store with a list and a battle ax. May we all survive this! 

CS/Q: Not temping this TWW so nothing to see. 

@kpearse99 Oh, that sounds fun! Enjoy! 

@ssbl that sounds so delicious right now. Enjoy cooking with your mom! 

@ellieemc26 Hope the TWW goes by quickly and it ends with good news! 

@notagoodpatient That’s an intense amount of travel. Sheesh. Hope it goes by quickly. As for the OPKs I test more often once the lines appear to get darker. I feel cramping closer to the 24 hour mark from the darkest line (peak). I know it’ll be different for everyone but just wanted to share that. 

@bluetickgal Hope you cut out a few hours early! Doesn’t matter for what reason, we all deserve a few days of early escape! 

• @tyrion_ FX for your poor husband at the grocery store, but more importantly, FX you can’t drink tomorrow!
  • @wabash15 and @tyrion_ thank you! It sounds like I’ve misunderstood the OPK strips, which didn’t matter when I only had positive strips for a day, but now it’s important. Guess DH and I are going to be sneakily HIO tonight with family around to get our O+1. 

• @tyrion_ fingers crossed so dang hard for you tomorrow!! Hope your Thanksgiving goes great! I actually stuck it out at work, but it wasn’t too bad! And now to enjoy the 4-day weekend! 
  • @tyrion_ ahh good luck testing tomorrow! I hope so much that you can’t drink!!
  • @tyrion_ I want you to NOT be able to drink so badly, my friend!!
    Our TTC Journey