Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 11/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 11/26

• Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 26

WAYDTGKU: prenatals and temping but otherwise NTNP for a bit.

R/R: last day of work for the week! I got invited out to a wine bar with some co-workers after school today - I think I'll probably end up meeting them for a drink.
    Last night's performance went really well. The community was super happy that my students performed and we got tons of compliments. I really love teaching in a town that's so appreciative and supportive of the arts!

CS/Q:  my temps have been so up and down this cycle. It's strange to me!

• @gingermama29 I'm so glad the program went well, and that you're now officially on the downslope to Thanksgiving! Enjoy that glass of wine - 5 consecutive days off work must always be celebrated.

Month/Cycle: 6

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT, OPKs, BD EOD, trying to avoid sugar/carbs/dairy

R/R: My boss leaves early afternoon today, so I'm marking that as the quasi-start of my own Thanksgiving break! (It won't be, but things just always have a different rhythm when she's out of office, and hopefully this time in a good way with everyone trying to ramp down into the holiday.) Hoping to take a long, late lunch maybe with a podcast.

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • Morning girls!

@gingermama29 That's great that your students' performance went so well and so amazing is your community is so appreciative!  Go have that glass of wine and toast your five day weekend... you deserve it!

@emiliadkay Yay for your boss leaving early!  Enjoy that long lunch!

@feather_heather OMG yay!!  Great news that your insurance approved the frozen cycle!!  Eek, injections are never fun.  You can do this... you got it girl!  What does down cycling mean?

Month/Cycle:  3/4

CD:  6

WAYDTGKU:  Trying to take a mental break this month.  Hubs and I taking fertility vitamins and EODish... tracking cm

R/R:  Sun is shining and we are closer to our break, yay!  Hubs and I are having a date night in the cute town nearby, so I'm looking forward to that!  The realtor who we worked with to buy our home 10 years ago holds a gathering every year and gives all their clients a pie for Thanksgiving.  That is happening tonight so we will have a glass of wine there and chat before dinner.  The realtor will also sell our house once we find our new house, so it'll be good to hear her thoughts on the housing market now.

CS/Q:  nope

Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @feather_heather I have so many tips for the PIO! Patience is key with injecting it since it's thick. ALWAYS use a heat pad after to help break it down and walking around is helpful too - whatever exercises the muscle a bit. I did all the PIO injections myself too, no help from DH but he was also gone for 2 days on a business trip so I ended up just defaulting to doing it all myself. You got this!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ziggymama06 - Down cycling is just the term my office uses when I'm on birth control for 10-14 days prior to starting a new cycle. They want to keep my body from doing anything in order to start on a certain date. 

@inthewoods23 - Thank you!! That's great to hear that you were able to do them yourself! I did every single injection leading up to the ER, and my DH gets stuck at work alot, so it's good to know that I can do these on my own when necessary! Did you do them yourself on your backside? I did the one intramuscular injection for my combo trigger in my thigh last month (cause DH wasn't home) and while it didn't hurt during, my thigh was sore for days after haha
  • edited November 2019

Formerly @dawn_tay

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPKs, CM, PNv, Ubiquinol, balance 

R/R: my days off are seeming more crazy than my work days lately ugh lol trying to “fit it all in” can’t wait for my long stretch off! I booked a hair treatment and blow out for myself this Thursday to relax!

CS/Q: attached. Okay so both my apps think I may have actually O’d on CD 9/10 because of my temps but I didn’t start my OPKs until CD 19 because I usually ovulate at like CD19-22 so I’m a little confused and now looking back what I though would have been left over sperm may have actually been EWCM but I was just not thinking that because I’ve never ovulated this early ever but I am taking a new supplement so maybe I have. Who knows I’ll keep temping and using my OPKS and see what the hack happens 

• edited November 2019
    @gingermama29 yay for your performance! Do you think you have have already ovulated this month?

@emiliadkay good for you for trying to be healthy! How is eliminating dairy going? I really want to try and start doing that too but I love all diary lol 

@feather_heather omg that is so great that it’s covered yay!

@ziggymama06 moving can be so fun and so stressful all at once! Are you excited today tart looking?
  • @feather_heather yep in the backside! I think it took a few days for it to finally stop feeling so stiff. So give yourself time to work the oil in and hopefully within a few days the pain doesn't linger!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @feather_heather Oh I see.  Thanks for the explanation.  That makes total sense.  Good luck!!

@tryingktogku Sorry to hear your days off are crazy!  Your hair appt sounds nice!!  I need to call on my lunch today and book one.  If you O'd early your timing was still good!  I'm not actually looking at houses today, just seeing our realtor who would sell our current home since they are hosting an event.  We've been looking for a new house for about a year now, all the fun and excitement is gone at this point lol.  We are being very picky since this will be a "forever" home.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD:2 😔

WAYDTGKU: opk

R/R: af started last night. The first post-mirena one was a day of suuper light but this one.... its bad. My uterus is angry. I talked to it. Out loud. I told my body to do its job so I can do my job and we can put a baby in there 😆

I may be a bit delirious. 

CS/Q: nothing yet. 

• @ziggymama06 ya I have no idea if I ovulated I’ll keep temping and see lol and I get that! We bought our first house last March as our “forever home” 
  • @feather_heather annnnnnd you're off! That's amazing news! The shots sound awful but you've got this.

@ziggymama06 Happy date night :)

@tryingtogku What @ziggymama06 - by overachieving and HIO even when you thought O was still a ways off, you've set yourself up beautifully either way! Hope temps over the next couple days give you some clarity. Oddly enough, giving up dairy has felt like the easy part of this diet change so far, possibly because I'm not being too intense about it or worrying about the trace amounts of dairy that seem to be in ev.ery.thing. I do miss lattes and hate passing on a good cheese plate, and lots of foods are less delicious without the cheese, but carbs have felt like a much bigger loss to me.

@legendairymomma Out with the old, in with the new? Sorry, af's just a jerk.
  • @gingermama29 glad to hear your performance went well! Fun way to kick off the holiday season 🎄 Enjoy that glass of 🍷

@emiliadkay i feel that! My boss is working from home this week so I’m already starting to phone it in a bit 😝

@feather_heather congrats on insurance approval!! You’re off and running! Very exciting! 

@ziggymama06 you and YH sound so cute ❤️ enjoy your date night and exploring new home 🏡 options. So fun!

@tryingktogku O confusion is so frustrating. I’m dealing with same thing but thinking O will be later for me this month not earlier. GL figuring yours out! 😘

@legendairymomma sorry about AF 😞 Hope you can treat yourself to some fun stuff this long weekend!!

• Month/Cycle: 6

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, Testing

R/R: High winds in my neighborhood, storm coming...our power went out last night at 7pm and when I left for work this morning it still wasn't back on! We are hosting Thanksgiving and have a 23 pound turkey in our fridge. DH took it to his office to put in fridge there today but I'm seriously hoping it stayed okay overnight. 

CS/Q: flashing smiley face appeared on my OPK this morning! So I'm hoping this means estrogen is rising and O will just be late this cycle. Fx! The one downside is this means we will need to BD while my mother is in the next room  :#

• ziggymama06ziggymama06 member
    edited November 2019
    @legendairymomma Sorry for af... lots of ice cream...

@emiliadkay Thanks girl.  Do they say to limit dairy when TTC?  I've heard sugar and carbs, but I thought you're supposed to have whole fat dairy?

@gladmamma Aren't you sweet... we try lol   <3  I'm sorry your power has gone out.  I'm sure the turkey was fine overnight as long as you didn't keep opening the fridge.  I've also heard that the more packed your fridge is, the better it will keep cold in a power outage.  Yay for blinky smiley face... get it girl... Mom will just have to understand  :D 

ETA content
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @gladmamma Oh noooo talk about awful timing for a power outage! I bet the bird's OK - as already pointed out it's good that it happened overnight, also big things tend to stay cool longer, and that's a big turkey!

@ziggymama06 Like everything else in this TTC world, I think it depends? From what I understand, dairy is an inflammation issue for some, but certainly not all, women. So they suggest eliminating it for a period of time so that you can reintroduce and try to assess how it affects your body specifically. (Basically - I'm at the point in this process where I'll try anything.)
  • Oops I didn't mean to P&G today! Sorry ladies!

@emiliadkay I definitely did enjoy that glass of wine! Hope you had a nice afternoon once the boss left and things were chill.

@feather_heather So excited for you that your insurance approved the frozen cycle!!! Crossing everything for you!

@ziggymama06 thanks friend. That gathering with your realtor sounds really nice! Enjoy that and date night!!

@tryingktogku sorry your day off feel so crazy. Glad you're treating yourself on Thursday though. I don't think I O'd yet this month. I have crazy long cycles and my temps aren't showing what they typically do after I O. I didn't O until CD 40 last cycle so I'm kinda expecting similarly this cycle. Who knows?

@legendairymomma sorry for AF. Drink all the wine on Thanksgiving!

@gladmamma thanks! Any I definitely did enjoy my wine today. Lots of my teacher friends went out and we had a great time! We're expecting really high winds tomorrow (possibly the same storm?). I hope your turkey is okay and power has already come back.