July 2020 Moms

November Appointments

Re: November Appointments

• Scheduled my 1st Ob/Gyn appointment today.  Wish there was more feedback out there on high risk pregnancy doctors in my area.

• Hi @pretzellover I had 1130 hcg level at 4+3 and only have one. Just FYI! Had US at 4+6 and we saw one gestational sac and yolk sac 
  • Loading the player...
  • Second round of bloodwork today. Results on Monday. Progesterone was low on Weds, so I'm on Prometrium again, just like with my first 2.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've only had blood drawn so far, my first prenatal visit isn't until Dec. It was traumatizing and I cried. I'm a wimp around needles.
  • @milkt I feel you I was the same for mine and the nurse kept repeating "8 tubes, that's a lot of tubes" while I'm trying to stay alive
  • @mimser @milkt I’m usually fine with needles but holy hell that was a lot of tubes! And the lady kept asking me all these questions about my weekend and I’d barely had anything for breakfast so by the time I stood up I was near tears. It just made me so shaky! I’ve learned my lesson, bringing animal crackers to every visit from now on. 
  • mimser said:
    @milkt I feel you I was the same for mine and the nurse kept repeating "8 tubes, that's a lot of tubes" while I'm trying to stay alive
    My goodness was she getting some sort of sick pleasure out of it, because I don't know why you would keep repeating that!
    @mimser @milkt I’m usually fine with needles but holy hell that was a lot of tubes! And the lady kept asking me all these questions about my weekend and I’d barely had anything for breakfast so by the time I stood up I was near tears. It just made me so shaky! I’ve learned my lesson, bringing animal crackers to every visit from now on. 
    It was the opposite for me, where it was dead silent and I could hear my blood flowing into the tubes. I had a sense of dread that grew until I cried. I wished the lady had talked to me to distract me, or something!
  • I’m just over here wondering what they need all that blood for? I don’t remember ever giving more than 2 vials.
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Same @millpe! I only had to give one tube this morning! 
  • I took a picture of the request but it's in French. Basically, full blood formula, HCG obviously, looks like they check for glycemic levels, immunisation, blood type, blood transmitted diseases, blood type, sodium, potassium, thyroid...
  • So I finally called my doctor because I actually had to speak to the billing department about a bill I got related to my annual I had last month so I figured at that point I might as well call and tell them to set up something. Lo and behold they want me to come in on Wednesday to do blood and pee draws. I wasn't expecting that. I thought they would tell me to wait til I was further along and schedule everything then. I guess I don't remember what the protocol was since it's bee. 4 years since my last baby. So I go Wednesday now. I'll be 5 weeks 4 days I think.
  • Mine was full metabolic work up, creatine, TSH, blood type, gonorrhea and chlamydia, HIV, rubella titers, antibody screen, hemoglobin, platelets, and some stuff I’m forgetting. They said it’s the most blood they ever draw so I wouldn’t be surprised if my clinic just does a bunch at the beginning. 

@enchantindragon good luck on Wednesday! 
  • My first OB visit with ultrasound is tomorrow...it feels like it's been such a long wait, will be 7w + 5d. Praying everything is progressing as it should...after MC in February. Will be my first! Can't wait to hear a heartbeat too.
  • @mimser @milkt I’m usually fine with needles but holy hell that was a lot of tubes! And the lady kept asking me all these questions about my weekend and I’d barely had anything for breakfast so by the time I stood up I was near tears. It just made me so shaky! I’ve learned my lesson, bringing animal crackers to every visit from now on. 
    I'm a bariatric surgery patient (duodenal switch, July 2010) on top of being pregnant, so my initial visit lab draw was 18, count 'em, 18 tubes because I have a crapton of vitamin levels that need to be checked.  Took two separate sticks, too, because the flow from the first stick stopped after tube 11.  Sadly, once I see the bariatric prenatal nutritionist, there will be at least 4-5 more tubes, because the regular OBs don't know enough about my particular surgery (it's much less common) to know that we require even more labs than normal pregnant bariatric patients!
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @modoodles congrats! I’m sure that’s a big relief. Beta result waiting is so stressful, hope you can relax a bit and enjoy the good news! 
  • @modoodles yay!! Grow baby grow!
  • @mehugg I can understand being a little bummed but really it sounds like a great visit. Your little buddy is just a wee bit younger than you thought but otherwise growing appropriately. Yay! 
  • @mehugg I'm sorry you're feeling disappointed but glad you're still hanging in there! Keep on growing LO!
  • I had a good appointment with my GP today. My bloodwork came out great. Turns out my spotting is from my cervix, which is friable and even more so now with the pregnancy hormones. I remember her saying that once a couple of years ago. I felt reassured finding out it doesn't come from my uterus.

My dating ultrasound is scheduled for next Monday November 25

• @mimser Glad you got that reassurance
  • General TW ahead***

We starting running betas on Tuesday when we found out. Betas were 380. Two days later, they had increased but hadn't doubled, 580. It made me nervous but still felt positive. Yesterday I did them again and this time they only went up to 702. Now I'm panicking. Doctors are worried as well. So I have an ultrasound tomorrow. I am so nervous about another loss, and about the potential of ectopic pregnancy.
  • @mama_mea ugh... I'm sorry! That would stress me out too. FX you're LO is just raising your betas a little slower than usual.
  • @mama_mea I'm sorry you haven't been getting the beta raises to ease the panic, please keep us updated on your ultrasound tomorrow. Thinking of you. 
  • @mama_mea I hope your ultrasound tomorrow goes well. Thinking of you!
  • @mama_mea your panic is totally understandable. I hope everything looks good on your US tomorrow ❤️
  • @mama_mea  I hope that the ultrasound goes well tomorrow.  Thinking about you!

• @mama_mea I hope everything is ok. I heard at some point it stops doubling and has a slower increase. Are you there yet? Fingers crossed for you. 
  • @mama_mea Sending you positive vibes. 
  • @stlbuckeye132 that's great! And I'm so glad telling your mom went well!
  • Our first appointment is tomorrow.  I will be 5 weeks on the dot.  Last time I was pregnant, they didn't even want to schedule me until 7 or 8 weeks.  (but then I had bleeding and ended up in there a million times before then).  Anyone else go in this early?  I'm assuming they are just going to confirm the pregnancy and then schedule the next appointment or ultrasound?