May 2020 Moms
Options

What's for dinner?

When I was ttgp with DS about 5 years ago, the TTGP board had posted a wfd thread and I found one of my favorite recipes on there that I still make often. Let's share our favorite go to dinner recipes here!

Re: What's for dinner?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Crock pot chicken tacos

3-4 chicken breasts
    Green bell pepper, diced
    Onion, diced
    Packet of taco seasoning
    Jar of red or green salsa
    Cilantro
    Juice of 2 limes

Throw everything into the crockpot, cook on low 7-8 hours, then shread chicken. We serve it on corn tortillas with cheese and homemade pico de gallo, it also tastes great in quesadillas and on taco salads.

Eta spelling
  • Options
    Penne pasta with steak and gorgonzola Parmesan cheese sauce:

Take steak (we usually use filet just for texture) and bake at 350 until medium rare. For a pound it usually takes 20-25 min. 

6-8 oz heavy cream
    4-5 oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
    3-4 oz parm cheese
    1-3 tbsp minced garlic
    pinch of nutmeg 

combine in pot and heat on low heat. It takes anywhere from 20-40 min to melt all the cheese depending on your definition of low heat. 

Cook penne pasta according to box instructions. 

Put half the sauce in the penne, slice steak, top pasta, use the extra sauce to top the steak. 

The sauce is really to taste, adjust based on your preference. We had this dish in Rome on our “last big adventure before getting pregnant”. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pork chops cooked in sauerkraut with brussel sprouts tossed in olive oil and baked with bacon.
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Old el paso enchilada kit. MH had to cook the chicken, but I think I'll be able to eat it! 
  • Options
    I made tortellini soup on Sunday and we have had it every night since, soooo good! Sad it’s all gone now. Here’s the recipe I use, but I swap the Italian sausage for a 4oz package of diced Pancetta AND chicken sausage (spinach and cheese usually). https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/creamy-tortellini-soup-with-italian-sausage/
  • Options
    I wish I was having Del Taco tonight. But instead I'll probably make pasta marinara with garlic toast. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Eggplant parm and spaghetti tonight.
    I did make a really delish pasta dish with mushrooms, caramelized onions, and spinach no gravy just Parmesan cheese and some pasta water. Came together nicely and easily. I even brought it for lunch as well!
  • Options
    Chicken quesadilla! I love them and I am already drooling thinking about dinner lol
  • Options
    Breakfast burritos! DH smoked a tri tip last night and we made tri tip sandwiches. Tonight, I chopped up the leftovers and fried it with potatoes, onion, bell peppers and tomatos and threw it in tortillas. I also cooked eggs for H to put in his, but I'm not an egg fan so I had mine without. Sooo good!