Group 2 (July 8-16) check-in w/o 11/25

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything?

Re: Group 2 (July 8-16) check-in w/o 11/25

• EDD/weeks+days: July 11/7w1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out ASAP 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: had a second US today and saw a beautiful little heartbeat! Such a relief!  Dec 11 check up is next appt. 

How are you feeling? Hungover. If I didn’t know I hadn’t been drinking I’d guess I drank a bottle or two of Cabernet solo. Just...gross. 

Raves/Rants: see above? Ha! On the plus side, I felt pretty good on Saturday so thoroughly enjoyed my birthday party. Yesterday I stayed in pajamas all day which was an excellent birthday treat. 

Questions: not really

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? Nada. My nieces (5 and 3) will be in town so we have plans to see Frozen 2 on Friday. 
  • EDD/weeks+days:  July 10th/ 7 wks + 3 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Upcoming appointments: Still looking forward to my first appt. on Dec. 5th

How are you feeling? Good. Still no stomach issues, which is wonderful. Just lots of very vivid dreams, sore boobs, and feeling very thirsty. I've had a teeny bit of brownish spotting throughout the week.  I finally told my best friend (the one who is giving me her crib) and she told me she also had spotting throughout her 7th and 8th week. The midwife at my OB office said it is nothing to worry about. Just my cervix shedding a little because so much blood is flowing there. 

Raves/Rants: I watch the weekly pregnancy videos from What to Expect and I was a bit offended when the lady talked about my "still flat stomach".  I was like Bish, what makes you think we all have flat stomachs to begin with??

Questions: not right now

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? Nothing. I've been boycotting Black Friday my entire life. I usually go snowboarding if we have enough snow. Otherwise, maybe a hike or long walk with the dogs. We'll be visiting DH's family in Maine this year so we'll probably take the dogs for a walk on the beach. Good luck to anyone braving the crowds!

@rachelredhead Happy Birthday!
  • Loading the player...
  • @dancingtreepose I thought the same thing on the What to Expect video! 😂 My stomach is not flat nor will it ever be and that is so not an aspiration or concern I have while pregnant. Some of the language/framing around female bodies is so annoying to me. 
  • @rachelredhead I feel so hung over too! That is totally the best way to describe it! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 13; 7 weeks today!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: US Dec 10, first appointment now that I'm switching to the midwives is Jan 2

How are you feeling? Ok most of the time, I've had a little nausea and feel wiped out if I do too much in a day but overall am ok.

Raves/Rants: I've had an ever growing hole in the crotch of my jeans that has grown to a point where they are not wearable and now I'm like...how do I buy new jeans? It's too early for maternity jeans...but not for long and I don't want to waste money.

Questions: None now.

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? New TV!
  • EDD/weeks + days: 7 weeks today 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! I'm very anxious. My first US wasn't supposed to be until 12/4 but due to spotting yesterday I'm going in tomorrow. I'm hopeful that everything is normal. 🤞🤞 

How are you feeling? I'm feeling alright. Mild/moderate Nausea and fatigue for the past few days. Had slight brownish spotting + cramping yesterday which definitely freaked me out. I had a MMC in August, and didn't find out until the first US so I'm nervous for tomorrow. 

Raves/Rants: None right now, except for the above nervousness (but that's not really a rave/rant)

Questions: None 

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? I'm usually hit or miss with these, sometimes I decide to venture out sometimes not. If I do I'll be looking for Christmas presents for my almost 3 year old. 
  • @jmcpool88 I’m sorry about the spotting, I know that’s scary. And anxiety after a loss is so hard. I hope tomorrow provides you with reassurance that everything is just fine. 
  • @pocketrose I'm a first timer so not sure my opinion is any good BUT what if you bought jeans that are 1 size up from what you usually wear? They will be comfy right now until you transition to maternity clothes but then it might be a good size for after pregnancy as well. 

@jmcpool88 Good luck at your US today. I hope everything is just fine!
  • @rachelredhead happy belated birthday! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!!

@dancingtreepose I'm not sure what those videos are, but is it by the same people as What to Expect When You're Expecting? I've heard... not great things about that book.  :/

@pocketrose what about jeans that just have a little stretch in the side panel? Or a short stretchy front panel? Those work well for early pregnancy when your belly is just starting to grow (or is bloated). I prefered the full panel when my stomach got much bigger, but I think you'd still be able to wear them through your entire pregnancy if you wanted. (And postpartum!) Picture in spoiler at bottom of the different types to give you a visual of what I'm talking about.

@jmcpool88 I hope your US goes really well today. Thinking of you!

EDD/weeks + days:  July 11, 7w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green!

Upcoming appointments: I had my first one yesterday, next one is 12/30.

How are you feeling? Pretty good still. Tired, sore boobs, but not nauseous so I'm thankful for that.

Raves/Rants: Had my first US yesterday and baby was actually measuring pretty close to EDD based on my LMP and not what I'd thought based on when I ovulated. So I went in thinking my due date would be closer to July 16, and I was happily surprised. So I basically feel like I just skipped a week of the first trimester b/c I thought I was only 6 weeks and a couple days.

Questions: Nothing right now.

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? I'm hoping the children's museum here has their memberships on sale again (bought ours last year at 50% off on Cyber Monday), but otherwise nothing really.

• @stlbuckeye132 Thanks for the head sup, those may be the way to go. And @dancingtreepose I may buy a size bigger but I also just generally hate shopping for jeans so I'm crabby about it AND going a size up lol.
  • @stlbuckeye132 Yes it's the website version of the book. I usually like the weekly videos b/c there are simulated ultrasound videos that show what the little bugger looks like at that stage. However I find the tone condescending and annoying at times. I bought the book for a friend 2 years ago when she was preggers b/c I didn't know any better, just thought it was THE book. She is now passing it back to me, not sure if I will read it or not. I might buy the Expecting Better book soon.  

• @dancingtreepose @stlbuckeye132 I have both books (expecting better and what to expect). I honestly think they’re a good duo to read together. What to expect covers a lot more than Expecting Better and Expecting Better provides more data/nuance on the « rules » What to Expect provides. They’re both good resources and DH has read some of the partner-oriented stuff in What to Expect and has found it valuable. I just try to remind myself that my doctor and I are always the decision makers on the big stuff and the rest of the rules/info are for me to do my best with. Easier said than done but that’s how I try to frame stuff for myself. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 11, 7w3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!!

Baby is the size of a(n):uncooked piece of macaroni 

Upcoming appointments: Had US today due to some spotting (all good!) and OB appt next Thursday 

How are you feeling? Today relieves after US. Overall tired and a little crampy and my boobs are killing me!

Raves/Rants: rave about my Dr office getting me in right away with my FTM concerns!  Ian’s also DH for taking off work to come with me. Also told my parents and ILs this pst weekend. Two equally precious moments I will never forget. Now telling my sister tomorrow!!

Questions: obviously will consult with OB but how strictly do you guys follow the cheese limitations?  Apparently no queso?? Went to Moes today and watched DH down a whole bowl of it with chips 😖

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? I want to find a small white dresser to go with crib my SIL gave us. That’s probably the only thing I’ll need to buy for nursery. And a rocker/recliner
  • @dancingtreepose yeah that's pretty much the consensus of what I've heard about the book. Just it's a patronizing tone. I'm sure there's still some good info in it if the tone doesn't bug you!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/14/ 7+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: FO

Baby is the size of a(n): Dunno

Upcoming appointments: Dec 12 is the U/S and I am really waiting until then to do any planning at all.

How are you feeling? Not super pregnant

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? I don’t shop on Black Friday but sometimes I check our cyber Monday deals. I’ve gotten most of my kids gifts already, lots of classic fisher price toys, Lincoln logs, poppy pockets, board games and hot wheels—you know, stuff for me.
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Update:

Thanks so much everyone for your well wishes and happy Thanksgiving!! I went in for the US on Tuesday and everything was fine. They calculated me at exactly 7 weeks on Tuesday, so my due date is now July 14th and heart rate 153. I'm so relieved that i was able to see my little blueberry, I never got that far last time. I'm still nervous though (but less so); I think I will be until 12 and then 20 weeks. 
  • @jmcpool88 yay! Sounds like a great US! I know how helpful it is to pass the milestones of previous heartbreaks. Here’s to a happy and healthy (and hopefully not too horribly anxious) pregnancy! 
  • @rachelredhead thanks so much!! You too!!
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 15, 7W1D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of an: Altoid 

Upcoming appointments: First appt not until December 20th but I have my normal well woman exam with my GYN on the 4th so we’ll see if I can’t get any info then to soothe my anxiety! I’ll be a FTM if all goes well so it’s been hard with all of the waiting, I wasn’t expecting it to be so nerve wracking.

How are you feeling? Definitely hungover (@rachelredhead best description I’ve heard yet). Just a queasy stomach and really fatigued most of the day. I also got hit with a cold so that hasn’t helped a ton either, but otherwise I feel pretty good.

Raves/Rants: none at the moment!

Questions: anyone know any home remedies for a cough that are safe during pregnancy? I’m trying to stay away from medication if I can and tea and honey only does so much!

GTKY: What are you shopping for this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, if anything? I don’t do Black Friday, working retail in high school and college definitely turned me off from it for life lol. Cyber Monday I was thinking of grabbing some baby books to read, so it was great to see the reviews of What to Expect and Expecting Better on this thread! The app is great for random facts and questions but I’m excited to get a fuller picture of everything!
  • @jenn_d21 there’s an Approved Med list post near the top of the board, that’s a good resource! I have a cough, too, and I’m definitely takings Vicks/Robitussin DM to help me sleep. I bet if you call your doctor they’ll be happy to provide a list of approved meds,too.