July 2020 Moms

Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

I saw that other boards have this and thought it might help us. 

This thread is to support anyone experiencing spotting and/or bleeding.

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support.  The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support

Re: Spotting and Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• I thought I’d start this today because I was spotting a bit. Totally freaked me out, and looking at the internet isn’t entirely helpful. So lucky my doctor got me in this afternoon and didn’t see anything worrisome. I never had any bleeding with my previous pregnancy, so my mind definitely jumped to the worst case scenario!
  • @surlyjaneausten Google is the devil. I’m sorry you had that scare and so glad you were able to get in quickly to ease your anxiety a bit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @surlyjaneausten so glad everything is ok! 
  • edited November 2019
    @surlyjaneausten spotting can be so scary! I hope you’re feeling okay.

I spotted at the beginning (probably from implantation), but now I take a moment to pray  every time I wipe 😂

ETA spelling 
  • Thanks everyone! She did an ultrasound to show everything looked right (not much to see yet At 5w5d), but it was really scary! 
  • I'm 5w today. Just had a little brown on a wipe. Due to two previous early losses, my first beta Hcg was measured today--100. The nurse congratulated me with this value, but I was less than reassured (although I know that doubling is more important than an absolute value). Due to my unusual professional schedule, it can't be rechecked until next Sunday. My husband is out of town and I haven't told anyone else. Trying not to spiral. 
  • @eqv I understand the beta hcg anxiety so well and I’m sorry you’re dealing with it. You know spotting can be 100% normal and your beta result tells you what you know right now, you’re pregnant. It helps me to just remind myself that I’m pregnant today and optimistic until someone gives me reason not to be. Try to relax, stay off Google, rest, and find some distractions before your next beta. 
  • eqveqv member
    edited November 2019
    @rachelredhead Thank you. I really appreciate it. 
    (Edited to tag you). 
  • @eqv I know it’s a tough wait. Take some time to do something nice for yourself during your wait. Best wishes for good numbers at your next visit ❤️
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • @eqv I hope you have a great next beta! 
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • Got a little bit of pink spotting this morning at 6 weeks 5 days. Not a fun way to start the day. I've been spotting on and off since 3 DPO, but nothing for 10 days led me to think it was over. Hopefully it won't be more than that...🤞
  • @mimser I know spotting can be very scary, but it is pretty common. Have you had your 1st appointment yet or spoken to your DR?
      TW I had spotting around 6 weeks during my last pregnancy, and went to the ER since it was before my OB appt. to be checked out everything was fine. I had my 1st OB appointment and it turns out I had a benign polyp on my cervix. My doctor removed and the spotting stopped after about a week End TW.
     I've also heard that it's just some of the old endometrium releasing as well. FWIW and I know it's easier said than done try to stay away for Google it just messes with your head. I'll be praying for you! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @macheno ! I'm trying not to worry but I should really indeed stay away from Google. Now is also the time I would have gotten my 2nd period 🤷‍♀️

I had my first prenatal appointment at 5 weeks with my GP, but we only did the paperwork. I mentioned the spotting at the time, she wasn't worried but said to come back if it kept going. It stopped shortly after that and my next appointment is next week (8w) and we will do the gynecological exam then. If I still have spotting tomorrow I may leave her a message, but I think she is out until Monday. She only said to go to the ER if I had bleeding and cramping.
  • @mimser that’s scary but it sounds like you’re doing a good job staying calm, which is great for both you and the baby. I hope you get some reassurance soon and that the spotting stops. Our bodies sure know how to make us worry! 
  • @mimser echoing everyone else. Spotting is often completely normal, but I'm sure it's very unsettling to see. Stay away from google, and I hope it stops! I'm glad your appointment is coming up soon.
  • **TW--update--it was not meant to be; nothing intrauterine on today's ultrasound and now falling hcg. Thanks for the support, and may you all have lovely and healthy pregnancies. 
  • I am so very sorry for your loss @eqv
  • @eqv I’m so sorry. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Really sorry @eqv 😔
  • So so sorry @eqv. Hope you’re surrounded by folks who give you comfort.
  • @eqv I'm so sorry :disappointed:

• @eqv I'm so sorry. Please take care of yourself. :heart:
  • @eqv I’m so sorry ❤️❤️
  • @eqv so sorry for your loss 
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • pretzelloverpretzellover member
    edited November 2019
    @eqv I’m so very sorry for your loss too. I hope your husband is back in town to help comfort you.
  • @eqv sorry about your loss.
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • Thanks for starting this. I'm 6 weeks 5 days. I woke up with some spotting on my underwear and a small amount when I wipe. I'm having minor cramping as well. I'm trying not to freak out but I had a MMC in August and it was right around this time that the baby stopped growing. I'm trying to be positive but it's tough. I don't go in for my first ultrasound until next Wednesday. I think my plan is to monitor today and call doc tomorrow, maybe they'll take me in early. 
  • Thinking of you @jmcpool88 and I hope you get some reassurance very soon and I hope that things calm down. 
  • Thanks @modoodles I can't seem to stop googling, I know that's bad but I can't help myself
  • Good luck @mimser, thinking of you and hope everything turns out okay! 
  • I’ve had light pink spotting the last two days, only when I wipe but it’s still freaking me out. I’ve pretty much had cramping the entire time we’ve been pregnant but nothing too severe. I do have a history of endometriosis, ovarian cyst and pcos so cramping is nothing new around here. I just wish the spotting would stop. 
  • @beckylookatherbump when’s your first doctor appt? Hope the spotting is nothing. 

I had some earlier when I wiped (more brownish) and immediately went into anxiety land again but am telling myself it’s from going to the bathroom/sex yesterday/ US Friday 🤞🏼
  • @b_1029 not until the 3rd but I’m gonna call tomorrow and see if they can fit me in. The blood did pick up to more red but I was only after a BM so I’m really hopping it’s nothing. So we can keep blaming the bathroom together. When’s your next appointment? 
  • @beckylookatherbump it’s on the 6th! Hopefully you can get in sooner!
  • @b_1029 you already had an appointment and saw the heart beat right? If so I’m sure it’s just irritation.  
  • Thanks for starting this thread. I have had very light pink spotting occasionally since finding out. Cramping has come and gone the whole time but doesn’t seem to correlate with the spotting. Tuesday 11/19 I had much darker spotting that had me worried and when I woke up 11/20 it looked like a significant amount of blood in the toilet-the water was pink/light red. I called my doctor and they said I should go to the ER. Not a fun start to the day. My HCG levels were 14,900 and no sign of any infections. The ultrasound showed a yolk sac and gestational sac which they said is all they would expect at 5w3d. I go back tomorrow 11/25 to follow up. My OB said there should be a heartbeat 11/25 based on what was in the ultrasound 11/20. I haven’t had anymore bleeding or even spotting since 11/21. I feel pregnant-nauseous, tired, sore breasts, cold, etc so that gives me hope but seeing blood is so scary. I’m keeping a positive mindset and wanted to give hope to anyone else who has experienced spotting. My doctor said bleeding happens more than we know and a lot of times turns out to be nothing to worry about. He also said it often looks like more than it is in the morning because it sort of pools inside while you are laying down. I did have spotting in my second pregnancy (which turned out fine) but it was brown and much less worriesome-it was around the same time in the pregnancy though which is interesting.
  • I’m glad this thread exists.  I’m around 6+1, I’ve had spotting off and on since I found out I was pregnant.  There’s been some confusion over my dates, so I’ve had two ultrasounds and two betas already.  My ultrasound on Friday showed a heartbeat of 114, which my doctor was fine with in view of everything else.  Today I have bright red tissue and some spotting.  It’s definitely more spotting than I’ve had the rest of the time.  This didn’t happen with my last pregnancy, and I know every pregnancy is different, but I’m freaking out.  Ugh.  Next ultrasound isn’t until December 6.  It’s going to be a long two weeks.
  • I’m pretty sure I’m losing the baby. I’m so hopping my ob will fit me in tomorrow and everything will be magically ok.