July 2020 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday

edited November 2019 in July 2020 Moms
What's cooking this week?

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Options

This is the dry erase board that lives on my fridge where I try to plan out what I'm eating for the week. There is no guarantee I will stick to the plan, but it helps me stay organized and helps me avoid browsing All the Food. DH is mostly vegetarian (occasionally eats fish and hunted game) so most dinners are veggie-friendly. I'm excited to go out Friday night!  We live in VT so it's not real Mexican but it will still be yummy :p
  • Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast pretty much every day: green smoothie. This week lunch will either be dinner leftovers or Smitten Kitchen’s Crispy Rice and Egg Bowl.

Dinners:
    M: spaghetti squash with chickpeas and kale
    T: (DS1 spirit night fundraiser at) Chipotle 
    W: Local bratwurst, potatoes and sauerkraut 
    Th: kale salmon salad
    F: pizza and salad (always, it’s family movie night!)
    Sat: stewed calamari with fennel and tomato
    Sun: Allison Roman’s sheet pan chicken 
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have been gradually going vegan so I’ve made some chorizo potato scramble, chole, potato and chick pea coconut curry, vegan baked ziti and things of that nature. We watched a really compelling documentary on vegan athletes a couple months ago on Netflix. My husbands triglycerides have already decreased by 60 points!
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options
    Here's our dinner menu for the week. Super healthy... haha

Sunday- mini meatloaves, mashed potatoes, green beans
    Monday- tacos
    Tuesday- tortellini soup
    Wednesday- chili
    Thursday- Instant Pot turkey meatballs with penne pasta and corn
    Friday- frozen pizza
    Saturday- ?
  • Options
    Had veggie night last night, chicken and mushroom casserole, beef/veggie stew, breakfast for dinner and protein spaghetti are planned
  • Options
    i never plan out breakfast/lunch/snacks as i just try to keep things on hand i know ill eat (and those im forcing myself to), so crackers, apples & peanut butter, carrots, and cantaloupe.

For dinners this week:
    Tonight-salmon, broccolini
    Tomorrow-mixed roasted veggie kebabs
    Wednesday-chicken, sweet potatoes, probably some leftover roasted veggies
    thats as far as ive gotten :smiley:
  • Options
    We usually pre-cook 2 meals on Sundays and it helps us a lot during the week. Yesterday we made some vegetarian patties with sweet potato fries and an asian inspired shrimp casserole
  • Options
    milktmilkt member
    edited November 2019
    Making a big pot of Taiwanese minced pork with hard boiled eggs and firm tofu to go over rice. Plus stir fried bok choy. Should last us most of the week. It's a super easy comfort food to make if you can get the right ingredients from a chinese supermarket. If anyone wants a recipe, let me know!
  • Options
    Made vegan baked ziti yesterday
    miso soup today
    ill make slow cooker chole tomorrow
    probs veggie burgers later this week
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options
    Leftover turkey = turkey tom kha gai soup.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I made a big pot of Moroccan Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup that I will be eating for lunch most days this week.  Tonight I'm making a veggie stir-fry and using my air fryer to make crispy tofu to go with it. 
  • Options
    @Skk1977 that all sounds super good! I tried to go vegan a while ago but then found out I have celiacs, so needed to ease up on the restrictions for my sanity. But I still struggle with what to make and some of those ideas sound perfect - since I stayed vegetarian, so chickpeas and sweet potatoes are big staples now. 

But im terrible at meal planning and basically never do it, so typically do a lot of lurking in this thread. 
  • Options
    Lazy on the meal planning these days but we have a weekly Blue Apron subscription we enjoy. I tend to just make a big batch of soup or a whole grain dish that keeps well for lunches during the week. But having the Blue Apron box for 3 dinners a week helps to not have to plan much. On the non-Blue apron nights we tend to do a lot of roast veggies plus sausage nights. I love all the Trader Joe’s chicken sausage flavors. We do a lot of breakfast for dinner, too.
  • Options
    @rachelredhead that reminds me I have some Trader Joe's chicken sausage in my fridge I need to cook up.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    So far this week we have made a turkey/stuffing/gravy, turkey chili, beef/bean/beet burritos, turkey tom kha gai soup, and California rolls.  A turkey casserole will probably be happening soon.
    Current pregnancy -