Trying to Get Pregnant

Questions/Chart Stalk November 2019

With the board getting messed up this month I don’t know if we have one of these threads? 

Re: Questions/Chart Stalk November 2019

• Can someone please remind me of the process if we want to add a new standing thread? Do we vote? 
  • I thought this was a standing thread?! Or are you asking about a new one? haha If so, I think we vote?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • @keikilove oooh I love that idea!
  • @keikilove I really like this idea too! 
  • If there is a rule about starting your own posts, it's new(er) 

I was on the in 2015 for DS

• @legendairymomma @bows22 @kpearse99 @gingermama29 @bluetickgal Thank you all for the input! I’m going to start a separate poll/thread asking people to chime in on what exactly that thread should be set up like so we get it right before we ask for it to be stickied. Please chime in on that new poll/thread. Thanks! 
  • I didn’t even realize this thread existed! I asking in my WTO group but thankfully the Awesome bump ladies turned me to here! I was wondering when do you gals start to use your OPKS? I ovulate at different times each cycle so I start on CD10 but I feel like I’m wasting when I go through like 50 of them in a month lol 
  • @dawn_tay I buy cheapies because I do a lot of them. And I always start around 7-8, but I normally O pretty early. A couple of months ago I O’d on CD 20 and was kicking myself because I forgot to buy more cheapies. I use the easy at home, but I have also used wondfo, and pregmate and liked them too. 
  • @dawn_tay I also use cheapies that I buy off Amazon. I use the Pregmate brand because I’ve found them to be the most sensitive for me. I start using them a day or two after AF ends because I tend to O pretty early. As soon as I see the color start to shift to slightly darker (matching the control line) I do one in the morning and one in late afternoon or evening so I don’t miss the surge. 
  • Hi ladies I have a question, hope this might be the right place to ask! DH is sick sick sick. He came down with a terrible cold last night. Sneezing, coughing, thinks he might have a fever. I'm pretty sure my fertile window is going to be tomorrow-Sunday/Monday...thoughts on BDing when sick? Maybe we should just sit this cycle out? 
  • @gladmamma just do it is my opinion

@photographerwife I used the easy@home too. I found that with the app and t/c ratio spelled out it made it less confusing 
  • @gladmamma I also say go for it if your husband can muster the energy and can get into it.  If you feel comfortable skipping a cycle maybe let him rest so he doesn’t feel that the FW is just a demand on his body to perform like it would be on a robot. MH has definitely had bouts of feeling like he’s just being used lol. 

@legendairymomma I use the Premom app too with my Pregmate OPKs to track line progression. I also use the Femometer app to do the same & because I like to over analyze everything about TTC.😆
  • @legendairymomma @keikilove thanks for the input ladies. I'll see how he's feeling. This morning before I left for work he seemed game but I agree don't want to push him and make him feel used ahaha. 
  • Thanks guys! I use the PREmom app and the amazon easy home OPks too but I still feel like omg I go through so many lol and @gladmamma I’d deff go for it lol 
  • Also for what its worth, i did read that a "positive opk" is not as cut and dry as a pregnancy test. Some people might not release enough LH to get a true positive but they still ovulate. Its recommended to track a cycle before ttc to see what your normal is. 
  • This might be kind of a dumb question.....  but I’m the TWW posts where you ladies note your timing.... are the positive numbers before O and negative numbers are after O? Or the other way around? I don’t know why this confuses me so much lol. I got my IUD our yesterday so I figured I better ask my questions before I start jumping in to weekly threads and embarrass myself. 
  • @krystrist2014 Not a dumb question at all!  The negative numbers are before O and the positive would be after!  So you had sex the 2 days before O, O day and the day after O you would write -2, -1, 0, +1
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Hey y’all! Just wondering what everyone is doing this month in terms of BDing! Are you going EOD, every day, every third day, whenever ya want etc? We are trying to just do it whenever we want this cycle! Make it less “medical” although I’ll know when I’m fertile I’m not going to tell him this month!
  • @dawn_tay I'm in the TWW right now. Outside of the fertile window we are pretty relaxed - sex happens when it happens. Within the fertile window, though...it was game on :D At least every day, but twice a day when we found the time. 
  • @kmalls I’m actually trying to switch shifts around right now so we’re both home the few days leading up to my ovulation day lol 
  • @dawn_tay I can see that your long shifts could make it hard to find the right timing. You may want to google the SMEP method to cover all your bases. At least that’s the theory. 
  • edited November 2019
    @keikilove thanks I’ll have to check that out!

so I just did some research and considering I don’t typically ovulate until like CD 20 that’s a lot of BDing lol 
  • This is going to sound both ridiculous and TMI, and if easily grossed out by CM/CP descriptions please skip, but...

... can I deplete my CM by checking to much? I have really high CP when I’m near ovulation so I end up checking more the once a day sometimes to make sure I didn’t miss anything. But when I end up pulling out a large amount each day, I wonder if I’m hurting things by giving myself a self-induced lack of CM? Especially when I have EWCM I’ll sometimes get the feeling I’m tugging it out of the cervix instead of casually getting a bit on my finger...

Thanks for any input, sorry for the TMI/graphic-ness !
  • @notagoodpatient I just stick my finger in, move it around a little bit, and then pull out. I get cm on my finger, but I don’t necessarily pull anything out of cervix. Are you finding that when you check multiple times that you are getting less and less? 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @blackgirlmagic sometimes I don’t get anything until a second or third check, but sometimes after I get a large amount I feel drier internally. 
  • @notagoodpatient do you ever just have some on your underwear or after you wipe going pee on the toilet paper? 
  • @dawn_tay sometimes, probably more when I'm not checking as often, but it tends to be later in my cycle...like a day or two after ovulation, which is less helpful for tracking.
  • @notagoodpatient if you 💩 every day they say It’s the best time to check right after that because it pushed it to the opening of the vaginal canal
  • Just started cycle 4 and thinking I may skip OPKs and temping this cycle.  My previous 3 cycles have been regular, except when I had a cold and O'd two days late, so I have a pretty good idea of when O should be and will still track cm.  I'm hoping this will reduce my anxiety and stress.   I'm feeling a bit consumed by TTC... thinking just hio eod my fertile week-ish...  Anyone else try this strategy?  If so, did it help you mentally?
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06
    *tw LC mentioned*
    I tried this with my first and it took us a year to conceive. I was devistated each month because I felt like I had no control and my body hated me. I also had no clue that OPKs and tracking was a thing. I am a planner at heart and having control eases my anxiety. 
  • @ziggymama06 I start temping a couple days after my period ended and stop once I have crosshairs to confirm O this cycle. This is my first cycle doing it and I feel like a new person during this tww. My breast are a little tender and fuller so I don’t know if it’s my period or pregnancy. They also did this last cycle. But I do know that I should get my period around Thursday. If I don’t get it by Thursday I may test Friday or Saturday. Im
    a planner and I would be upset with myself if I didn’t try everything I could to make sure that I timed sex around O. But once I know I have done my part, I know it’s out of my hands and there is no point temping anymore and driving myself crazy. 

• @legendairymomma & @blackgirlmagic Thanks for sharing.  I'm a type A planner and did the OPKs the past three cycles and only temped last cycle which confirmed O the same as the OPK, and when FF was predicting as well.  I continued to temp throughout my TWW and saw the drop in temp prior to my period, which I liked knowing.  I just feel so consumed and constantly thinking about TTC.  I was thinking (rather hoping), that if I skipped OPKs and temping this cycle that I wouldn't stress as much.  I guess it doesn't matter that much and I may stress less initially, but not in the TWW when I always get myself worked up anyways.  Ugh.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @ziggymama06 the wto point for me is not that bad. I temp and don’t really start analyzing my chart till I know it’s around my O time. And at the point I’m only checking it when I’m recording my cm to time when we should have sex. Not temping during the tww is where I go crazy. I try looking up other charts like mine, I make sure that I get a good few hours of sleep before I have to temp, and hold my pee so I don’t have to leave the bed. It was complete torture  for me and I’m happy to be out of that hell. And now I only have about half of my weekends out of the month where I need to set an alarm to temp. But that’s just me. 

• @dawn_tay LOL  :D  

@ziggymama06 I see it both ways. Yes, you wouldn’t be putting all the time/concentration in for temping/OPKs, but would you really be able to not think about it? I guess whichever would make you the most relaxed is the way to go, but I often think that it’s not that data driving the obsession, it’s the obsession making you seek out data. 

That said, if I get another cycle tracking app my phone will probably just explode, so I’m not sure which way would be easier!
  • Hi ladies  - question for you. I'm relatively new to any sort of tracking (this is my 4th cycle using OPKs...I've been using the clear blue advanced digital that does the flashing smiley for estrogen level rising and then solid smiley for LH surge). I don't temperature chart, at least not yet...so my question: my first 3 cycles using OPK, it seemed to work like clock work - got flashing smiley around CD10 or 11 and then solid smiley around CD13. This cycle, I'm on CD14 and still haven't seen anything aside from blank circle. From your experience, is that kind of fluctuation in ovulation normal? Maybe stress (I've been over thinking this TTC thing this cycle wayyyy more than in the past) is causing delay? Or maybe I'm not going to ovulate this cycle? I saw an RE for the first time on Friday for a preliminary appointment and he was a. pretty negative about the OPK I'm using and b. pretty negative about my ability to conceive in general (I will get test results on 12/6 but he said he was concerned that my cycle has shortened from a 28-29 day cycle to about a 26 day cycle). So now of course I think he's jinxed me (and that I'm bringing this lack of ovulation on myself by just being nuts and anxious). Okay, sorry for ramble, basically just curious to see if any of you have experienced ovulation delay/variation? 
  • @notagoodpatient Thanks.  I totally get that where I wonder if my mind will behave any differently.  I know last cycle with temping I would look at the charts like mine section on FF sometimes multiple times a day!  I think I'll try one cycle off and see if it helps... maybe.

@gladmamma I used those OPKs the first three cycles and the only time I had a different outcome is when I was sick with a cold and O'd two days late.  But that time I had the flashing smiley for 7 days.  Are the strips or the applicator from a new box?  I'm not sure why the dr. would be so negative and I really don't think that's right for him to say that without knowing your results!  Try to relax until you get the results as stress is not helpful. Cycles can vary over time and some women are sensitive to seasons.  My cycles are usually 27 days, but in the past year have been anywhere from 24 -29!  There's a plethora of reasons for cycle lengths to change.  Did you like the dr at all?  If not, maybe you can see someone else who you click with.  Good luck!
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited November 2019
    @gladmamma Sorry for the negative reaction from your RE. Personally, if I had 3 months of clear OPKs & obvious ovulation I’d be wondering why my RE was taking such a negative approach. I guess wait till your results come in to see if there’s a reason he was so negative but how would he know to be negative without your bloodwork results? If it were me I’d probably be finding a new RE. 

Yes, I have variations in my ovulation day frequently. Sometimes it’s Day 10 & sometimes it’s Day 13 or 14. Also, just an FYI that lots of ladies here like the OPK brand you are using but they can really add up. Many of us use the cheapies off Amazon like Pregmate or Wondfo. You get about 100 strips for $15, or add in 50 pregnancy tests & it is $25.