• That’s fine with me! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • @kagesstarshroom go ahead! I thought we had one at some point but I can’t remember if it was anything specific. 
  • @EmilyLove25 @miss.sally I will try to find the old one and resurrect it! And if I can't find it, I will post a new one?
  • It is slow, but I find I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t checked nearly as often! But please start nursery thread 😍
  • Does anyone want a Christmas thread? I’ve taken out a lot of my decor already. Lol
  • @miss.sally I say it doesn’t hurt to talk to them at least! People have to switch late for all sorts of reasons. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @miss.sally I switched from an OB to midwife around this time during my last pregnancy because my insurance changed and it was no problem for me!  I loved my midwife experience, but don't have anything to compare it to really.
  • @miss.sally I say, why not? I love my midwives so far, they have birthing privileges at one of the best hospitals in the city and I get to have my epidural too. And they actually ask how I’m feeling, take a full half hour or more for my appointments, explain everything, and just loveeee babies so much - it’s very cute. The only issue is I have two and I like one just a bit better and I hope she’s the one that is there with me in delivery lol! But that I won’t know until I’m in labor. I also say this but in Ontario midwives are regulated and part of our healthcare system as primary care practitioners so that helps me feel more confident in their care overall. Not sure how it is in the US as the system is generally private but if you have always wanted it, go for it!
  • @miss.sally just chiming in to agree with everyone else LOL. I say go for it! I had to switch OBs in 3rd tri last time because my original OB had a family emergency, and it wasn't a big deal at all. I'd also LOVE to have the option of a midwife, so it certainly can't hurt to meet with them. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Has anyone seen any great Black Friday deals for baby items? I might try and get some big things (crib, stroller, car seat, monitor) bought now if they are on sale. 
  • @miss.sally I've been strongly considering the EXACT same thing as you. I am not someone who does well with change, so I might not... but I KNOW I'd be happier if I did. Since it's at the same hospital, I feel like it's an awesome choice! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @miss.sally I'm echoing everyone else at this point, but go for it!  It doesn't hurt to go and chat with them and see what they have to offer.  :)  I'd personally really enjoy having a midwife but the idea of them is practically foreign in my area.  

@vicxenhuntress I haven't seen any Black Friday deals for baby stuff yet but I'm checking constantly!  I'd like to get some stuff too (car seats and changing table, mostly, but clothes and little things as well).  So if you (or anyone!) sees a good deal, let me know too!
  • @miss.sally, yep, go for it, you won't regret it.  :)  I've had midwives for these last 2 pregnancies and I've liked the experiences better than the experience I had with an OB for my first.  The midwives are just more personable, and they seem to actually care about your birth preferences as opposed to just shoving you through the system. (at least in my experience.) The midwives I've used are connected with the hospital, so I still have access to epidurals and everything if I want.  
  • @miss.sally I am in the same situation! I just switched from my OB (20 wks) to a midwife who operates out of the same hospital. It seems like the best of both worlds to me! Hope you find what you’re looking for :)
  • would it be insane of me to switch OB practices at this point in pregnancy? I just found out that there’s a midwife practice in my city and I’ve ALWAYS wanted to use a midwife rather than an OB. This group even delivers at my same hospital. There’s a different birthing center in downtown Pittsburgh but then I don’t even have the option of an epidural and that scares me. Lol. So that’s why I didn’t use the other one last pregnancy. 

Anyways I’m really tempted to go ahead and make an appointment just to chat with them about switching and how they differ from the regular OBs and everything. 
    I switched just before my last appointment (18 weeks) and I am so so glad I did. I finally feel confident in my care and able to relax (though I switched from Midwives to doctor). I would definitely call and chat. Maybe make an appointment but don't cancel any at your OB yet (that's what I did)? Make sure you feel comfortable before switching for good. 
  • Question for STM/TTMs: My oldest will be almost 2 when this baby is born. Do you think I could get away with a sit 'n' stand stroller, or should I get one with the option for two full seats? This is, of course, assuming that the baby will be in the infant seat for the first 6 months, which means that DS would be riding in the full seat (not the bench or platform) until he's 2.5. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder,  I think maybe that would depend on whether or not you think your DS would be ready to stand on the platform by 2.5?    I was wondering something similar.. DS will be 4 when this LO is born, so I'm not sure if getting a double stroller is worth it for me or not at this point.  DS can walk most of the time, but when we go to events or shopping, I keep him in the stroller just to keep him corralled and keep him from running away.  I'm not really sure how it's all going to work with 2... if I'm going to have DS walk, he will have to be on one of those hilarious backpack leashes so he doesn't run away....  
  • @treetop19 yeah I'm not sure... I think he'd sit on a bench just fine, but then (like you said) I wouldn't have the option of strapping him in to keep him corralled. Or do most bench seats have straps? I'll have to research. Totally agree about needing a backpack leash if DS is going to walk :D

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Question for STM/TTMs: My oldest will be almost 2 when this baby is born. Do you think I could get away with a sit 'n' stand stroller, or should I get one with the option for two full seats? This is, of course, assuming that the baby will be in the infant seat for the first 6 months, which means that DS would be riding in the full seat (not the bench or platform) until he's 2.5. 
    My son is going to be just three when  the 2nd baby is born - I have the option for 2 seats on one stroller, but I anticipate using a ride on board for the vast majority of the time since he likes to walk now. At 2, I don't think he'd have been ready for just the board. But I also imagine it would depend on how much strolling you do and your son's maturity etc. We walk a lot (like 5 miles a day ish) and my son's little legs couldnt handle that at all at 2, whereas now he's able to walk a couple of miles. If you only use the stroller for short trips then the board could work.

But, I'd also say that I can see using an actual double on weekends out, trips to the zoo etc for some time since those things tend to be exhausting for little ones and the older kid will likely still want to rest/nap. 
  • kailanaekailanae member
    edited November 2019
    @stassischroeder We went with the two seat stroller with a similar age difference.  Though I will add that DS1 was a delayed walker and overall less physically adept than other children his age.  He prefers to be able to sit.  I also think it will depend on your expected uses of the double stroller - more for short walks or for day trips?  We have done zoo trips and such where DS1 definitely needed to be able to sit after a while.  I'll also add that selfishly, I like having two seats because even if DS1 isn't sitting in it, I can use his seat for holding stuff (diaper bag, shopping bags, etc.). :lol:  My boys are 4 and 2 now and we still use our double stroller with them.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • DS is going to be 3 when baby is here and we decided we’re still getting a double stroller with 2 full seats. He’s 2.5 now and there’s no way I can trust him to remain seated without being strapped in. The backpack leash works very well though for when he walks. Even if he decides to walk it’ll be nice to have the space for him when he does need to rest or be corralled. When he’s walking it’s an extra seat to hold stuff too! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• edited November 2019
    @Madamemerle @kailanae thanks for your input! DS loves to walk on his own (currently 19mo), but of course he can't be relied upon to pay attention and not run off lol. Based on your guys' advice, I think it'll be beneficial to go with a modular system that has the option for a full second seat as well as bench/jump seat. I anticipate this stroller being used more for day trips, or at least I want it to have that capability.  
    The amount of thought I'm putting into a double stroller is beyond ridiculous  :D

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder I think the sit and stand would work for short outings/errands but if you’re going to do long walks, trips to zoo or amusement park, etc. I would get a side by side seated stroller. My 2.5 and 4.5 year olds still ride comfortably in our Joovy side by side. I’m gonna have to baby wear when we go on walks and bring a second stroller if we do big outings with my hubs because I will let the oldest stay in the stroller as long as possible!
  • @stassischroeder I’ve been going back and forth a ton on this also. But I think I’ve decided double stroller is the way to go. DS will be 2.5 when baby comes and I use his stroller all.the.time. as of now. I can’t see that  changing drastically in the next year. And I definitely don’t trust him to just stand. I think I want the city select double. 
  • @stassischroeder I know this is older and I've said this elsewhere, but I LOVE (both) of my double/sitting strollers. AS someone mentioned, for long outings, it's critical... but I also like forcing my kids to go on 4 mile walks pretty regular and live in a really walking-friendly neighborhood, so I think it depends. The Bob Duali Pro Double is AMAZING, but I also love my Citi Select Double and find that best for zoo/museum etc outings. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020